Liked: 53

Default Has anyone looked into this to track their trailer?

G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Liked: 30

Default TrackR

I bought three with much the same thought in mind but I don't thing they have a big enough user base for the tracking function to be any use, yet.

I gave one to my wife to see if I could track her location. Despite being in a fixed location for several hours the tracker was never located.

Has potential, I think, but not three yet.

Ian
    SoCal
    Last edited by ianashdown; 08.14.16 at 9:01 PM.

Liked: 29

It seems, from the promo, using your smart phone you can find anything that you have one of these attached to whatever. 100 feet radius.......BUT if there is another unit close by, you can access it.....they claim over a million sold.

Id try one for the tariff....( $20 + -) ...but I don't use/have a smart fone.
    Be interesting for someone to try it and report back. Here is more info.........>>>>

https://www.thetrackr.com/bravo

Contributing Member
    Liked: 11

Default trackr. not

Bought three hoping to keep track of race car and trailer but doesnt seem to have a good enough network yet.

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

I stopped by their office and they gave me a free one...
    Only really works within reach of your phone.

The GPS feature relies on others that can optionally disable the feature - and I think most people do...

It's worthless of equipment....

Liked: 63

Default GeoSky Tracker

Call Ron at Geo Sky. They their coverage's includes US, Canada and Mexico.
    Peter Brock is including them in all of his trailers. They also have inputs so you can put a switch on the door and if it is opened you will be notified on your cell.
    He also is a sponsor and vintage racer in VARA.
    www.geoskyalert.com.

I frankly dont understand why eveyone does not have one on their trailers

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Don't have a smart phone and have really good locks.

To get my trailer from my driveway they would need to bring a cutting torch or a Sawzall with lots of extra batteries. And that would make a lot of noise.

MY bedroom window it about 100' from my trailer.

Liked: 3

Grab a Spot Trace from West Marine. I've used it on my boat for the last 9 months and it's been great. They are typically $49 on sale, and I think another $99/yr for the subscription. It goes off every time the boat is moved after sitting for an hour and runs off a couple AAA batteries. I'm at 9 months and have yet to replace the batteries...

Liked: 830

The most economical one I've seen is Sleeper Cell. It has NO monthly fees and basically costs you nothing after initial purchase unless your item is stolen. The initial outlay is higher than the ones referenced above, but not that much higher and in the long run is WAY WAY cheaper. Donnie Isley (FV driver) sells them. Somewhere in the ~$300 plus range I think - depending on the options you choose.
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

11. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 7

Default What works

Hi Guys,

As a Vintage racer, and someone who is in the industry I can tell you right now that the features of a GPS tracking system that make it effective is how quickly you are notified, and the resolution.

If you have a passive system like LoJack or Sleeper Cell, by the time you have found out your trailer, truck etc have been stolen it's too late. Time is a critical, you have about an hour to recover your vehicle we call it the magic hour, after that you will be looking for parts and pieces...

The other aspect is resolution, updates to these systems use data and so they cost money to operate, the higher the resolution, the more often they update the more expensive they can be. We update every 30 seconds or every time your vehicle turns 3 degrees so you have a VERY accurate map of where your vehicle is and where it is going.

Include two additional inputs that provide direct notification to via text or email, battery voltage monitoring (with an internal backup battery on the unit) and a system that automatically sets a Geo Zone or electronic fence around the outside of your vehicle which notifies you if your vehicle is moved...You have a formidable system to protect your vehicle, trailer motorcycle or tow vehicle. (and it works internationally).

That is why GeoSky Alert costs what it costs...because it's worth it.

Yes, there are cheaper solutions, and you get what you pay for, with such a large investment, in time, tools, cars and more how can you not do this, and do it well.

I can tell you, with our system you will get a discount from your insurance carrier as well, and we have a 99.99% recovery rate.

need more info, contact me,

Thanks,

Ron
    ron@geoskygps.com
    www.geoskyalert.com
    760-576-3003 x 703
    Last edited by Ron C; 09.25.17 at 5:10 PM.

Default Holidays are coming up

Hi racers,

with the holidays coming up it is the perfect time to get your loved one just the right gift. GeoSky Alert is that perfect stocking stuffer! With a discount for all ApexSpeed members how can you go wrong. An ounce of prevention...

Contact me today for this great holiday gift idea!

Ron C
    www.geoskyalert.com
    760-576-3003 x 703
    Ron@geoskygps.com

Liked: 8

Default trailer tracking

I am a TIGHT WAD. My wife ( spelled "team principal") loves the piece of mind of Geo Sky. She can dial up the location of our trailer on her phone any time, anywhere. With all of the trailer thefts we are reading about I think it was worth the investment. EVT
    Fast Eddie

Liked: 942

Quote Originally Posted by EVT View Post
    I am a TIGHT WAD. My wife ( spelled "team principal") loves the piece of mind of Geo Sky. She can dial up the location of our trailer on her phone any time, anywhere. With all of the trailer thefts we are reading about I think it was worth the investment. EVT
    I have a Geosky installed in my trailer. It works exactly as advertised and worth every penny. My neighbor lost his truck and work trailer last year parked in front of his home - never seen again. He lost $30K in construction tools and materials.

My car, trailer tools and spares are insured with Hagerty too.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 235

If you have a passive system like LoJack or Sleeper Cell, by the time you have found out your trailer, truck etc have been stolen it's too late.
    I purchased a Sleeper Cell system this summer. The version I bought is not passive. Uses GPS and cell phone to notify you if a door has been opened or if the trailer has been moved. Takes about 20 to 30 seconds after one of those actions for you to receive a text message. Then the GPS sends a signal to you every minute if you choose that period.

Also has an alarm which you can use or turn off. My preference is to use it.

Donnie goes out of his way to help you set up your system.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Jim,

I stand corrected on Sleeper Cell the first things that I read about them did not indicate that they provided immediate response for a trigger of their system rather just passive tracking. That said they are 2X as much as our solution with a similar feature set. I cannot find or see how good their resolution is on their tracking, but your happy with them and that is good.

GeoSky Alert is proud to provide you with the best solution in the marketplace and several members above have stated that they use our product and how effective it is. We want you all to have peace of mind, GeoSky Alert provides that....

From racers to racers, we understand what you need and how best to protect it for you!

Ron

Thread Information