Liked: 126

Default Dallara F399 Info

I bought George Frazier's USF3 F399 car... the one he used only in the first part of 2000 in the USF3 series... still trying to figure out a bunch of stuff:

- Is gearchange like the LD200? MK5 gears seem to be different in 2nd gears vs 3rd - 5th.

- I found the Owners Manual online, but is there a Parts Manual? I found a parts manual online for an older Dallara, and it's full of good info.

- My car is missing the head surround (surprisingly, the head surround on the RFR FC I have looks like it can easily be made to work!). Where do you find these head/helmet surrounds?

- My car is also missing the air diverters (or something like that!) in front of the sidepod inlets. Where do I get those?

- Which Brembo calipers are on it? (these are original). From there, I can figure out which pressure seals are needed and which brake pads I want.

- Somehow, I ended up with three spare rear wheels and only one spare front wheel. Spare set looks like Mag Speedlines. I suppose most of what I'm looking for can be found in Europe.

Anyway, I'm about done with all the chores around the new house and am ready to get myself and the new toy back on the track. Thanks in advance for any assistance and/or direction!
    Last edited by RobLav; 06.14.16 at 7:52 PM.

Liked: 97

I may have a set of those air diverters.Since I moved I have no idea where thay might be, however. I will look for them.
    Skip Weld

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

rob - is that the orange and black car from so-cal?

Liked: 126

Thanks for checking for those air diverters Skip.

Rick, this car is now silver and black. Used to be red, white, and blue back in 2000, which is the last time it ran. It came from Louisville, KY.

Liked: 384

Head surrounds at racecarwarehouse,com(bit of a prick but has lots of Dallara parts ,calls himself mister Dallara.)
    or racecarsdirect .co,
    also all brembo parts on it used and new.
    Most guys run Ferrodo brake pads in club racing.
    Europeans web sites are loaded with f399-301 parts .
    There are shops making brand new carbon pieces for those cars.
    Over all there are over 200 chassis produced in 3 year generation life.
    runs on F4 Bosch plugs 0.30 gap.
    Some where t2 Pectel ECU's some Berils own.
    Cast block second gen mk 2 Jetta /Bug. VW
    Head i think golf second gen.
    Gearbox contents MK 9 Hewland.Only case is Dallara build.
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Thread Information