Liked: 896

Default FS: Race Car Design - Nova Blade F500

Ok Racers and car builders. I just turned 75 about 2 weeks ago and it is time to retire from building cars for customers. I am looking to make a deal with a serious committed builder who wants to take over the build and sale of the Nova Blade F500.

We have designed, built and sold 4 of the new Blade F500s as well as over 30 other cars including F500s, F1000, Sports Racers and an electric car for Pikes Peak. Our cars have won a total of 8 Major Championships both Pro and SCCA as well as 2 solo Fmod championships. I have also served on numerous technical committees for the SCCA and I spent over a year negotiating the original approval of the Rotax 494 for use in the SCCA F500 class.
    You might guess that I am getting tired. I want to race again and I can't when I am building cars for other people.
    Here are the Blades that have been built.
    1. A 1000cc powered solo Blade
    2. Calvin Stewart's Daytona Runoffs winning car and the pole sitter at the Mid-Ohio Runoffs with a qualifying record of 1:28.5. The car DNFd due to a fuel pump failure. The first and only DNF in 3 seasons of racing.
    3. Barry Luterek's car he recently purchased from Chris Ross. Finished 1st and 2nd in his first race weekend at Blackhawk Farms and also with fastest lap of the weekend.
    4. Tom Diehm's 593 Rotax powered Blade that finished 3rd at the Mid-Ohio Runoffs in the very first outing in the car. The car had less than 10 laps on it prior to the race.
    Tom's car is actually a redesign of the car in order to fit much bigger drivers in the car.

We have been developing the Blade F500 for 3 years and it is the fastest F500 on the planet.

The chassis has been redesigned to fit bigger drivers and has resulted in a chassis that is 5" wider at the drivers hips and 4" longer in the seat area. The engine bay has also been redesigned to allow for the installation of both the MC engines and the Rotax 2 stroke without changes to the chassis. This race car design has been completely done in 3D software using SolidWorks and this includes the body which was also designed in SolidWorks and CFD analysis also completed. This has resulted in an aerodynamic package that has a frontal area that is 8.5% smaller than our 2 time Runoffs winning Rakavon F500. This effort has produced the fastest F500 ever and it will only get better with continued development.

What I am looking for is a committed and capable builder who is willing to work with me on the continued development of these great racecars.

I am not defining any kind of required deal. It is more important to me to find the right person or persons to continue the development of this great race car. I am totally open to creating a deal that will work for all parties. My current suppliers are great businesses and will commit to building any and all parts required to sell car kits or completed cars.

If you are capable of handling a project of this size and are interested in building the fastest lowest cost road racing car give me a call or send me an email and we will discuss.

Jay Novak
    jaynovak at comcast dot net
    313-445-4047

Of course I have SolidWorks models and drawings for EVERY Part of the car.

Tons of photos too, just ask.
    Cal Stewart's Daytona Runoffs winning car. Top speed 159.988 mph

Tom Diehm's 3rd place Runoffs 2 stroke powered Blade

Barry Luterek's MC powered Blade
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jnovak; 10.21.16 at 11:03 PM.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

2. The following 11 users liked this post:

Cal's car at Daytona trimmed to the max.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Tom Diehm's car.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Liked: 229

Just wish you were closer
    & I did not live on a island with prohibitive costs for a business.

bump.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Quote Originally Posted by Pi_guy View Post
    Just wish you were closer
    & I did not live on a island with prohibitive costs for a business.

you can move LOL

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    you can move LOL
    The problem with that is here I have a decent collection of brain trust, out there not so much.
    & My wife will not move until son graduates from HS she is happy with education system here in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi_guy View Post
    The problem with that is here I have a decent collection of brain trust, out there not so much.
    & My wife will not move until son graduates from HS she is happy with education system here in town.
    Just an old mans opinion, moving so you can build race cars, not a great idea. You will not get rich, it is a passion.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    Ok Racers and car builders........ I just turned 75 about 2 weeks ago and it is time to retire from building cars for customers........ I want to race again and I can't when I am building cars for other people............
    A true racer right here folks!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

12. The following 3 users liked this post:

Just an old mans opinion, moving so you can build race cars, not a great idea. You will not get rich, it is a passion.
    I know.
    Not trying to get rich.
    That was why I commented that I had wished you were closer.

