Thread: Why FE?

Liked: 16

Default Why FE?

I am new to FE (previously raced spec Miata). I've met some of you and have exchanged emails with several. Since the off season is here, figured we could spark some discussion. looking to get some perspective on what drew everyone to FE with so many classes available. for the reasons that drew me in below, i can't understand why its not more popular.

- Not too many adjustments to the cars in terms of tuning was very appealing to me as someone who is relatively new to racing and doesn't have the experience or budget to do too much testing (spec gears, spec springs, spec dampers, spec motor, etc)
    - Parity in the class (and consistency in budget, which in my opinion goes hand in hand)
    - Fast cars that look great (could sound better IMO but by far not the worst sounding motors at the races - at least don't sound like lawnmowers)

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 177

You forgot to mention they probably have one of the most durable engines in open wheel racing, brakes are durable and capable, entire package is easily maintained.

Why is it not more popular? Well, it is getting more and more popular over the last couple years coupled with Enterprises actually doing something to help the class with Robey in charge instead of treating it like a red headed step child before...
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

4. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 121

I sold both of mine years ago because of the ridiculous prices for parts. With that solved along with the multitudes of other issues solved, the whole idea should work. But I have no idea what a new car costs these days.....that might be the telling factor now.
    That said, there are ways to go just as fast without spending big money, as long as you use your head and common sense.

Liked: 384

One big vote for FE.
    Most car for less money.
    Very reliable and simple to operate.Jason at Bulldog motorsports is the man for West coast guys.
    Bought F3 just for looks and exclusivity.(i know costs will bite)
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information