Liked: 65

Default Pacific Coast Road Racing Championships

What other FF's are planning to do this race at Fontana Oct 29-30?

After being away from racing for a few years, I'll be back in FF for this event. I'm looking forward to meeting all of the west coast FF guys.

Liked: 341

Welcome back to FF. I ran the PRRC last year but will not be able to make it this year. It was a great event and the folks at CalClub were very helpful and friendly. The difficulty for most of us here in SoCal is that the very next weekend, we run with VARA at Willow Springs. There is a group called the Formula Ford Series and it is well attended. Given that it is the last round of the season, most do not want to risk a pranged up car the prior weekend.

I am sure there will be a few FFs at the PRRC. Ed Erlandson and Roger Kessinger were there last year. In addition, this year I do not see a single CSCC entry for FF at the Runoffs so perhaps there will be a bigger crowd at the PRRC. I spoke with both Ed and Roger last year and they were very friendly and clean to race with.

Wherever in SoCal, you choose to race your FF, I wish you the best.

Eric Little
    Last edited by Eric Little; 09.22.16 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Because I suck at spelling

Liked: 65

Thanks Eric. I'll be racing up north primarily, but will make it down to SoCal occasionally too. So I am sure we will cross paths at some point.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

I hope we do meet some day Brad. Always good to have new people to race with.

Eric

Okay, so the day for us to meet may end up being next weekend. I am very much considering running the PRRC. Given that I have only ever run the AR, I see that it is an allowed tire but so is the Hoosier R60A. Given that it does not specifiy that it is the GCR defined spec tire, I assume that I can run the Bias ply R60A and meet the rules of the Supp.

If that is the case, can anyone verify that the bias ply R60A for Formula F is:

20.0X 6.0-13 R60A Item # H43130R60A
    22.5X 7.2-13 R60A Item # H43307R60A

If that is the correct set, I need to order them Monday to have any chance of having tires for the event.

Thanks
    Eric Little

Thread Information