Liked: 159

Default Gratten Majors results

Nicho Vardis took his JDR F1000 to the overall win both days at the Grattan Majors this past weekend.....settting a new lap record in the process.
    Since he doesn't to on here of facebook with his results, I thought I would blow his horn a bit.
    Saturday he had 6 heat cycle 35s on.....turning laps in the 1:14s.....enough to beat the FA and P1 cars there (including Brian Novak and Jim Davenport).....but a bit off the lap record.
    Sunday he started on pole and won with a 19 second margin......even after spinning his was back to 17th early on .(Were you trying to copy Loshack's win from the back routine Ncho?)
    In the process he lowered the lap record by over a half second (1:13.0)!
    He and Tyler Thielman had battled each other for wins and lap records everywhere last year......each within a tenth or so of each other.....so he had turned laps at the lap record pace....but this was a big jump in speed. When I ask him how he accounted for the added speed, he said "I put some new tires on it"!

He brought some attention to himself when he set the lap record at Mid Ohio back in July (again on old tires). Then, he and Alex Mayer battled each other for the win at Mid Ohio in early August.....with each turning lap record times. Alex was faster on Saturday....Nicho faster on Sunday.....but Alex took first both days with Nicho 2nd. if Saturdays qualifying race counts for lap records then Alex has the new lap record at a 1:21.2and change.
    If it doesn't, then Nicho took the lap record on Sunday.....again 1:21.2 and change.

Now we have all figured out that Alex Mayer is damn fast, so Nicho can be proud of being able to run with him.

Either way, the bar for pole at the runoffs is now quite a bit higher. I fully expect to see laps in the mid 1:20s and maybe the high 1:19s.

I will take some credit for designing and building the boys a very good car....but they are both pretty damned good.

Jerry Hodges

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information