Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Right Coast Formula F Series season opener registration open

South Jersey Region has posted the entry for the Lightning Challenge June 4-5 on DLB racing.
    Much more information coming very soon but in the short term you can get signed up and see the schedule and the supps.
    Hope to see a great turnout for the season opener at the Lightning Circuit in under 4 weeks time.

Liked: 280

Default Right Coast Formula F Series Race 1 of 2016 at NJMP Lightnin

We are very pleased to announce that registration is open for the SCCA South Jersey Region Lightning Challenge on June 3, 4 & 5, 2016. You can register at www.dlbracing.com or you can go to our schedule page on Right Coast website at www.rcffs.org/schedule and click the link there to get to the same registration along with links to track maps and the sups.
    This event is a North East Division (NEDIV) championship race as well as a New Jersey Road Racing Series/Mid Atlantic Road Racing Series (NJRRS/MARRS) regional race. Those of you who are entering both the Lightning Challenge NJRRS/MARRS Regional and the Right Coast Formula F Series races this weekend will be on track 5 times. Two of those on track sessions are Right Coast FF/CF only races; a 20 lap race on Saturday and another 20 lapper on Sunday.
    The Saturday morning qualifying session is Group 3 which is a FF/CF/FV/FST/F500 race group. Later on Saturday morning, there will be a 15 lap regional qualifying race with that same race grouping. No sooner than 1 hour later is the first Right Coast Formula F Series 20 lap race which will be FF/CF only. The grid for that race will be determined by the fastest lap done in either the qualifying session or the regional qualifying race.
    If a driver chooses to only enter the Right Coast series portion of the event; then that driver will be required to start from the rear for the first Right Coast race. The grids for the Right Coast races will be determined by the driver’s fastest lap from any previous on track session.
    We want to caution Formula F Drivers who are trying to get to the Runoffs via the Divisional Championship route. The Right Coast Formula F Series does not have a tire rule for Formula F and you are free to run whatever tire you choose. However, if you want your race results in the NEDIV/NJRRS/MARRS regional portion of the program to count towards a Runoffs invitation; then you must be on the Hoosier Radial Formula F spec tire.
    Drivers who enter the entire Saturday/Sunday race program will get approximately 12 laps of qualifying and 75 laps of racing for a total of around 87 laps around Lightning at this event. We hope you all see this as a good value for your $550 entry fee. There is also a separate Friday portion of the program that is a test day administered by the South Jersey Region. The cost for Friday is $200 which will get you four [4] sessions of open wheel/sport racers of 18-20 minutes each for a total of between 75 and 80 minutes of track time.
    For those drivers who want to pull Ironman/Ultra Marathon duty; Thursday, June 2, is a Member day at NJMP which is open to non-member competition licensed drivers and features a separate open wheel and spec racer run group. This day will also include a track walk -- see the NJMP web site, www.njmp.com, for additional details and cost.
    So, please join us for Right Coast Formula F Series race number 1 of 2016! If you should have any questions, please use the Contact page on the Right Coast website and we will get back to you right away.
    Thanks,
    Joe Marcinski
    1977 Royale RP24 Club Formula F
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 05.09.16 at 8:47 AM. Reason: The subject line is too long, I really do know how to spell Lightning

Liked: 78

Shayne I am signed up. I don't want to hear a list of excuses.

Liked: 9

Signed up.

Liked: 157

Default I am in

Let's do this!

Liked: 20

Signed up.

Regardless of the names listed on dlb for the Lightning Challenge/Right Coast season opener I am in fact entered for and running both !
    This is a testament to my ineptitude with manipulating dlb and just not understanding the way to get everything lined up appropriately.
    It's been a while since I entered anything using dlb and it will all come back, maybe, eventually !
    Anyway, see you all there in just over three week, can't wait.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Will enter

I will enter when I decide if I want to do just the RCFFS or all the races. And if I can make it down for Friday.

Ed Callo
    Bowman

Liked: 280

Default Right Coast /Lightning Challenge registration hints

Hi,

It has come to my attention that the registration process for the Lightning Challenge appears to be a bit convoluted and confusing. I have just completed my entry and I would agree. Here is the procedure you should follow in order to make sure that your name appears on both the Lightning Challenge and Right Coast entry lists.

When you go to the DLBRacing site you will see several listings for the South Jersey Region event. There is one for the Friday test day, one for the Right Coast Formula F Series and one for the Lightning Challenge Regional. Find and select the one for the South Jersey Lightning Challenge Regional.

