Liked: 0

Default Star Racing FM question

So i have the opportunity to purchase an early star racing FM. question is what changes would need to be made to it to make it majors competitive. Also have read somewhere about turning it to a P2 car - is this a viable option for it? The price is real cheap so im trying to figure a way not to let it slip by. I dont really need another race car - i currently run a GT-Lite miata and am building an FP miata for next year but it may be too good to pass up. I just need a competitive outlet for it. Thanks.

Liked: 5

Having a Drummond sealed motor is a must. Not sure about about the P2 setup. Best to visit with our "go-to" Guru Moses Smith. http://mosessmithracing.com/
    It's a great car & class. FM 92

Liked: 91

Default P2 car

I THINK this is what you're talking about, the Mazda MSR:

and

But yes, as said above, Moses is the GO TO guy for info on it.

How does one get in contact with him? The contact link on the formula mazda page doesn't work.

Liked: 91

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionspeed View Post
    How does one get in contact with him? The contact link on the formula mazda page doesn't work.
    Try this link

Thanks.

Liked: 28

Default So you have a MSR??

If that is the car you have, I would sell it and buy a FM instead. Moses would definitely be the guy to talk to on what it will take to convert it but I'm guessing you will be less expensive to just buy a known good car and go from there. There is one for sale in the "for sale" area for $36k that is NEW. Not the typical "race ready" crap, but NEW. The guy selling it holds some track records with the car and it will get you competitive once you put fuel in it. Our team has 8 running FM's and there is always something wrong with a few of them due to parts wearing out, etc. That MSR is pretty neat but I'm not sure if P2 is a good spot for it either. I'll leave that one to smarter people than myself... as in everyone else.

Dan

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information