Thread: 2017 Runoffs

Liked: 3

Default 2017 Runoffs

I desperately want to run the Indianapolis Runoffs in my F1st. Is anyone else interested
    in petitioning the SCCA to make a slot for our group? I believe we can field 20 cars at least.
    Say we supply our own trophies,tech crew and whatever else we can come up with.
    I will put it together and present it if the F1st leaders don't want to do it. Our group is bigger then 20% of the National classes now.

Steve Dunlap
    Wasp Race Cars

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Mike Wright's Avatar
    Liked: 8

Default 2017 Runoffs

Familiar with this event? Probably a better shot at IMS with this vintage week than the SCCA Runoffs.

"The SVRA Open Wheel World Challenge," for June 8-11, 2017 at IMS planned for the week prior to the 2017 Brickyard Invitational.

Mike Wright

4. The following members LIKED this post:

kea

Senior Member Diamond Level Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 93

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I desperately want to run the Indianapolis Runoffs in my F1st. Is anyone else interested
    in petitioning the SCCA to make a slot for our group? I believe we can field 20 cars at least.
    I will put it together and present it if the F1st leaders don't want to do it. Our group is bigger then 20% of the National classes now.

Steve Dunlap
    Wasp Race Cars
    Steve,

Tried that earlier this year. Got no where.

PM me and I will send you the letter that I sent SCCA.

Maybe as a group we could come up with something.
    Scott

Liked: 174

Steve,

I applaud your desire to race at the Indy Runoff's, however we currently have so many
    classes participating at the Runoff's that we (FV's) only got 15 minutes of qualifying
    each day. Adding another group to the mix and reducing our track time isn't what
    most drivers want to see, and unless FST can become a National class which isn't what
    the founders of the class initially wanted, then the chance to participate via the route
    you want is slim. In addition, we have so many undersubscribed formula and tin-top
    classes at the Runoff's that I'm sure the SCCA management is hesitant to add another
    class, unless we can get rid of several classes with low numbers and that doesn't seem
    like it's going to happen? The next best option is to buy a FV and race it next year and
    attend the Runoff's by racing in that class.

Good luck with your endeavor!

Mark

Citation #66

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

I agree with Mark, buying or renting a FV for next year is your best bet. Mark's son has a great Citation for sale, just drop a motor in it and go. You have a better chance of racing your FST on Mars in 2017 then you do of getting added as a runoffs class.

Default 2017 Runoffs

I have a Formula Vee sitting in my trailer. I'll run it if I have to. We don't want to run with the Vees or take up any time from the Vee class . In fact we would fit in better with the
    Sports racer class. We will see.

Liked: 307

I have a Formula Vee sitting in my trailer. I'll run it if I have to. We don't want to run with the Vees or take up any time from the Vee class . In fact we would fit in better with the
    Sports racer class. We will see.
    Better crank up the Vee - the FST will not have a place at the Runoff's. Any additional class at the Runoff's takes away track time from ALL CLASSES. It wasn't just V's that were limited to 15 minute qualifying sessions - all classes were limited to 15 minute sessions.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Default 2017 runoffs

Looks like you are right. Too bad the 1st cars would put on o nice show. The vintage event
    is an option. Larry Campbell has that info.

Default Vintage Event Indy 2017

Here is the info for the vintage event at Indy next year.

I doubt they will let FST in, however, it does say "Any open wheel car" so you never know. I did run my FST in one of their events in the FF group and had a blast.

I would guess there will be at least 75 Vee's at this event.

http://www.svra.com/news/open-wheel-...e-at-ims-2017/
    Scott

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 30

You are not alone in your enthusiasm for the Runoffs at Indy next year. This is the first year that we have had this early of pre-season commitments to secure our FV Rentals so that drivers could run the Majors next year to make the Runoffs. Good, Bad or Ugly it definitely seems like a "bucket list" track for many, and some say that it would be years before the Runoffs ever happened there again. So while I don't know if I would call it once in a lifetime, I guess it could be.

Dave
    http://advantagemotorsports.com/racecar-rentals.html

Steve Dunlap
    Wasp Race Cars

Liked: 58

Default We checked, they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Formula Cars View Post
    Here is the info for the vintage event at Indy next year.

I doubt they will let FST in, however, it does say "Any open wheel car" so you never know.
    RGU has been in contact with the organizers. FST's can participate. Many of us are hoping to attend.

Doug FST 5

Yes, I also heard that FST will be accepted.

Awesome news!
    Scott

Default Renting my Wasp for the SVRA Challange

I am putting my Wasp up for rent for this event. Spent 16 years there got plenty of laps in .
    Time to let someone else drive Indy. Contact me at dunlaprace@att.net

Thread Information