Liked: 49

Default NARRC Runoffs @ Lime Rock

Anyone going to the NARCC runoffs at Lime Rock on Aug 26& 27? Prob going but love to have a few cars to run against
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
    Hunter S Thompson

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

If you check the motorsport reg site for the NARRC Runoffs today there are 5 entered so far with a known 2-3 further expected.
    Entered are, alphabetically, Callo, MacNichol, Rand, Roux, Venturino with Joe Marcinski and Chip Van Slyke expected as well as hopefully Doug Fisher and maybe another one or two...so come on out, run your car Aug 26-27 at the 2016 edition of the NARRC Runoffs......

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

FB Mike...
    aaron

Aaron,
    FB ?
    If you are referring to Tracys obsession facebook I do not , never have, prolly never will.....Facebook that is !

Liked: 229

FB
    tube frame chassis from FF/FC Formula car with 1 liter motorcycle engine, wings and paddle shifter

Actually no. We are referring to how many FB (F1000) cars will be there. So far it may only be me. Trying to drum up some competition.
    Doug
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
    Hunter S Thompson

Liked: 126

Doug,
    If the FVee's and FF's are included in your run group, I wouldn't bother going. If the group is really wings and things, then you can try to keep up with the slower Atlantics and P-cars. IMHO, regardless of what other people have written, the key to fast lap times there is the Uphill. Good luck.

Default Track record

Rob,
    Someone's got to take that track record from you...I haven't been there for a few years but you never know.
    Hunter S Thompson

It appears no one has actually looked at the Supps ?
    Group2 is small formula, FF/CF/FV/F5/FST, while group 6 is big and fast open wheelers and sports racers [prototypes].
    As the post was in FB events , which I totally missed, was it cocktail hour already? I just barked away inappropriately and stupidly, I apologize.
    Yes Aaron, I am well aware of what FB is, they WERE F2 size cars back when there was F2 literally one step from F1 over "there" with wheel/tire/wing sizes identical between the FB and F2 chassis and 1,600 cc initially mostly Lotus Ford Twincam initially on twin webers, latterly Lucas Injection, superceded by Cosworth BDA/BDD in mid 1970's.
    I know, I ran the class for 5 or 6 seasons in the 1970's.
    No 1,000 motorcycle motors then, but in reclaiming the class designation, SCCA for their own reasons, neglected the commonly used F1000 and plugged these into their new order in FB.
    Now there is the nice alphabetically correct FA, FB, FC, [ hey, where is FD ?] FE, FF, then it goes off the rails with FV and F5 and F6 etc etc etc and regionally there are FS and CF and CFC and and and.....enough.
    Last edited by Michael Rand; 08.15.16 at 5:14 PM. Reason: cause it needed editing....

11. The following members LIKED this post:

No Mike... I didn't read the supps since I'll be in New Mexico by then!

Good luck Doug with track record. Hope you do it. My car in 2009 was the just built Citation with stock ECU on 06 Yamaha R1 with FC rims, only 48" wide floors, homemade diffuser, and the 15/46 gearing resulted in bumping redline all the way down the front straight and 6th gear before West Bend looking for a 7th on the downhill! The qualifying the day before was in the wet, first time in that car on rains. So I never got the gearing right. What I learned that track record day was how to take the Uphill. No braking at all... just a quick lift then plant down when turning and made sure the car was straight before hitting the crest. Be careful there, because it can easily put you into the inside wall after the Uphill. And it was Mike R who helped me with that turn that weekend. Thanks Mike.

So good luck! I think upper 48's are do-able in the right environment. But it's still a momentum track, which was proved again in my underpowered Yamaha R1.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    It appears no one has actually looked at the Supps ?
    Group2 is small formula, FF/CF/FV/F5/FST, while group 6 is big and fast open wheelers and sports racers [prototypes].
    As the post was in FB events , which I totally missed, was it cocktail hour already? I just barked away inappropriately and stupidly, I apologize.
    Yes Aaron, I am well aware of what FB is, they WERE F2 size cars back when there was F2 literally one step from F1 over "there" with wheel/tire/wing sizes identical between the FB and F2 chassis and 1,600 cc initially mostly Lotus Ford Twincam initially on twin webers, latterly Lucas Injection, superceded by Cosworth BDA/BDD in mid 1970's.
    I know, I ran the class for 5 or 6 seasons in the 1970's.
    No 1,000 motorcycle motors then, but in reclaiming the class designation, SCCA for their own reasons, neglected the commonly used F1000 and plugged these into their new order in FB.
    Now there is the nice alphabetically correct FA, FB, FC, [ hey, where is FD ?] FE, FF, then it goes off the rails with FV and F5 and F6 etc etc etc and regionally there are FS and CF and CFC and and and.....enough.
    I know you know, I wasn't the one trying to school you on the FB class... I'm entered, FC of course, along with fellow F2000 alumnus Monteleone and the Tollefsens; it will be good to see you again and to formally meet your clearly better-half.

Gotta go beat the bushes, drum, whatever over on the FC forum...
    aaron

Aaron, I can't believe Hilton Tallman has yet to enter after his spring ranting about FC turnouts, bark at him !

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Some of us FC types are at NJMP....4.3 hrs. of single run group track time...just saying .

Why aren't you, Aaron?
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Building excitement leading up to a triumphant F2000 return in 2017!

aaron

Liked: 159

Default F1000 vs atlantic speeds

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Doug,
    If the FVee's and FF's are included in your run group, I wouldn't bother going. If the group is really wings and things, then you can try to keep up with the slower Atlantics and P-cars. IMHO, regardless of what other people have written, the key to fast lap times there is the Uphill. Good luck.
    Hey Rob.......Doug could end up being faster than the FA and P1 cars that show up. Alex Myer, Nicho Vardis, and Tyler Thielman have consistently finished 1st overall in their JDR F1000 cars.....in front of pretty quick FA and P1 cars. Nicho just won Sunday at Grattan by 19 seconds.....even after spinning back to 17th early on. He started on the pole as well. He did lower the track record by over a half second in the process. It was a record he and Thielman had lowered considerably last year.....battling each other for the overall win...always within tenths of each other. I ask him how the found the extra half second. he said "I finally put on some new tires!". That record was 1:13.0 if anyone knows Grattan.

Jerry Hodges

1x FB entered today
    aaron

Liked: 6

Default Group Status as of Tuesday, 8/23

There are currently 13 cars in Group 2 and I know of 1-2 more that haven't yet registered but plan to attend.

FB is group 6
    Hunter S Thompson

G6 has 15x entered, as of now... looks like FE is dead in the Northeast? There's been some class defectors to SRF3
    aaron

So how did LRP go?

Beautiful days. But your record is still intact.. Only 2 FBs. Hot and the track was a bit oily.
    Hunter S Thompson

Thread Information