Liked: 247

Default AIM Mychron 3 RPM issues

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their AIM dash not reading the correct RPM's? Right now it doesn't seem to be very accurate and as I'm going down the straightaway I watch it jump 3-500 RPM up and down when the throttle is wide open. Just curious if there is a quick fix or how I reset the dash?

Thanks!
    Brian

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Default Do you have one of these?

Brian,

It's a common problem with the MyChron dashes...

Here's a potential solution:
    https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=5476

Steve

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 947

Quote Originally Posted by B Farnham View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their AIM dash not reading the correct RPM's? Right now it doesn't seem to be very accurate and as I'm going down the straightaway I watch it jump 3-500 RPM up and down when the throttle is wide open. Just curious if there is a quick fix or how I reset the dash?

Thanks!
    Brian
    Yes its a common problem. The coil signal is very "dirty". Contact Veracity Racing data, Dave and Ellen Ferguson after the Runons. They sell a speed pickup that reads a magnet on a split collar on the front pulley. Very stable RPM signal with both an EVO4 or a MXL Pista.

Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 59

I had the problem, bought the filter from Pegasus, problem solved.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

make sure your battery voltage does not drop below 9V (I think) or the filter will blow. I blew two of them.

I put a zener diode and a big capacitor on mine to ensure it stays powers up during cranking - or else switch the power off of it when cranking.

The replacement op-amp is like $1.80 but you need a good electronics tech with the right tools to solder it on.

Liked: 247

Thanks guys for all the advice, I've got it on order and it should be coming in today. Hopefully will get it on the car tomorrow and be all set for the runoffs

10. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Thread Information