Thread: Kent HP

Liked: 6

Default Kent HP

What kind of horse power are the Kent 1600's putting out from the engine builders nowadays?

Thanks

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Regional/longevity build 109-113
    National 114- ???

I have heard as high as 118

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Portland Dynos

Each engine dyno will differ from another. Ivey dyno engines typically 109-113 with an occasional 114. I haven't heard of any higher, but the son of the Jaguar Dealer may have slightly higher, not withstanding he's a very good driver. The same engine on the Loyning dyno may show 1-2 hp higher.

Liked: 8

FWIW... I've got the dyno sheets from the Crossle I purchased showing 115.8cHP at about 6200-6300rpm.

It's an aluminum head Ivey motor dyno'd at Ivey
    Last edited by DB2Crossle; 06.06.16 at 6:41 PM. Reason: adding comment...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Each engine dyno will differ from another. Ivey dyno engines typically 109-113 with an occasional 114. I haven't heard of any higher, but the son of the Jaguar Dealer may have slightly higher, not withstanding he's a very good driver. The same engine on the Loyning dyno may show 1-2 hp higher.
    Referring to iron heads only. Aluminum heads are generally stronger. Some sanctioning clubs do not permit the aluminum head.

Liked: 947

“Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information