Liked: 10

Default Track Bars/Push Rods/Trailing Arms/Leading Arms

I was wondering if anyone here could help me out. I am rebuilding a formula vee chassis and I need some suspension components. Where do people usually get their threaded rods with heim joint ends for their pushrods, trailing arms, etc.? I will be needing a few for trailing arms and pushrods for my zero roll setup.
    Last edited by bcvinar; 07.15.16 at 2:12 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 471

Assuming you're looking for the actual rod ends and not the components necessary to fabricate a pushrod:

McMaster-Carr

Aircraft Spruce

Those are two sources I've used.

And of course, Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

And if it is things like the threaded tube ends that you use to fabricate a pushrod, etc. ...

...Pegasus also has those

Hope this helps.

Liked: 303

bcvinar,

there are quite a few FV suppliers that may have what you need and can recommend the correct components.

One is Quixote Racing - Dietmar Bauerle

I know he keeps rod ends of high quality and reasonable price.

You can call him anytime, at least within his normal working hours. On the west coast so 3 hours behind us. UPS flat rate means shipping is cheap.

http://www.quixoteracing.com/

619-561-7774

Thanks guys. The item I was looking for was the swedged tube or tie rod tubing. I knew about the actual heim joints, but was more concerned about the actual arms. I had heard of McMaster Carr but found it rather difficult to navigate. There was also Speedway Motors which I had found some in 3/4" and 5/8" thread and of various lengths.

"The item I was looking for was the swedged tube or tie rod tubing"

Keep in mind that you do not have to use swedged tubing. Straight tubing will work just fine and you can get tube ends to weld in with the thread you need, left and right.

I did not think of that BLS. I appreciate the pointer!

I used CM tubing. Easy for me as Stock Car steel is 20 minutes from my house and they have the best prices for steel tubing I have found. They ship, so no problem.

http://www.stockcarsteel.com/

Liked: 299

For push rods/rear suspension and tie rods/front steering I have been making them from solid 6061 aluminum rod and drill the ends and tape them out for either left or right threads to attach to the rod ends. $25 for tie rods and $30 for push rods made to your specs as far as length and rod end size. Tie rods are 5/8" OD and push rods are 3/4" OD but I can pretty much do what you want by obtaining whatever size material you need.

Ed

Thread Information