Liked: 280

Default Right Coast Formula F Series Race 5 at Summit Point

Hi,

As you can see from Windshadow's recent post, we are now three weeks away from Right Coast Formula F Series Race 5 which is our final event of the 2016 season. This race will be held on October 29 & 30 at Summit Point Raceway on the Summit Point Circuit and the weekend will be shared with the Formula Race Car Club of America and the Eastern Motor Racing Association. We will be running with the FRCCA drivers and we have been told that the formula cars will have four 1/2 hour sessions on both Saturday and Sunday. Andy Graham, the President of FRCCA is currently working with us on a specific schedule and we hope to have it available by the end of this week.

The entry fee will be $550 and registration is now open on MotorsportReg.com. There is a track administered test day on Friday, October 28. You can also register for the test day on MotorsportReg.com.

We hope that all of you that have raced with us this year have had a good enough time that you will choose to come and close out the season with a large entry. I have raced with FRCCA many times and find them to be a really fun group to run with. You will probably find yourselves a bit tired from all the track time that we will be getting. So, please register as soon as you can and join us at Summit Point.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski
    #04 Royale RP24 Club Ford

Liked: 29

Default Links etc

Cool

Links to register, as normal, be found on http://www.rcffs.org/schedule.html

Also links to the track practice day as well as our partners for this race FRCCA.

Hope to you all there.

Liked: 78

Count me in.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Already entered !
    Summit of course is the HOME of Right Coast and Joe's predecessor DUFFUS events and series, and such a fun RACING track how can we not go and enjoy a late season gathering of the clan ?
    And I personally want to see Derek Holmes have a good weekend after his last few awful outings, now that, hopefully, his transmission woes are solved.
    As will be Joe's own shifting difficulties as he closes in on making his gorgeous rebuilt, if not to say ground up restored, Royale fully up to speed at his home track.
    And I admit to anticipation at meeting the FRCCA group in person, this will be an interesting weekend for all of us I am sure.

At some point my car is bound to cooperate with me...

Default Right Coast Race 5 at Summit Point

Hi,

We are now two weeks away from load in. We have six Right Coast entrants as of this moment. Can we get 14 more? I believe that Phil Kingham and Dave Harmison are coming from Michigan for this race. Dan Pyanowski has said he is going to join us. So, we just need 11 more, although 15 more would be really cool.

A big field at the Right Coast/DUFFUS ancestral home of Summit Point would be a great way to close out a successful season.

You can find links to MotorsportReg on our website at www.rcffs.org
    Thanks,

Joe Marcinski
    #04 Royale RP24 Club Ford
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 10.13.16 at 9:01 PM. Reason: added links reference

Liked: 29

Default Attending

Angela an I plan on running. Looking forward to being on track Vs our home in pit.

Liked: 313

I will register this weekend when I can use my laptop. Too dangerous to try it from my Samsung phone .

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

I'm registered. Looking forward to it!

Liked: 74

Default Debating

I still have no tow vehicle and basically at the peak season at my job, BUT may be able to race Sunday? I really do want to get back in the car one last time, before winter!

Sent this to Derek Holmes to spice things up a bit. Hopefully I can somehow make it happen.

It looks like we are back to this again.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 20

Where's that snappy comeback Mr. Holmes ?

15. The following members LIKED this post:

I'm registered. It only billed me $525, $500 for the races and $25 for a weekend license. Did I do it ok or do I still owe someone another $25 to get to the advertised $550 price?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    Where's that snappy comeback Mr. Holmes ?

He's out of excuses....

Edit: I meant "Comebacks"

Stupid auto-correct

Shayne,

I have been holding back. I figured it would encourage you to come out and race with me not beating you all the time. But apparently I scared you too much on the go karts....

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Right Coast Race 5 at Summit Point

Hi,

Shayne, if there is a way it would be great to have you on the track with us again.

Dave, the $550 initial quote was based upon discussions prior to the actual release of the official entry. $500 for the entry and $25 for the license is the correct cost for the weekend.

We are up to 8 Right Coast entrants. There are three more definite entrants that I know of. Can we get 9 more? Can we get 14 more?

We have a very successful season; can we finish it up on a really strong note?

Thanks,

Joe M.

Liked: 2

The EMRA registration link lists $525 as the weekend costs. That normally excludes temp license fees. They may hit you up for $25 at the track.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...g-assoc-921817
    Ralph Kennedy
    1981 TIGA FF

Registered!

Now just need to get a Truck hahaha

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Rent one for a weekend
    Graham

24. The following members LIKED this post:

He lives close enough to the track. Just leave early in the morning and strap a flashlight to your helmet.

26. The following 3 users liked this post:

Got the Okay from a friend to trailer the car Thursday night.

See everyone at the Test Day!

Shayne

Liked: 98

Default Pictures :-)

I was happy I got to come out today and meet (and re-meet) a few of you guys, and I was pretty impressed with the amount of FF's on site and on track...

Anyway, I was able to snap a few pictures, and here are the ones I was decently happy with. (You can tell I <3 open wheel... I have pictures from sedan events in June I haven't even gone through yet...)

On a personal note, it was really cool to see that many FF's on track (especially after the 14-car Runoffs) and even cooler to see the older cars and the variety of equipment.
    Jon K - 1986 Swift DB3/Honda

Even though I had less than a perfect weekend I am already looking forward to next year. You could not ask for a better group of racers. If anyone has been checking out the RCFFS website or the post on Apex should just give it a go and come run with us next year. You will have good close safe racing and make allot of good friends.

On a side note Shayne is a RCFFS/Derek project so just stay away from him on track...

Derek

30. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 50

Default Saturday Race Video

Thanks to mother nature, Joe, and the entire RCFFS community for a picture perfect weekend for racing. We made the long drive from Michigan out to Summit Point West Virginia for the final RCFFS race weekend of 2016 and were not disappointed. Saturday morning started out a bit, well, cold, but warmed up nicely along with the action on the track from all of the RCFFS competitors.

Turn 5 caught out quite a few drivers in the Saturday race. Here is video of the opening 10 or 11 laps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en8qZugHTO8
    Michael Ray
    Crew for CFF #27 Phil Kingham

32. The following 2 users liked this post:

Can we edit out the spin part at the end...

Great video, Mike. Thanks for posting.

From where I was viewing Derek's car, those spec tires look like a handful.

The car certainly has a different behavior than it ever did. I had 3 spins in that race on that turn I am glad that the other 2 were not on video... I am certain there was something on the track surface to help me do that. The car to me felt like it was not stopping then the rear would just come right around.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    Can we edit out the spin part at the end...
    But that was the best part!

Thread Information