Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 280

Default Right Coast Formula F Series Race 2 Registration is Open

Hi,

Registration is open for Race 2 of the 2016 Right Coast Formula F Series at Mid Ohio on the July 4th weekend. Please go to DLBRacing and look for the Formula Race Promotions event on Thursday, June 30 through Sunday, July 3.

This is going to be a really special weekend with the Pro F1600, F2000 and Formula Atlantic series; the debut of the Formula 4 series in the US as well as Formula Vee and Right Coast Formula F. For those of you who are contemplating going to the SCCA Runoffs which are being held at Mid Ohio; this is an excellent opportunity for more track time on the course that will be used for the Runoffs.

The race schedule has been arranged so that if you want to run both F1600 and Right Coast; there will be enough time between sessions to refuel, change tires, etc.

When you log into DLB you will be asked to select an Entry Fee; when you open the window select RCFFS. Then go ahead and complete the entry steps as you would with any other DLB administered event. Please bear in mind that if you are going to race with Right Coast and are just going to do this one FRP Pro event, you DO NOT need an SCCA Pro license.

If you do want to race with both FRP F1600 and Right Coast Formula F Series; you will need to do two separate entries.

We are now 24 days from load in and we have 6 Right Coast entrants. It would be great if we could get to or exceed 25 cars for this event. This is a great opportunity to be part of perhaps the only purpose built, open wheel race weekend in SCCA this season.

We are in contact with Hoosier Tire and will follow up this announcement with details related to getting tires for the weekend if you need them. We will follow up on the Right Coast website www.rcffs.org as well. Stay tuned..............

Please join us for a great weekend of open wheel single class racing at Mid Ohio.

Joe Marcinski
    1977 Royale RP24 Club Ford #04
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 06.07.16 at 8:32 PM. Reason: Clarification on license requirements per Bob Wright

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Quick clarification....

If you are only doing one F1600 weekend you DO NOT need the Pro license. We can waive one weekend in the Series for Club, CASC, vintage and other licenses at the discretion of our chief steward.
    Last edited by Bob Wright; 06.07.16 at 8:40 PM.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 61

Default 12 on track sessions!

We intend to do just that, Joe. We're coming from Denver.

Anyone thinking about this event should make an effort and come and do both series. I did this 'double' in 2014 and had a blast. The team had to shovel me into the car for the final session.

Son Andy will do the 'double' this time and I will look forward to the great fellowship among the RCFFS entrants.

The RCFFS has some great schwag for the top finishers. Pretty cool pens I hear...Let's start 25 if we can!

Bob Melvin
    ColoradoPen.com
    AmericanPenCompany.com

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3787

Obviously, at least to me, if you plan on doing the Runons this is the event to go to in order to get in the laps you need to sort things out. Especially in FF. But, even in FC you are going to get more track time than last weeks "minor".
    Catch a clue. This is going to be a formula car vest.

Liked: 127

Registered! This is going to be a great weekend to be a Formula Car driver!
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default Tires for Right Coast Race #2 at Mid Ohio

HI,

If you need tires for this race, please e-mail Eriks Bers at ebers@hoosiertire.com to order your tires. They will be able to bring bias ply slicks and rain tires for those who order them in advance. Please try to have your order in by close of business on Thursday, June 23 to give our friends at Hoosier enough time to get the tires on the truck(s).

The part numbers for the bias ply tires we use are as follows:

P/N 43127 20.5 x 6.0 - 13 FF Front Slick R35A compound
    P/N 43309 22.5 x 7.2 -13 FF Rear Slick R35A compound

P/N 43130 20.0 x 6.0 - 13 CF Front Slick R60A compound
    P/N 43307 22.5 x 7.2 - 13 CF Rear Slick R60A compound

P/N 44185 21.0 x 6.5 - 13 FF/CF Front Rain
    P/N 44220 22.5 x 7.5 - 13 FF/CF Rear Rain

If you want the SCCA Spec Formula F radial slicks or rain tires, just ask for them.

This is a Pro race weekend and it would be great if we all behaved as the Pro teams are expected to behave by cleaning our wheels, removing any balance weights and the valve stems BEFORE bringing the tires to the truck. It makes it much easier for the guys to turn the tires around more quickly for us.

Thanks,

Joe M.

