Liked: 68

Default Open Invitation Oct 29 & 30 Auto Club Speedway

The following is a copy of the e-mail sent to Pacific F2000 regular competitors. Normally it is required to pay an annual fee to belong to the series in order to enter. That requirement is suspended only for this one event. This race weekend will be epic! If you have never raced with us before, this is your best chance. For any questions please e-mail pacificf2000@hotmail.com.

Racers, He are some details ahead of our last event of the 2016 season. Please forgive the length of this e-mail, but there is a lot to tell you about. We are pulling out all the stops, and offering extra money plus other incentives to make this the biggest and best Pacific F2000 event in years. First is the prize money. Each of the two races will pay as follows: 1000 to win 700 for second 500 for third 300 for fourth 200 for fifth and 100 for sixth. Each entry will include one banquet ticket (no refunds if you don't use it so don't ask) additional tickets are $50 each and will be available at the door to the banquet. Each entry received by midnight Oct. 1st 2016 will also receive one special limited edition Pacific F2000 shirt (not a crappy printed t-shirt); these are like a crew shirt, quite comfortable and very stylish. Remember cards are not processed until after the event, so if you are unsure go ahead and enter now. Last year about half of you registered with Cal-Club and it was a huge mess. Do NOT register through Cal Club. Simply go to WWW.PacificF2000.com there is a link on the right side of the page that will take you to the registration site. If there are three or more Pinto engine entries by Oct. 15 we will have separate trophies and prize money for the National class. If you have not raced with us this year there is no need to pay the annual fee; that is suspended for this event only. Garage spaces are $200 for each space. Please e-mail pacificf2000@hotmail.com or text (310) 363-4400 to reserve your spaces or make special garage requests. There will be filming during the weekend for a documentary and we would like to ask all of you to cooperate with the film crew (without compromising your racing efforts). As before, we would like to ask each driver to bring a brief written bio for the announcer. The annual awards banquet will be at the Ontario Doubletree Hotel at 222 N. Vineyard. If you missed last year's banquet you missed a ton of giveaways, spectacular trophies and a great party. This year will be bigger and better. More giveaways, better trophies and perhaps some special surprise guests. The business meeting will start at 6:00 P.M. and the banquet will begin at 7:00. There will be more surprises incentives and enhancements during the weekend that we cannot reveal now. Enter now to get your shirt! See you at the track.

Peter West

P.S. Undoubtedly something has been omitted....let me know your questions. PW

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 384

Is it for F2000 cars only or does this apply to any open wheel car that would run with Cal Club?
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

F2000 only Maris. To be clear. any SCCA FC legal car may compete.

To be even clearer, SCCA FC legal cars may enter. To be eligible for points and money, must abide by our tire rule. Pirelli DM compound radials, one set for the two qualifying sessions and two races. If National class (Pinto Engine) has a full field of three or more cars tires are open.

Liked: 341

While I am not a 2 liter driver, I wanted to put in a good word. Last year at the Pacific Road Race Championship, FF was grouped with Peter's series. Peter made sure that we knew what to expect even searching out our paddock to inform us of a change in the race duration. Peter also provided very nice trophies. It was a good group to run with. If I had a 2 liter, I would be there. If you have an FC, give it a shot, I think you will enjoy the group.

Good Luck with the event Peter!

Thank You
    Eric Little

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

I just checked and there are 12 cars signed up.

I'm currently the only Pinto signed up and we need more !!!!

It will be good racing

I am with you Paul! Target is to get 20 cars total. With three Pintos we would have a class for those cars as well. with separate prize money and trophies. The racing is going to be epic, and there are lots of special added features for this event. C'mon, where my Pintos at?

EG

UPDATE:

Here is the situation as of 10/14. We have 15 entered on motorsportsreg.com. Another two are confirmed, but not yet signed up. Yet another two drivers need to be paired up with cars and teams (should be all done with that by Monday the 17th). We only have one Pinto entered. As stated before, I will put up a separate prize fund ($500 to win, $300 for second and $200 for third) as well as separate trophies for the Pinto class. provided we have three in the class. C'mon guys, there have to be two Pinto guys out there ready to do one of the best events of their lives. When you see the pictures and read the race reports you will be kicking yourself if you did not do this event.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Oops! I forgot to mention that those payouts are for each of the two races. If you win both days, that's $1000!

Thread Information