Liked: 8

Default What do you use to mount your gp smart cam

I have a mount that came withit, nice mount but i wanted to try a rollbar mount at a different angle and was looking for suggestions.

Thank you
    Anthony Carbone Jr.
    SCCA SRF Gen3 #16
    05 Porsche 997

Liked: 948

I'm using a Ram mount on the roll bar with my SmartyCam. Lots of options and flexibility.

http://www.rammount.com/device/camera-mounts
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Contributing Member
    Liked: 303

Default Bicycle mount

My car has small dia forward braces and I used a bicycle mount on them. Had to modify it a little by replacing the thumb screws with regular screws for clearance. Puts the camera right about my eye level. I just don't like the look of the camera on top of the roll hoop.

Liked: 15

Ram mounts are very good if not a little pricey. Here are a couple less expensive DIY ways.

Method 1 http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/CameraMount.html

Method 2 Buy a conduit hangar from Lowes, Home Depot, etc. (1.19) and mount your camera directly to it. If you need more flexibility add the tripod mount from method 1.

With any mount be sure to tether the camera to the car. Any of these mounts can break.

Liked: 285

Default We use Replay camera mounts

We re-purpose the very nice Replay roll bar mounts. We remove the rubber padding to make a nice fit to the SmartyCAM HD cameras. That setup costs $79

Feel free to contact Veracity Racing Data for info
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

I also have learned that the replay mounts are give or take the best. I 3d printed a shim to give a flat mounting surface on top of the PFM roll hoop cover.

For roll bar mounting you can use the AIM tripod collar ($32) and your favorite rollbar mount. Or one of the replay's, which are pretty nice.

Liked: 444

I know you're looking for a rollbar mount... but here's another option.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68327

Liked: 8

thanks for the replies, i have a replay roll bar mount but i need something to hold the smarty cam.
    Anthony Carbone Jr.
    SCCA SRF Gen3 #16
    05 Porsche 997

Thread Information