Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Road Atlanta American Road Race of Champions

While not a Right Coast Formula F series event , Road Atlanta remains one of the tracks every racer I know aspires to compete at.
    Personally I have promised, threatened and intended to for years now to go.
    Well gang, this is the year.
    All being well after Right Coast finale at Summit Point the previous weekend my plan is to wander around for a few days before making landfall at Road Atlanta Wednesday afternoon November 2 to get ready for the Thursday test day before the ARRC Friday and Saturday Nov 4-5.
    Forgive me if you are racing Sunday Nov 6 but per the schedule, available on motorsportreg, the ARRC FF/CF race, including FV and F5 and the rare FST class cars is over and done in the books Saturday Nov 5, and like most of us if I am not in it what does it matter ?
    That is, indeed, tongue in cheek, before I get pounded for being an open wheel snob.
    While that charge may or may not be appropriate, aside from the FE qualifying and feature race on Sunday, all open wheel racing, indeed all sports racing classes as well, are likely heading home by Sunday morning at the latest.
    So what about we, the FF and CF community make an event of the ARRC for ourselves with a decent turnout of cars and drivers in both classes ?
    We know there are cars and drivers lurking in the Southeast and as I was guilty for many years of NOT running the ARRC, why not come out this year ?
    Beat up on this old guy in his seventieth year on the planet with his 41 year old Crossle 30F, admittedly with a Honda Fit in the engine bay, but come on, 46 years after my peaking early as a young early 20's kid winning FC at the initial runoffs at Road Atlanta [that is to many letters to type so I will refer to the track simply as RAT going forward....] and a guy who has yet to race the revised dip-less version, how hard can it be ?
    So I stupidly out the challenge out, I want enough CF cars there that I don't make the class podium, come on people, prove me a dopey old delusional guy, you can and know you want to do it !
    How about a "Keep Rand off the Podium" or maybe a "Rand Free Podium", RFP at RAT !
    I'm up for it if you are......who's in ?

Now I just better keep everything together through Summit Point Oct 29-30 !

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 3787

Am i allowed to at least clean the car? I know the word "scales" is not in your very limited vocabulary.
    Crewing for you is so frustrating. I want to pretend I'm Eric Lanbein, you want to drive a golf cart around the paddock partying.
    Morgan needs to tell Chinky he wants to race Rand at Hotlanta. Period, end of discussion.
    A word of warning... I have dropped Capt. Morgan... moved on to Sailor Jerry.
    There is nothing on this planet for a regional racer like the ARRC!
    One of the times I miss not having a POS Reynard.
    Super event. Atlanta Region goes all out!

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 553

Glad to hear you're coming down, Michael. I hope it's a fun weekend for you. We might even have some warm(er) weather for you.

It will be great if there's a good group of formula cars. I know I always had fun at the ARRC (some years more than others. The year I spent much of the weekend at the welder's paddock could have been better). There have been some great CFC, CF, FB, FS races there in the past.

I'll be there as a spectator this year (and as a competitor next year). I'll hunt you down in the paddock, maybe even mash a stopwatch button for you every couple of minutes. Remember to study the track map this month so you know what's going on when you don't see the dip.

Here's a link to the people who have pre-registered thus far: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...6#.V_Ptvk3ru00
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

PF, if you bring the cleaning amterials I guess while I am elsewhere you can scrape some of the crud off and polish it a bit....
    Russ, I look forward to seeing you again, been since F1600 at VIR a few years back......

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Frog know anybody in tech that can classify a db-6 as cf?

Jim, if we base the car class on the driver.... might be able to work something out.
    Then again, you could run it as a FF, just as long as you finish ahead of Rand.

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member

Based on the driver it would be an OF

13. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 56

I'm in.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Liked: 757

I'll be there wishing I had a car!

Liked: 6

Are you kidding....you HAD a great car RF75 and choose to part it out....not too smart!

Oops, did I say that out loud?

17. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member

Rand you me frog it's on

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 105

Default Arrc

Hey Jim are you really going to the ARRC? I need a racing fix after the cancellation of the SIC. Never raced at Atlanta. Anyone else going from south Florida? I see Stuart Jackson and Sam Lockwood are going. Does anyone have any intel as to when the SIC will be re-scheduled?
    Hartley MacDonald
    2006 Van Dieman RF06

Liked: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post

Beat up on this old guy in his seventieth year on the planet with his 41 year old Crossle 30F, admittedly with a Honda Fit in the engine bay, but come on, 46 years after my peaking early as a young early 20's kid winning FC at the initial runoffs at Road Atlanta ..., how hard can it be ?
    So I stupidly put the challenge out, I want enough CF cars there that I don't make the class podium, come on people, prove me a dopey old delusional guy, you can and know you want to do it !
    !

Be careful kids, he's baiting you with the "old man, old car" routine.

Not only is he a former SCCA National Champion, he's raced one of these.

Be prepared to man up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

22. The following 3 users liked this post:

Morgan, while sitting around waiting on a hurricane, seems to have developed a conceptual plan to beat Rand. Jim is currently testing the plan on himself, one 1.5 ounce sample at a time.

The weather is looking to be downright stunning.
    Lows about 50, Highs about 70. Sunny.

25. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    The weather is looking to be downright stunning.
    Lows about 50, Highs about 70. Sunny.
    Looking forward to this. Should be fun.
    Graham

Thread Information