Liked: 121

Default Master cylinder sizes

Working on an S2000 that has 1" rear , 7/8" front master cylinders. Calipers are ld20 rear and ld65 front. The masters are shot and must be replaced. Are the sizes correct at 1" and7/8"? I've never driven this car so I cannot comment about pedal feel. Thanks.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

kea

Liked: 601

Default Sport 2000

The 1" sounds a bit on the big size.
    The later model Lola S-2000, with LD-65's (4-36mm pistons each) all around came with .75" front and .875" rear.
    The combination you have may exhibit an "on-off" type of brake force with it's very short pedal stroke.
    I'm glad you brought this up.
    I've seen a number of S-2000 that over time have shown up with unusual master cylinder sizes. Maybe your question will bring up some data from other owners.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 121

Thank you very much Keith!

Thread Information