Liked: 56

I'm in. Entered today.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Way to go to support Right Coast Kevin in spite or moving and job changes etc etc. We look forward to seeing you there !

Default Right Coast Formula F Series Race 2 @ Mid Ohio

Hi,

We are now just under three weeks away from Right Coast Race 2. We have 11 entrants as of this moment. We are anticipating 20+ for this event considering that there is significant track time available and the 2016 SCCA Runoffs are being held at Mid Ohio.

This would be a great time to get your entry in. Our series will only continue if you choose to come out and support it.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 06.13.16 at 3:04 PM. Reason: can't type

13. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

I see we are up to 15 entries. Looking better all the time
    Graham

Default Right Coast Formula F Series Race 2 @ Mid Ohio

Can we get 5 more before the end of the day Friday to get some momentum? Dave Harmison, Gary Gecelter, Mike Kelly, Steve Roux, Wayne Nicolette, Ed Callo, Chuck Smith? How about it guys?

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski

Liked: 78

For anyone thinking about this just sign up. It is good clean fun single class racing. I have more fun with the RCFFS / prior DUFFUS events then I ever had with all the other events I have raced combined. It would be nice to see a healthy field of 25 cars. I know its 4th of July weekend your wife may get a little angry but worth it...

Liked: 157

Default I am in

Looking forward to seeing all of you again

steve

Liked: 56

We can all be home on July 4!
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Liked: 29

Post Sups for Mid-Ohio Posted

While I know that the three words "driver", "read" and "sups" often do not relate, the sups for the Right Coast Formula F Series Race Weekend #2 have been posted to our website.

http://www.rcffs.org/schedule.html

Liked: 313

Just got around to registering. See you guys there.

Post Slightly Revised Schedule for Ohio

Posted slightly revised schedule to our website for Ohio.

Added the all important Right Coast Formula F Series Social @ Joe’s trailer.

http://www.rcffs.org/schedule.html

Only 12 days to on Race 1 @ Ohio!

Liked: 127

17 cars registered as of now, who else is coming out that hasn't signed up??
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Will,
    We were at low 20's considering committed and verbals but as ever now we are hoping we get back to 20.
    There are a few names not on the dlb list that we believe are coming, but as usual some are slow to register.
    Also there are a few who had said yes they wanted to run to get ready for the runoffs in September but with the Glen Major this weekend they are waiting to be sure they are in good shape to run M/O the next weekend.....
    Regardless we think we will be very near if not actually at 20 FF/CF at Mid Ohio's all open wheel weekend with FRPs FAtlantic/F2000/F1600, Right Coast, FVEE and fingers crossed the several time postponed inaugural F4 race.
    And with not a Miata in sight !

Liked: 99

I'm hoping to debut my car (RF85) at this event....

I could use some recommendations on tire choice - coming from solo the car had Hoosier R25s with 7" fronts and big rears... would the same sizing in R35 be best? Hoping to get 2 full weekends out of a set

...Should I jump straight into radials at 3deg front 2deg rear?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Brandon,

Assuming you are running as a Club FF, you will need to run R60 compound if you're running Hoosiers. That limits sizing. For the old school bias ply tires, I think you have only one front (6.0") and one rear (7.5"?) size.

The radials would also be ok, but they are a bit heavier, and the fronts are much taller. It would take some work to dial the car in on them.

I'd suggest going with the normal CFF R60s.

If you intend to get them at the track, be sure to contact Hoosier ASAP. Joe posted their contact info (and the tire part numbers and sizes) earlier in this thread.

The RF85 is a FF. If you want to have a fun weekend and not have to mess with the car and figure out how to drive it I would run the R35's for now. I have ran the radials on my DB1 for 2 events and still have not figured out the sweet spot. The car is much slower than it was and does not handle well at this point. I have ran R35's for two race weekends and they have held up for me.

Good suggestions! Thank you!

The car is certainly a FF with inboard shocks and the like.
    So then the question is 6" or 7s up front.
    Last edited by bassracer; 06.22.16 at 8:40 PM.

I am not sure what sizes the R35's are currently made in. I ran 7" on the front of my DB1 and it worked well.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by bassracer View Post
    I'm hoping to debut my car (RF85) at this event....

