Liked: 8

SOLD - 2001 Red Devil F500 currently set up for F-Mod. Car is extremely competitive. Won the local region's Modified/Prepared championship in 2014 and 2015. Currently leading season points. Finished 15th at 2014 Nationals with 60+ year old driver.

Car has a 494 that pulls very well. Polaris P85 primary and Arctic Cat secondary clutches were freshened up this past winter.

Since I've owed the car -

Removed fire system - I have it
    Removed rear body work and diffuser - I have everything
    Removed one fuel cell - I have it
    Converted to chain drive
    Added electric cooling fans
    Added electric water pump for grid cooling between runs
    Added electric fuel pump for priming
    Added custom steering arms produced by Jeff Colegrove
    Many spares and tools included:

3 sets of Kodiak wheels
    1 set of custom Jeff Colegrove wheels
    1 new set of sticker Hoosiers (bought last month, mounted but not put on car)
    Mounted Hoosier rains
    spare Aaen pipe
    spare motor (partially disassembled)
    Quick jack
    Clutch tools
    Carb tools
    Carb and clutch books
    Rotax manuals
    nice selection of jets and clutch tuning components
    spare starters
    spare carbs
    brake components
    Car was most recently raced by Sean McDonald in New England and then in Oregon. It was purchased from Sean in 2013 by a guy who did one track day event. He had the car painted and altered to accommodate a big/tall driver. I'm 6'4" and fit very comfortably in the car. If your a tall guy and want to run a formula car, this is the car for you. Car converted to solo in late 2013.

Car weighs approximately 610 lbs. without driver.

From Sean's posting -

This is a great road racing car that is competitive in both regional and national race events, depending on the driver, of course. Car has won several Oregon Region SCCA regional and national races. Ran strong at New Hampshire Motor Speedway once when I lived back there for a short time (had a good time with Captain Eddie).

This car was owned by Rock Irving prior to my buying it. His driver Bob Geisen finished 4th at the Runoffs in this car 2005 I believe (the year before I bought it).

Has a new 494 non-rave motor with only a couple hours of track time on it. Very strong motor, not over bored. Polaris primary from Quadrini could use freshening up but has the Thundershift weights which made a huge difference in performance. Secondary is fresh (only two track days on it) Arctic Cat also from Q. Other features include:

Aero Suspension Arms on front with stock Arms as spares
    AIM Mychron 3 Data Logger
    Good Fuel Cells, always dry stored in winter
    Two sets of wheels with old slicks mounted
    One set mounted Rains in good condition (plenty of life left)
    New paint, metallic orange
    Fiberglass body in good condition throughout
    Pit tires for easy loading/unloading
    Newer Aean Pipe
    Twin radiators with air intakes

Sean posted a lot of photos of the car on flickr at this address:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/93392931@N05/

Our local sites are disappearing so, at 62 years old, I'm looking to explore other automotive interests. The car is available for $5,900. You will not go faster, be more competitive for less.

Car is located in Rochester, NY. You can contact me directly at stevekh@rochester.rr.com

SOLD - Thanks ApexSpeed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stevekh44; 08.19.16 at 7:30 AM. Reason: Sold

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information