Liked: 41

Default Silverbullet body for citation?

Does anyone have pictures of a silver bullet body on a citation ? Looking for pictures of one done and any feedback on the change over . I'm currently running a falcon body and trying to figure out options.
    Thank jeff

Liked: 834

Jeff,
    Go to http://www.FVSilverBullet.com.
    There are 2 or 3 pictures of Citation SB bodywork there. Allan Adderley (owner of Silver Bullet) also HAS one and raced it all last year. Call him and he should be able to answer pretty much any question you can ask.
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Thanks I have been to there site only picture I see is the xtc-41

Liked: 174

Jeff,

I've looked at the bodywork and while it's nice looking, I believe you may have to
    remove the steering rockers to make the best use of the bodywork (aero wise). I'm
    sure Allan can expand on this for you!

Good luck!

Mark

88' Citation 002'

Liked: 301

The XTC body will be the same for a Citation.
    Here is a photo I found 2 years ago of a Citation (pre-painting).
    I believe Mark is right... bell-crank steering is replaced for Silver Bullet bodywork (unless you want to make a lot of mods).
    Positioning of those tie-rods makes me think this is a Laser-type set-up, with the steering gear upside-down between your knees.
    Glenn

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thanks that is what I was trying to figure what it truly looked like as well as any cost of modification s need as well. So I'm not sure it is truly worth it .
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeffa711 View Post
    Thanks that is what I was trying to figure what it truly looked like as well as any cost of modification s need as well. So I'm not sure it is truly worth it .
    Jeff
    Jeff,

It looks like you have to move the box to an upright position based on the tie-rod
    position in the photo. The Caracal D and other cars have done this so it's nothing
    new, but would take some work to make it work, plus I assume you would need
    new tie-rods plus new mounting points on the spindle?

Mark

Liked: 7

Over this offseason I bought a Silver Bullet body for my FST and Allan sent me information about the modifications needed to make it fit my car. Basically, you can get away with just cutting some "slits" in the bodywork to give the steering mechanisms room to operate. It doesn't affect the aero on the car significantly at all.

As an aside, I can't fit in the car if I move the battery and fire bottle inboard, so I am looking to sell my body. It is brand new (still bubble wrapped as Allan sent it) and, if you're interested, I'm willing to give a really good deal as my garage is about out of room.

Feel free to PM me with additional questions about the body or the minor mods needed. Good luck!

Matt Gordon
    sqlatspeed.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

The chases of improving the aero from the base Citation are very remote.

Chances of developing a new location for the steering system that is as efficient as the old one are also remote.

Brian

Liked: 247

The front half of your car looks like it's the updated Citation nose, center section and side pods. I'd stick with that and update your tail, I believe that the tail you have on your car is of an earlier design and didn't fair as well in the wind tunnel. Attached a link to the Campbell website with pics link

Honestly you might want to upgrade the tail and head scoops but the real gains you will find is putting your money into a top engine, carb and exhaust as well as your shocks. I'd worry about the body stuff after you've got everything else working in top form.

Thanks it is a falcon body on the car now. This is what I have been tossing around . New body may save 10 or 15lbs. updating rear section save a bit of money and update intake. Current motor is and was freshened this Winter at autowerks Dave Carr. Last I heard Larry really did seem to want to do bodies anymore. Heard that from another driver so it's hear say. I will post a picture of the tail and scopes I would like to find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1470159887308.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	62810  

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 247

I think that is Larry Campbells old car, that's the only car I've seen with those scoops. The tail itself is an SR or Brewer tail. I've got one but it's been cut up pretty good as it was on a zink.

Jeff,

They're a lot of Citations up in your area and maybe someone has a spare they can sell you? I would also check with Steve Pastore who may have the bodywork?

Mark

Liked: 88

Default Citation Body Work

That is my old car. Bernie Schotz bought it from me, and then Tyler and his father bought it from Bernie. From what I have seen, it is still a great looking car, that is doing well.

If you want the look of Tyler's car, all you need to do is change to a Brewer tail and re work your head cooling. With the new tail you will have 99% of the look of Tyler's car.

If you want to change any of the other body parts it needs to be a "labor of love" as there will not be a measurable gain. If the goal is to go faster, spend that money on seat time and making sure your tires are good and all your mechanical components first rate.

Larry Campbell
    Campbell Motorsport

thanks Larry
    I love tylers car The fit and finish is amazing and all the little details are incredible its the nicest Citation I've seen .

Liked: 304

"As an aside, I can't fit in the car if I move the battery and fire bottle inboard..."

Matt, there is room on the back side of the firewall for the fire bottle and a small battery. I moved both in my Citation. Since you have a FST, maybe you are already using all that space for a dry sump tank...

Thread Information