Thread: Pi C Dash issue

Liked: 9

Default Pi C Dash issue

Dear All,
    We are having an issue with the dash. When the engine is not on but power is on, the rev light will go from low to high and recycle; the small red and amber lights on either side will blink and the green center will circle but no numbers will appear. It doesn't seem to want to permit me to get out of this mode. Using the "set up" procedures and all that is in the manual has been to no avail. How do I get it back to the norm which was, turn on the master and oil pressure, temp and rpm showed up? Any help would be appreciated as we are to be at NJMP at.... Ummm.... Now.
    Thanks.
    Zambo

Liked: 2

Default Pi C Dash issue

Look at the voltage going to the Pi C-Dash. It should be above 9 Volts for it to work properly.

Default Pi C voltage

Voltage is good. Measure 12v. It is as if it's stuck in a demo mode or something.
    Z

Liked: 29

i have a couple pi dash units since i replaced all with AIM, will bring them with me to NJMP to see if one of them works for you

Liked: 229

Check and inspect your connections. Make sure pins are seated in connectors, visually that none are at different heights.
    Then look for any damaged wires.
    What logger are you using?

Keith,
    You, sir, are the man! Thanks!
    We will see you there.
    Z

Pi guy,

No logging. Just the dash. We checked all pins and the receptacles. The unit lights but, there is no info.

Z

Liked: 229

Quote Originally Posted by Zambo View Post
    Pi guy,

No logging. Just the dash. We checked all pins and the receptacles. The unit lights but, there is no info.

Z
    Not off the top familiar with that setup.
    From experience with F2000 guys if you change a ECU and it was set for AIM or motec output you get garbage on dash.

So good luck

Thread Information