Liked: 1

Default Brakes. Stohr WF1

Looking to upgrade my original Stohr Gen2 brake system. Any experience or recommendations. Thanks

Liked: 7

I swapped out the stock stuff for a AP Racing Calibers (F3) and custom rotors from BRD. No weight savings to talk about but the brakes themselves are excellent. I hated the stock stuff.

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by RDRACING View Post
    Looking to upgrade my original Stohr Gen2 brake system. Any experience or recommendations. Thanks
    This is weird. In two years of owning Stohr I have not had a single call or inquiry about brakes until a month ago...and yours makes the fourth in as many weeks.

Anyway, I am working with the engineers at Wilwood on two affordable and effective upgrade packages that I hope to have ready before the Runoffs.

Bottom line is that there is no need to spend $5400 for MUCH better brakes than came on the car.

PS - The delay is getting new radial-mount brackets CNC cut.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 1

Thanks Stan.

Liked: 7

Hi Stan,

Can you tell us more about what's coming? I'm interested in knowing if there's a weight saving over the stock set-up and if so what's the saving? Also, will the package include a Master Cylinder swap out? More information would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Liked: 309

There will not be any appreciable weight savings, and in fact will weigh a few ounces more per corner. Stohr (Wilwood) brakes are already very light compared to Brembo, AP, etc. The primary difference is a switch from lug mount to radial mount, which are much stiffer at the same weight.

To save any appreciable weigh one would have to go to carbon or titanium, and they are many times more expensive than upgraded Wilwoods.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Thread Information