Liked: 18

Default TPS Sensor for Zetec

Does anyone know the part number (and/or brand) for the throttle position sensor used on zetecs?

Liked: 63

Default Tps

Motec, Talk to Dave at Veracity he set me up with a couple.

Liked: 63

Default Tps

I looked back at my notes, I think it says M 518-3...I think...I don't have my glasses...

Liked: 12

Default tps

Call Sandy or Eric @Q silver the new Penney & Gilles is a bit pricey but will be the last one you will buy.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks Guys,

I'm going with the Penney & Gilles.

Turns out the stock ones don't do well in the wet (the reason I need one).

Liked: 6

Default Tps

Gavin,

Is this the one you bought?
    http://www.cw-industrialgroup.com/Pr...-TPS280DP.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by shross View Post
    Yes, I think that's the one. I will confirm the exact number once I get it, but pretty sure.

Liked: 391

Can anyone suggest what is a good replacement TPS Zetec sensor?

Liked: 3290

The one QS now supplies, and is on my car, is supposed to be waterproof.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 254

What connector are you using on the harness side? I believe those that have updated to the QS/Penny & Giles sensor moved to a mil spec connector, but the original harness used a Bosch (EV1, I believe) connector and an off the shelf European Ford TPS sensor. If you need that Ford sensor I have the PN. I am still using the original sensor and had to order a bunch for spares a few years ago. There's a ton of very similar sensors but all with minor differences and I only found one that works (can't find the PN in my notes but could look at the packaging at home).

Liked: 391

Quote Originally Posted by 2BWise View Post
    What connector are you using on the harness side? I believe those that have updated to the QS/Penny & Giles sensor moved to a mil spec connector, but the original harness used a Bosch (EV1, I believe) connector and an off the shelf European Ford TPS sensor. If you need that Ford sensor I have the PN. I am still using the original sensor and had to order a bunch for spares a few years ago. There's a ton of very similar sensors but all with minor differences and I only found one that works (can't find the PN in my notes but could look at the packaging at home).

I still have the standard automotive style connector. I have several engines so if I switch to a sensor with a mil-spec connector I would have to make an adapter or switch the sensor all of the engines. I'm only looking for a spare at this point, so the original Ford style part number would be good. But I'll also contact Eric for info on the Penny & Giles version.

Thanks!

Liked: 254

Ford PN 88WF9B989

Google was the only help.

If I remember I found several thru ebay and stocked up that way instead of buying them thru alibaba, etc. They seem to be very common elsewhere in the world.

Thread Information