Liked: 2

Default 2017 Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series - INFO

The 2017 Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series
    Sponsored by Hoosier Tires

The Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series is BACK for 2017! Bigger and better than ever, the series will continue to provide a fun and friendly environment for Formula Ford racers and their families with the largest grids, at the best storied race circuits, in the Eastern United States…..

Mission Statement:
    To provide a sustainable, enjoyable, safety-oriented Formula Ford racing series in the eastern United States that rewards camaraderie, sportsmanship, and preservation of historic racing machinery and principles.

We strive to earn our competitor’s loyalty by providing a fun, safety-oriented Formula Ford racing series that is enjoyable both on the track and in the paddock.

Sponsors:
    The Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series welcomes 2 new sponsors: RaceQuip, and Quicksilver. All of the 2016 sponsors have signed up again in support of the series: Hoosier, Cloverleaf Auto, Victory Lane, Powerslide Motorsports, Stonebridge Cryoscience

Schedule:
    • VDCA 'Wild Hare' (VIR): April 7-9
    • Jefferson 500 '50th Formula Ford Celebration' (Summit Point): May 17-21
    • Vintage Motorsports Festival @ Thompson Speedway: June 23-125
    • PVGP Historic Races @ Pitt-Race: July 7-9
    • PVGP Exhibition/Charity Event: July 15-16
    • NJMP Historic Races (Lightning Circuit): Sept 15-17
    • VRG @ The Glen (Watkins Glen): Oct 6-8
    • Vintage Pumpkin Run (Dominion): Oct 20-22

Best 4-out-of-7 Series Championship Model

Ready to race?

Formula Ford Challenge Series - Web Site
    Formula Ford Challenge Series - FaceBook

Questions, Comments, or just feel like chatting ....
    info@formulafordchallengeseries.com
    Last edited by Christopher Shoemaker; 01.26.17 at 5:11 PM. Reason: Correct J500 Dates, confirmed VDCA Wild Hare, cleaned up schedule names

Default VDCA 'Wild Hare' is CONFIRMED!!

I am excited to announce that the Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series will return to VIR in 2017. We have reached an agreement that satisfies both parties and allows us to continue to provide some of the BEST open-wheel racing in the country.

If you have not experienced the RFFCS, and own a Formula Ford; bottom line is you are missing out. See you at the races in 2017!!

www.formulafordchallengeseries.com

--- Christopher Shoemaker
    Royale Racing, LLC

Liked: 757

When are ya'll coming to Road Atlanta!?

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Road Atlanta .... THOUGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by SEComposites View Post
    We continue to augment our relationship with sanctioning groups, currently we have a relationship with PVGP and VDCA in addition to the obvious one VRG. Our calendar is locked for 2017, however, feel free to work with your sanctioning group and have them reach out if you know of a good fit.

Note - VARAC is also looking to host an event, so now is the time to look forward past 2017 so we can plan and poll.

One of the reasons for us changing to a best of 4 out of 7 was to allow those in the south, west, and north (imagine a pin on Harrisburg) and opportunity to win the overall series not just participate in an event. This is our first year for the model, but it provides us an opportunity to add more events going forward; of course we need to ensure proper representation at the events and that only occurs with volunteers.

Royale Racing, LLC

Liked: 799

nice schedule

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Default RACER Magazine Coverage ... SWEET

To support our 50th Celebration, we have advertised in Sports Car (look in the Feb issue for our ad) and got the following on Racer ... How cool is this?

http://www.racer.com/historic/item/1...t-summit-point

Are you coming?

--- Royale Racing, LLC

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 186

Quote Originally Posted by SEComposites View Post
    If the VDCA Road Atlanta event were not the same weekend as PVGP, I'd make a pitch for that weekend. If VDCA can ever gets a date at RA that does not conflict with another challenge series event, we might be able to make it happen.

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoyaleRacingLLC View Post
    The 2017 Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series
    Sponsored by Hoosier Tires

Best 4-out-of-7 Series Championship Model

Ready to race?

I like the best of 7 points model. It really makes a lot of sense. My money is on Christian Morici. If he goes to 4 events, he is likely to take 4 wins in HF. He is an overall contender and HF favorite almost everywhere he goes and especially at NJMP and Thompson. He is untouchable at Schenley.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Default ahhhh... starting a pool?

Quote Originally Posted by s800racer View Post
    I like the best of 7 points model. It really makes a lot of sense. My money is on Christian Morici. If he goes to 4 events, he is likely to take 4 wins in HF. He is an overall contender and HF favorite almost everywhere he goes and especially at NJMP and Thompson. He is untouchable at Schenley.
    You raise some interesting points, and one of the key reasons for changing our scoring model. Achieving 4 events is not hard with this schedule as such the goal is to raise our participation per event # from 2016.

On the quest for HF, there is a lot of competition. I expect Stewart Bartley to return and I hear of a couple of new entrants into HF that will come out in 2017. Don't forget Bernard Bradpiece (front runner and regular participant). In 2017, the FF Challenge Committee are eligible to campaign for the series trophies. We will have to watch this closely, but you need to remember it is not just about winning (ie Did you sign in at the driver meeting?).

CF is wide open, luckily Scott Fairchild has limited time for racing or he would be a sure lock. Of course Doug, you are always knocking on the door so high potential to bring the overall and CF home to the VDCA in 2017 between you two alone.

Finally there is the FF group. I plan to campaign this year in my 1984 RP36 and there is Dan Finnocharo as well. Fingers are crossed that we pick up a car or two and create some competition in this class as it has a lot of potential and expands our total # of cars running.

See you at the 50th, if not sooner (VIR?)

Royale Racing, LLC

Liked: 83

Default Looking forward to the season

I'm in for four of 'em, maybe a fifth, and I'd love to go to Road Atlanta.

David

Quote Originally Posted by DK540 View Post
    I'm in for four of 'em, maybe a fifth, and I'd love to go to Road Atlanta.

David
    You CAN go to Road Atlanta. July 8-9 with VDCA.

Thread Information