When you begin the entry process the first drop down box you will be asked to complete is "Select an Entry" and choose the one at the very bottom of the list which says "Entry Fee (running Lightning Challenge and RCFFS) $550". Then go ahead and complete the rest of the entry forms.

THEN, go back to the DLB site and find the listing for the Right Coast segment of the South Jersey Region event. Yeah, I know it is a PITA, but that is how DLB has chosen to do this. Sign in again and if you get a message that you have already entered; then DLB has corrected the broken link. If you get the registration screen again; then in the "Select an Entry" box, select the line the shows a $0 entry which indicates that you have already chosen the correct entry fee, but the link has not taken your information over to the Right Coast portion. Complete the rest of the entry form and you will be all set.

Not exactly sure why things have developed this way, but it is a very "busy" entry process for this weekend with the Regional, a Pro IT and the Right Coast all running in the same program.

In any case, please entry as early as your circumstance permit. This is our first event of the year and it is really important that we have a good turnout. Please don't hesitate to contact me/us if you have any questions.

We have already done some investigation and we are sure that registration for races 2, 3 & 4 that will be with Formula Race Promotions and will also be done via the DLB site have been set up to be much more user friendly.

Thanks and we will see you at NJMP,

Joe Marcinski

Ed, why wait for the weather forecast?? You and the Bowman go well in the wet!
    Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    I will enter when I decide if I want to do just the RCFFS or all the races. And if I can make it down for Friday.

Ed Callo
    Bowman

Contributing Member

Default Weather

Has nothing to do with the weather. I hope it pours rain all weekend. Most fun I had in the car last year was the rain race at the Jerk. I was having so much fun in the rain I hurt my face I was smiling so much.

Work is what may prevent the Friday test day

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Pictures from the very first SCCA FF/CF race

that was run at Lightning, not that long ago. Only a few F500 and one? FV that weekend.

Scroll down and find the FF's

http://picasaweb.google.com/11584147...RWNgQ6xgcwZlRA

Decent field of cars, but the layout can handle many more

Steve

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    that was run at Lightning, not that long ago. Only a few F500 and one? FV that weekend.

Scroll down and find the FF's

http://picasaweb.google.com/11584147...RWNgQ6xgcwZlRA

Decent field of cars, but the layout can handle many more

Steve
    Cant believe that was 8 years ago already Steve. Should have kept our car that color.

If anyone is wondering about gearing, we used our Watkins Glen gears for Lightning and they seemed to work well.

Contributing Member

Default Gearing

Well that does not help me Tom, I don't have a proper gear for the toe of the boot in my box of gears - and it is full. Keep telling myself I have to buy one. But now with the new pavement at WG maybe I will have the right gear for the toe, just not for NJ.

Contributing Member

Default All in

Registered today. Looks like I will not be able to make the Friday test day. Oh well.

Liked: 24

Default Registered for RCFFS and test day

I'm in for all the races and test day. Planning to do the member day as well on June 2. Look forward to seeing everyone soon.
    - Angela, FF#7

Liked: 74

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    Shayne I am signed up. I don't want to hear a list of excuses.
    Oh nice cheap shot.....

As long as I have the car Done, Ill be there.....

Shayne you better be there. If you are roping me into helping you with the alignment last minute. On a side note it would be nice to have 20-25 cars show up. There are some names on the registration that I do not see yet.

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Hey Derek, you can help get the numbers where you would like to see them, that 20-25, by contacting those names you are not seeing on the current entry ......
    If we all contact a couple of FF/CF pals and try to get them to join in that will only be beneficial for everyone !
    Remember though not everyone hangs out on apexspeed often and some almost never so contact them directly.....
    Joe and I have been beating the bushes and I can list 21 maybe 22 today who are either signed up or verbally have told one of us they are planning on running.
    Personally I like your idea of 25 plus maybe 5......30 has a nice ring, don't you think ?
    It is not impossible.......

23. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 127

Looking like a 20+ car turnout for the first race of the season, nice!

I will be at the F2000 races at VIR that weekend, so I'm planning on joining the fun at Mid-ohio first weekend in July!
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

25. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 73

Default RCFFS at South Jersey SCCA

15 so far, looking like a lot of good times.

The South Jersey Region runs their race format as:
    Qualifying
    Qualifying Race (15 laps)
    Feature Race (20 laps)

Add two 20 Laps RCFFS races to that and we are looking at a great weekend.

Rand said it right, 20-25 FF/CF cars will be a hoot. 30 would be insane fun.

Knock on doors, ring phones, 75 laps of racing in two days on a 1.9 mile fun and fast Lightning track.

