Liked: 259

Default FV basic exhaust flange dimensions ???

can anyone help with the FV basic exhaust flange dimensions ??
    - flange-to-flange on the left bank
    - flange-to-flange on the right bank
    - center line of the left bank to the center line of the right bank
    - fore/aft offset between forward flange face on left to forward flange face on right

thanks!!

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net
    Last edited by Art Smith; 03.07.17 at 2:29 AM.

Liked: 58

Default Flange

If I am reading the question correctly, the A and B (1st and 2nd question)measurement would be the same at 10.960 (+/-.003)
    The other two would require an engine on the stand, which I do not have at present. Sorry I could not be of more help

Dietmar
    www.quixoteracing.com

Default Flange

Art:

Not sure how EXACT you want to be, but as an afterthought, the "C" dimension can also be different from one engine to another by at least 0.100" or more depending on how much the case is decked, the cylinders cut, and the barrels cut to achieve correct deck height.

Just wanted to throw that in.

Dietmar
    www.quixoteracing.com

Dietmar-

THANKS for the dimensions AND the head's up on dimension "C". given your experience, what's the range you've seen in dimension "C"; max and min? variable "C" could be a challenge; haven't had to include "field configurable" geometry before in any of my exhaust puzzles.

the weatherman (aka: person) is forecasting temperatures above 110° F here so I'm stocking up on geometry puzzles. when it's that warm it makes sense to stay inside; the shop isn't air conditioned (4130 doesn't like all the moisture in the air from swamp coolers) !!

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Default Flange

Art:
    Sorry, but I have never had to measure the "C " dimension in your drawing. With individual pipes, I'm not quite sure why this dimension is critical.

And, as previously stated, without an engine on the bench , I would not even venture to guess. If you still need these numbers, it will be a week or even two before I get another engine to where I could measure. Be happy to do it at that time unless someone else can come up with a number in the mean time.

Dietmar
    www.quixoteracing.com

Dietmar-

that would be great! 4:1 collectors is at least one reason why "C" would be handy.

thanks again!

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Thread Information