Liked: 127

Default NARRC Runoffs at Lime Rock 8/26-27

Due to some changes in plans, I just registered for the NARRC Runoffs at Lime Rock on 8/26-27.

As we know, this is one of the RCFFS "Flash Mob" events, and I heard several drivers talking at PittRace about heading up to our slice of heaven in the Northeast.

We've got 7 FF/CF cars entered so far, who else is going to join the fun? We are Group 2, with the non-winged formula cars (FF/CF/F5/FV/FST)

Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Eight now

There are 8 now FF/CF (assume it will go to 9 as if Dexter is entered Ryan will most likely also).

Lets hope I don't end up in Baton Rouge stomping around in the mud and missing the race.

Ed

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

And Joe Marcinski has AGAIN promised his Royale is ready to race and he expects to be here, and one additional mystery guest so we appear on track for 10.

Liked: 142

it's been a while since i did a club race, what's the website to enter?
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Motorsportreg.com, search NARRC
    aaron

Liked: 142

what the hell. i entered.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 29

Default Links on RCFFS Site

You can find the links for registration and more at: http://www.rcffs.org/schedule.html

Liked: 54

Default Rand Sits on NARRC Pole!

Sharon, Conn.
    Mike Rand bested a field of 12 CF/FF, along with F500 and FV to take the overall pole for the NARRC Run Offs at Lime Rock Park in his Honda powered Crossle, sporting his new "No Trolls, Drinks at Joe's" stickers.

When asked about his fast pace as he hobbled from his car, Mike responded "back in the 1980's Car & Driver magazine had a contest on who could find the shortest distance around Lime Rock by counting squares laid over the track in a grid like pattern. From that I learned an unconventional line that kicks butt!".

When challenged about using titanium parts in car, he stated, "there's nothing in the rules about the driver having titanium parts!", referring to his knee replacements.

He also indicated his fast lap was inspired by Rico Abru, as Mike put it "up against the cushion" through Big Bend and the Downhill.

In honor of his "Pole" award, Joe Marcinski presented Mike with a PRDA sticker, making him an honorary "Polish Racing Drivers of America" member.

The NARRC Run Offs will conclude today.

10. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 157

Default Mike was good all weekend

Mike ran away with CF. Nice work all weekend for Mike.

It was hot even at 10:30AM when we rolled to grid. Not many mistakes that I saw and the 32 laps went down without drama except for two waved off starts.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

I guess at least one wave off was down to me and Glenn Taylor, who wound up outside front row when John Annuziatas fast F5 had start/run issues on the grid at the 1 minutes signal, [p John started last and won F5 regardless, good drive John ] and as Glenn and I tend to do were messing with each other I think, well, know, we decided we'd go racing with or without the waving of the green, good call on the Pete starters part.
    The second wave off apparently was maybe a different F5 stopped temporarily at the uphill but got it going so third time the charm.
    Steve is absolutely right a HOT day even at 10:30 and 32 green laps was a bit of a surprise but everyone played nice.
    Kind of looked for a brief FCY about 20 laps in to catch breath but it never came......
    And Dexter Czuba has a very fast Spectrum under him, the aero comparison between and 1975 Crossle and a 2015 Spectrum, well, suffice to say they really are in different classes !
    That said the old trustworthy 30F really didn't embarrass itself when the road turns and just was perfect in qualifying. And the race for that matter, I adore this car even after 16 seasons abusing it.....it just never lets me and my utter lack of attention or preparation down.

14. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 14

Thanks for the restarts! It allowed me to catchup to the back of the field. I stalled again on the pace lap at the top of the up hill and pulled to the side. My car restarted after a couple of attempts. I made it back to 3rd overall so only lost one place

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default 32 laps

When I saw 32 laps in the sups I went wow, that will be a long race. But when the checkered came out I said to myself "all ready?". Good clean racing, side by side through corners but never an issue.

Ed

18. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information