Liked: 1

Default How to sync autox runs in Aim RaceStudio2?

I'm at a loss...I've been trying to sync runs from the 2016 Nats in Aim RaceStudio2 but can't seem to find the right solution. I've read about using "GPS Lap Insert" to sync but that appears to assume/require that you're on a track where the start and finish points are the same (obviously not the case for autox)

I've also tried setting sectors on a track map but for some reason it is excluding several of the laps listed in the Lap Manager from my Split Report.

So, anyone know of a way to handle autox runs (distinct start and finish locations) in RaceStudio2? Or maybe an idea why some laps are being excluded from my Split Report?

Thanks in advance for any help!

David

Liked: 285

David,

There are several tricks with Aim RS2 Analysis that could be used to help you align the data from two different runs (or different loggers). I think it's too difficult to try and describe in text form, and it might be easiest to do if I were to work with your data remotely using the TeamViewer software. Give me a call or email (ferg@veracitydata.com), and we can set that up.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 80

Hey David,

What happen on day 2 I didn't get a chance to talk to you after the event.

Ben

Liked: 74

The car let him down, my fault. The back of the car was kind of jumping out and he spun on his last run.
    Barry

Ben,

Barry gives himself too much credit. :-) I was rolling into the power in the left-180 leading up to the big slalom and tried to accelerate too quickly for what the current setup would allow and around it went! With cones on my 55.6 2nd run, I had to sit on my 2-sec-slower 1st run.

David

Liked: 80

Sorry to hear that David, I wasn't into watching the others because we had our own problems. If it's any consolation your scratch time would have put you in 4th but I'm sure you knew that. The next time I see we can talk about it, see you out there next year.

Ben

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Hi David,

For autocross you should really look at running a SoloStorm setup, which I designed specifically for solo racers. With it, you can analyze data in between runs. I run it in my DB1, and have tossed the old stack logger. No more syncing data.

You can learn more at www.petreldata.com or call me at 604 315 5762.

Thanks,
    Mike

Liked: 74

Quote Originally Posted by na94 View Post
    Hi David,

For autocross you should really look at running a SoloStorm setup, which I designed specifically for solo racers. With it, you can analyze data in between runs. I run it in my DB1, and have tossed the old stack logger. No more syncing data.

You can learn more at www.petreldata.com or call me at 604 315 5762.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Hey Mike, I didn't see AIM as a data source you support, is that right? The Fit motor uses a CAN bus for it's data and David Ferguson/Veracity provided a really nice Dash and Data logger from AIM that plugged right in and works really well. So, I'm reluctant to go away from that.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Barry

10. The following members LIKED this post:

I created a short video showing how to do this with David/Barry's data from the 2016 Solo Nationals. Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/2IFjQEQaLA8
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

12. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 42

Great video! I assume the times you inserted were from the solo nat official timing system? What if you have a bunch of raw data laps, with GPS, but need to insert a start AND finish, whether auto-x or hill climb ? No external or stop watch timing data available.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 309

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferguson View Post
    I created a short video showing how to do this with David/Barry's data from the 2016 Solo Nationals. Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/2IFjQEQaLA8
    David,

In a word, AWESOME! Really appreciate the video. It gives me hope that I can someday futz my way through RaceStudio with some proficiency! That is, I picked up a a bunch of "tricks" from your video that I hope to apply going forward.

Take care,
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Quote Originally Posted by mblanc View Post
    Great video! I assume the times you inserted were from the solo nat official timing system? What if you have a bunch of raw data laps, with GPS, but need to insert a start AND finish, whether auto-x or hill climb ? No external or stop watch timing data available.
    Here's another note David provided to me that sounds like it might be useful in the above situation: Other tricks for aligning the data — click the icon on the upper right that looks like two rulers with a double-ended arrow in the middle (Tooltip "Snap ON/Off”). This will give you an X-axis scale for each selected lap, and you can move them relative to one another. This is useful when the first part of a run has a spin, or goes extra distance — you can still line-up and compare the second part of the run.

Big thanks to David Ferguson and Veracity Racing Data for being so generous with his time and experience to help us discover a way to make the analysis tools more effective. His suggestions have already made a huge difference for me in finding valuable information from the sea of raw data. Thanks!

David

Quote Originally Posted by mblanc View Post

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk
    You can determined the time of a particular run by just positioning the cursor in the data (measures graph), verifying the position on the GPS map, then note the time listed in the upper right corner on the measure graph. Use that time to insert the lap marker -- this is exactly what I did for the run 6 that didn't automatically get the start inserted -- i did it manually in the video (look around 2:20 into the video) you would do the same thing but for the finish position.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 41

Default AIM -> RaceCapture/Pro -> SoloStorm

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ott View Post
    Hey Mike, I didn't see AIM as a data source you support, is that right?
    You could run SoloStorm off the AiM data, as long as you send it through RaceCapture/Pro first, right?

https://www.autosportlabs.com/produc...lemetry-cable/
    https://www.autosportlabs.com/produc...acing-package/

Thread Information