Liked: 3279

Default Club Racing Radios (CRR) - GREAT service

I bought a very nice digital radio setup from CRR in the spring of 2014. The owner, Mark, was extremely helpful in getting me the best setup possible, and the cost was quite low, at least as good as any other supplier I had researched. Then, when I asked him to make a spare antenna cable, he did it at no charge.

Last week, the original antenna cable fatigued at the BNC connector to the radio, so, today, I called CRR to ask what could be done to repair it. Since it was longer than needed, Mark said I could cut the remaining part to the correct length and send it to him. He will crimp on a new BNC, and ship it back to me, all at no charge.

To say I would highly recommend CRR is an understatement.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    .... cut the remaining part to the correct length and send it to him. He will crimp on a new BNC, and ship it back to me, all at no charge......
    Another sign of a GOOD SUPPLIER. He could have said just put a BNC on the shortened cable yourself ... BAD IDEA. As once it is cut to the proper length, the BNC must be properly crimped on and then, most importantly, the VSWR needs to be checked. If it has a bad VSWR, the communications won't be proper.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Default Good timing for a recommendation

We just started looking at new radios again, so it's great to hear a supplier recommendation.

Dave, any comments on which radios you chose and why? We'd be moving from old analog Motorola stuff, so we're trying to figure out what's important in the digital world.

Thanks,
    Phil

Default Spreadsheet

I sent Phil a spreadsheet with the results of my research on the subject in 2014.

PM me if you want it.
    Dave Weitzenhof

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Repaired antenna cable

Got it today. And Mark shrink-wrapped the radio end to prevent it from fatiguing again, plus he upgraded the antenna end with new brass fittings (I did not send mine because I thought he would not need them to repair the cable).

All at no charge!

So, again, CRR has gone way beyond what was necessary to make this customer happy!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Default Plug for CRR !

Mark (CRR) is contemplating going out of business since with the COVID and other conditions, they haven't sold anything recently. I thought I'd give them a plug with this post.

I called Mark the other day and asked for advice on the issue I posted in this thread:

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...o&goto=newpost

Although he hasn't sold me anything in several years, he was nonetheless very helpful.

So if you need anything for racecar communications, give him a call at 434-770-2645. Maybe if he gets more than a few responses, he'll reconsider and keep CRR open.
    Dave Weitzenhof

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 247

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Mark (CRR) is contemplating going out of business since with the COVID and other conditions, they haven't sold anything recently. I thought I'd give them a plug with this post.

I called Mark the other day and asked for advice on the issue I posted in this thread:

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...o&goto=newpost

Although he hasn't sold me anything in several years, he was nonetheless very helpful.

So if you need anything for racecar communications, give him a call at 434-770-2645. Maybe if he gets more than a few responses, he'll reconsider and keep CRR open.
    I bought a radio set for my dad for Christmas. Not only did Mark make sure that everything was set up to match the radios we already had but he also gift wrapped the whole package for me.

You can't beat customer service like that. If anyone is on the fence about getting a radio give him a call. We dont want to lose people like Mark in our racing community.

Brian

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

The home page says Out of Business
    http://clubracingradios.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    That's new within the last few days. I'm sorry to hear that.
    Dave Weitzenhof

From another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    This is absolutely what you want. You need to get a proper system with proper antenna. We get clear private communication from the pits to Canada Corner at Road America, for example, with our digital Motorola radios. But you need to treat antennas, cables, headsets, etc as consumables. Find someone with formula car experience, bite the bullet, and spend the money. Once you have a good system working, you can replentish your consumables with cheaper parts from eBay or Amazon, if you choose to.
    Consumables is correct. Get some orders in ( don't have to be huge) to your favorite vendors so they know you're still there and they're still in business.

Liked: 977

Default Fake news

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    I spoke with Mark yesterday; he is still in operation.

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post
    I spoke with Mark yesterday; he is still in operation.
    Great, but he might want to update his web page. OUT OF BUSINESS is fairly prominent.

Attachment 98083

Thread Information