Liked: 0

Default Twin DCOE linkage kits

Hello folks,

I am to the point that I need to fit a throttle cable and new carb linkage on the Ensign.

Looking around the various sources, there appear to be twin cable set ups and single cable setups. I don't understand the need for twin cables? Is there something I am missing?

Sytec and Weber have kits any recommendations?

Thanks

Eric

Liked: 29

Default DCOE stuff

for DCOE linkage and pieces I use Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy, CA. (Nor Cal). Best prices and service.
    For two DCOE's, linkage pieces used are rear carb 45041-009 and 45048-005 (rear and front carb) and there is also a kit PM3720 that is usefull. They have pictures of all the linkage. Using the two linkage pieces you can use a "down pull" cable assembly. using a spherical bearing at the middle of the carbs and a vertical wire wound compression spring assembly.

Control Cables in Santa Fe Springs, CA can make up the length cable you might need.

There is also some hi buck linkage pieces around and in the $150 range if you want to spend some coin and with 2 cables and whizzy bits. A well synchroed pair of carbs will do the job with the above parts.

Liked: 610

Default Twin DCOE

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry B. View Post
    They have pictures of all the linkage. Using the two linkage pieces you can use a "down pull" cable assembly. using a spherical bearing at the middle of the carbs and a vertical wire wound compression spring assembly.

There is also some hi buck linkage pieces around and in the $150 range if you want to spend some coin and with 2 cables and whizzy bits. A well synchroed pair of carbs will do the job with the above parts.
    For vehicles like my Ralt RT-1 Super-Vee, a pull-down option really doesn't work, the headers (non-crossflow head) get in the way. In this case the 2 cables and whizzy bits may work better (we make our own main-throttle cables).
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 0

Thanks all. I decided to go with a top mount whizzy bits version. I will let you know how it turns out

Thread Information