I could use some recommendations on tire choice - coming from solo the car had Hoosier R25s with 7" fronts and big rears... would the same sizing in R35 be best? Hoping to get 2 full weekends out of a set

...Should I jump straight into radials at 3deg front 2deg rear?

Thanks,
    Brandon
    Yes.
    If you are starting from scratch then start learning with the tire that is the future of the class. No sense in spending 3X the money to learn nothing. Put the cost savings into more track time.
    Last edited by problemchild; 06.22.16 at 7:19 PM.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Default Radials

Its the future, longevity is good and people will be sharing setup data. I ran them for the first time last weekend and still want to make some minor changes after taking tire temps at Ohio. If you build up a database with the 35's it all goes away when you switch. Not worth it. The fronts are a bit taller, not a huge amount taller.

Liked: 313

I peaked at the entry list this morning and Right Coast has 18 entries which makes it the largest group.

Well done.

I know there are still some good cars and drivers out there that aren't signed up.

Liked: 20

Looking forward to a great weekend.
    Hope to see a few more cars there ( ya' ll know who you are) !
    Weather looks great as well.

I'm about to finish my reg... anyone know why it is tacking on an additional $100 on the summary page ($600 total vs. $500)?

Brandon

Contributing Member

Late entry fee. That started at 12:00am Sunday morning. You can plead your case to Joe or Mike.
    ----------

Bassracer,
    Mike Rand here, Joe Marcinski surrogate.
    In my eight seasons of managing all the FRP events I, we, NEVER charged a late fee and Right Coast will NEVER charge a late fee either.
    Come race with us, we look forward to meeting you and welcoming you into the dysfunctional family that is FF/CF racers !

36. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks Mike,
    Thanks for the reply - Just read the same from Joe in email. I am registered for payment at track so hopefully we can balance it there.

Dysfunctional? I think I'll fit in.

Brandon

Is it me or is anyone else having a hard time paying attention at work this week? All I am thinking about is Mid Ohio. Then the normal things like what did I forget to pack what did I forget to do to the car.

Contributing Member

I'll fix it- for any and all RCFFS entries. It was in the DLB programming.
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    Is it me or is anyone else having a hard time paying attention at work this week? All I am thinking about is Mid Ohio. Then the normal things like what did I forget to pack what did I forget to do to the car.
    You are not alone..
    Graham

Default News??

What did I miss?

Default Join them at PA if you can.

You missed an extremely great time. What a bunch of really good people. Big thanks to Joe and Mike for the well put on event. Nothing but fun all weekend with very competitive (not me) racing. The top three were within a couple of seconds of the Pro 1600 guys that were running at the event also. I highly recommend running with these guys. And they especially welcome newbies.
    Graham

43. The following members LIKED this post:

Prior to Race 2, I was having some issues with my shoulder. We made the decision to go out and run ~8 laps and then call it a day before the f1600 race. When I got to that point in the race, I begged the guys on the radio to let me stay out. I was watching one of the best races I've ever seen unfold between the two cars in front of me. It endured all the way to the checkered flag. I'll post my onboard video for you guys when we make it home. The whole RCFFS weekend was spectacular. Professionally ran series and great competition across the board. The mix in cars, motors and tires really made for awesome racing from the front to the back. If we didn't live on the wrong coast, I'd be at every RCFFS weekend. Thanks to everyone involved. Stay tuned for my video!

45. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by AGMelv View Post
    Prior to Race 2, I was having some issues with my shoulder. We made the decision to go out and run ~8 laps and then call it a day before the f1600 race. When I got to that point in the race, I begged the guys on the radio to let me stay out. I was watching one of the best races I've ever seen unfold between the two cars in front of me. It endured all the way to the checkered flag. I'll post my onboard video for you guys when we make it home. The whole RCFFS weekend was spectacular. Professionally ran series and great competition across the board. The mix in cars, motors and tires really made for awesome racing from the front to the back. If we didn't live on the wrong coast, I'd be at every RCFFS weekend. Thanks to everyone involved. Stay tuned for my video!
    You guys did a great job once again this weekend Andy as did the entire RCFFS competitors.

Good job everyone.
    Steve Bamford

47. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Hey Andy,
    I'm really looking forward to that video. Any chance you had that rear facing camera on during the Saturday race? We were doing everything we could to try to hang with you! I never thought we could possibly go that fast.
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information