Liked: 50

Default May 21-22 Gingerman Saturday CFF Race Video

The weather was picture perfect in southwest Michigan this past weekend for the double regional at Gingerman Raceway. And the Club Formula Fords of Phil Kingham and Reilly Harris put on a great show in Saturday afternoons race. Phil put his Zink on the pole but Reilly pulled into the lead by the 2nd corner. The racing was side by side and there were many changes for the lead. It all came down to a last lap last corner pass by Phil to take the win.

Video of the complete Saturday Race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gec7d5IR0f4

Looking forward to the Right Coast Formula F Series races at Mid-Ohio.
    Michael Ray
    Crew for CFF #27 Phil Kingham

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Default Nice video

Thanks for sharing.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Thanks for posting Mike!

Phil

Liked: 341

Looks like a fun track. That double apex left (if I counted correctly it is around turn 5 and 6) looks like a blast. In fact, it looks like Phil had his hands full there around 9:20.

Good racing and good luck with the rest of your season.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Little; 05.24.16 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Correct reference to who was driving... because I am a perfectionist... not in my driving but in writing... totally!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 49

Yeah, the front end and back end were arguing about who was going to lead. Not quite sure what triggered that, but it was a bit more interesting than was desired.

That's actually called turn 9, I think.

Phil

Liked: 341

So I can't count.... Good to know. You are absolutely correct. The big moment was in 9. That said, it is 5 and 6 that look like fun. Watching again, that very same lap, there is a smaller wiggle there too. Perhaps some oil coming from someone ahead? Small slip in 5/6 and a bigger slip in 9. That is the answer I would go with as I always prefer to blame someone else.

In any event, good run and fun to watch. Thanks for putting it out there for the rest of us to watch.

Eric

Liked: 9

Nice vid.

Thread Information