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 4

Jay,
    Have you had any interest in your project/car design. I have floated the idea around to some folks that I know out here in Colorado to see if we can find someone to continue what you have started. I am interested in the car and design but would feel a whole lot more comfortable if I knew that someone was going to be carrying on as an ongoing concern. I have heard that the F600 guys are going to be running Majors and going to the Runoffs this next year instead of just doing their own separate F600 thing. I think that is an important move.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

I have had 5 enquiries and will be making an announcement soon.

Yes, the f600 pro series will be running in majors this season. This will help the class numbers.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Great! Looking forward to the news!

Any news on this? I enjoyed watching your cars duke it out at the Sprints. My teammate and I are seriously considering changing classes and running F5's with Bike motors. The Blade would be our car of choice. We would want two identical cars to make stocking of spares efficient and to share data.

Quote Originally Posted by pauljensen View Post
    Any news on this? I enjoyed watching your cars duke it out at the Sprints. My teammate and I are seriously considering changing classes and running F5's with Bike motors. The Blade would be our car of choice. We would want two identical cars to make stocking of spares efficient and to share data.
    cool. No real news. Lots of inquiries. Stll waitng for the right person or group.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Liked: 3

cool. No real news. Lots of inquiries. Stll waitng for the right person or group.
    I have been waiting and hoping this would of moved along quickly. Since things are still being worked out are you still able to provide parts for the cars while not building complete cars?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Default New updated Blade

Finally, I have made a deal with an established car builder. We will start builing the new updated car in about a month or so. We have collaborated on the new design for the latest rules. We learned a ton developing the blade so the updated design is simpler, lighter, roomier and less expensive too!

It will be available with an MC engine or a 593 2 stroke!

We have learned a ton in the last couple of seasons.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

23. The following 5 users liked this post:

Contributing Member phantomjock's Avatar
    Liked: 105

Default You Tease...

...the updated design is simpler, lighter, roomier and less expensive too!
    So, were would it fit in the "Holmberg" spreadsheet?

Hmm, lighter, with a GXR (1000),add an enclosed body - is it a P2 killer?
    The F500/F600 cost to "enter" is about 1/2 a P2, and costs per session about 1/2 too.

When can we see any renderings?

Cheers - Jim
    Last edited by phantomjock; 01.11.20 at 6:22 PM. Reason: Sorry Greg - e not U --fixed!
    When I used to fly Phantoms, I was called an AVIATOR.
    Now I race cars. So, am I now called a PAVIATOR?

Quote Originally Posted by phantomjock View Post
    So, were would it fit in the "Holmburg" spreadsheet?

Hmm, lighter, with a GXR (1000),add an enclosed body - is it a P2 killer?
    The F500/F600 cost to "enter" is about 1/2 a P2, and costs per session about 1/2 too.

When can we see any renderings?

Cheers - Jim
    Do not forget

Wings
    Shock absorbers
    New body molds
    An engine that costs 3 times as much
    Dry sump
    Bigger wheels and tires
    Bigger fuel cell
    More braking power

This is a monster project and i know this for certain!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

Hi Jay,
    What would you have to do to the suspension to meet the P2 minimum width requirements?
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Nygard View Post
    Hi Jay,
    What would you have to do to the suspension to meet the P2 minimum width requirements?
    Marty

Not much Marty, longer control arms in the front and wider axle in the rear. Come and c my new P2 this season! The body was the tough part.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Liked: 98

Come and c my new P2 this season! The body was the tough part.
    Jay, tell us more about this new P2 car!

Greg

Thread Information