Thread: ARRC news?

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Default ARRC news?

Looks like plenty of cars signed up, and great weather. How was the race?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Great race for everybody else . I had a lot of fun learning the track, slicks, and everything else (first time there) until my shifter shaft bearing mount broke and caused me to lose all gears. Never mind, had a blast with everybody. Great weekend, good size field with multiple classes (no wings) in our race and a start of about 30 cars.
    Graham

Classifieds Super License Raceworks's Avatar
    Liked: 215

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdrivr View Post
    Looks like plenty of cars signed up, and great weather. How was the race?
    It was pretty fun. We had one no-show in FF and another that had an excessively eventful test day.

Two full course yellows in the race, and the restarts didn't help my ambitions of an overall win. Scott & Garey made it very interesting after the last restart, especially since I had sort of forgotten they were there.
    Sam Lockwood
    Raceworks, Inc
    www.lockraceworks.com

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Cool! Glad it worked out for [most] everyone [although I'm not sure I like the implications of," an excessively eventful test day" ] I hope someone post some video! Last "fix" of the year, even if it's only vicarious.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 3787

Lots of interesting stories generated by that run group.
    The worse story was the Brumbauh entry bending their VD frame after a spectatular launch off the T1 curbing during Thursday's test.
    The happiest story was Brooks winning CF. He was really happy. He discovered that 7300 rpm was possible every lap down the long Hotlanta back straight if one stays 6" behind a new Spectrum.
    Rand tried to make sure he wouldn't make the podium, but because there weren't any more CFs left after 20 laps he finished 3rd.

One of the county's greatest tracks, under stunning weather, and an event hosted by Atlanta Region. Can't ask for much more.

7. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 3787

2016 ARRC CF Podium

Brooks = 1
    Mark Gray = 2
    Rand = 3

9. The following 5 users liked this post:

"The worse story was the Brumbauh entry bending their VD frame after a spectacular launch off the T1 curbing during Thursday's test."

How is the driver?
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Liked: 96

Default Podium

I see that Rand was doing his best Finelli impersonation with the unzipped driver suit.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 201

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdrivr View Post
    "The worse story was the Brumbauh entry bending their VD frame after a spectacular launch off the T1 curbing during Thursday's test."

How is the driver?
    Driver is fine, just bummed to mess up a brand new paint job that looked fabulous. However, frame will be straight by the end of this week (only a very small portion was damaged) and the rebuild will begin in earnest and back on track at Sebring in January.

13. The following 2 users liked this post:

Good to hear that. Good luck in January.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Barry , beartrax, the taped on SARRC/ARRC patch had not stayed on and you never know when some eagle eyed officious official is going to notice and I was hoping to not get noticed.
    My interview did go like this:
    "So Mike, any issues with the car today ?"
    "Only issue was the idiot driving it..."
    "Finally an honest driver ! " says the interviewer !
    In truth I was just not "on" in any sense of the word and never got close to my qualifying times, then huge spin and stall coming out under the bridge, hit the curbing drivers left and spun through the grass finishing up at the turn 12 apex facing in correct direction but the motor refused to fire for maybe an hour, well, it seemed like an hour as car after car went by safely, it was probably more like 15 seconds.....
    Oh well, the horse awaits in the spring and I, not being terribly clever, will climb back on......
    And if Don Baggett had not had a last lap misfortune at Turn 10A, I never did hear how he got into the barrier side on in the braking zone, I would have succeeded in being OFF the podium !
    Congrats to Steve Brooks, he was very definitely "on" ! As was Don B until that last time into T10A anyway.....
    But it has been a great season, Rd Atlanta ARRC being my ninth [9th] race weekend of the year starting in June.
    I'm one tired old racer, I promise....

16. The following 7 users liked this post:

Thread Information