The racing is going to be epic stuff.
    JD
    Zink Z10

27. The following 3 users liked this post:

JD, According to Joes and my emails and phone calls we expect over 20 with numerous known runners not registered yet.
    The 15 on dlb look to be joined some fast guys who while fast on track are a bit tardy as far as clicking register it seems !
    Regardless we are hopeful we find a few more to get to 25 on the weekend.
    Can't wait to learn a new track and see everyone, under 2 weeks and counting down the days....

Think of it as a fast and safe LimeRock. I like to think of Turn one as the Lime Rock uphill inverted.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 74

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    Shayne you better be there. If you are roping me into helping you with the alignment last minute. On a side note it would be nice to have 20-25 cars show up. There are some names on the registration that I do not see yet.
    If we get my car solid before NJ, You better have some more faith in the tires.....I hope you get use to these tires quickly....

IT'S ON!

Liked: 29

Default Tweets from NJMP for Round 1

Less than a week to go!

We'll be tweeting from NJMP using the Right Coast Formula F Series twitter account:

https://twitter.com/rcffs1

We'll try to tweet out the important stuff and some trivia as well.

32. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3787

Unconfirmed reports yesterday of sightings of Mike Rand crossing the Hudson River on I-84 with a enclosed trailer behind his black SUV.
    He was tracked south towards Philly, then he disappeared.
    Before yesterday it had been 8 months since the tracking device on his trailer has signaled any movement.

34. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 36

Someone must have stolen the trailer and taken it for a ride.

Contributing Member

Default Great event

For those of your that didn't make it you missed a really great event. Single class racing at it best. With the option of doing the 2 regional races also for a 4 race weekend. If you have a FF or CF you need to be racing this series.

Ed

37. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Rand sighting confirmed

The humidity was so thick at NJMP this past weekend that the tracking device was undetectable.
    I have it on good authority that not only did his hauler and trailer make it to the track, but so did his car. That's it sitting in the #4 grid spot.
    The drivers had some fun and Mike was seen headed back North on Route 55 Sunday afternoon. Weary and wearing a wry grin on his mug.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JD
    Zink Z10

39. The following 4 users liked this post:

It was a great weekend. I had allot of fun! Even though I need training wheels driving on radials. Thank you for everyone that put the effort into making this event happen.

Derek

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

How many cars did you get for the first event? Seems like a decent turn out considering that some potential cars would have been at Mid-Ohio for the SCCA Majors race getting ready for the runons. Also having a FRP event on the same weekend meant a lot of F1600 cars all running at different tracks. Three or so weeks from now at Mid-Ohio for RCFFS & FRP should bring out many more cars, no reason to miss the next event.

Congrats on a successful first event.
    Last edited by Steve Bamford; 06.06.16 at 12:06 PM.
    Steve Bamford

We'll be running both F1600 and RCFFS at Mid-Ohio. Can't wait!

Liked: 127

Great job everyone, looking forward to another big field at Mid-Ohio!!
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

No blow by blow story?

Who won?

Who did Rand run over?

Most important, Who won the Stonebridge Cryoscience Hard charger award?

Jesus, I'm on the edge of my seat here!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 9

Reily won both RCFFS races and I won the regional feature. All races were fantastic battles. I forget who won the hard charger award.

Here's video from the regional feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoEojSlRb9g

46. The following 2 users liked this post:

Only in response to Agnifs prodding am I posting this brief review of last weekend.
    I will leave it to the Main DUFFI in Charge of Right Coast Formula F Series, one Joe Marcinski, for a full report. As he had his gorgeous and as yet still not quite ready to run Royale RP24 there to show off, he swears he will finish it up for Mid Ohio Right Coast weekend #2 come July 1-3, but he had a fine time watching all the excellent FF/CF racing over the Lightning weekend.
    By the way, Lightning makes the dealing with the NJTPK and weekend traffic worthwhile, what a fun and fast and flowing circuit.
    One admission however, I maintain my record of whistling off the road on my very first lap at both the NJMP race tracks ! Did it at Thunderbolt maybe 7 or more years ago and did it again Friday at Lightning.
    Must be a message there......
    Never felt so stupid, actually called Tracy and said I made the essential rookie error and deserved to have my racing license revoked. By the end of Friday we, Lightning and meself, were at least on speaking terms and after Saturdays most excellent 20 lapper I love the place.
    Now as to Agnifs usual poking sticks, in fact as the third lap of Sat qualifying began with tires barely warming I turn into Turn 1, a third gear over a crest falling away end of a pretty long and fast straight, and I was hit hard in the right rear and spun to the outside.
    No names needed but the Crossle being of stout heart and construction restarted and I drove into pitlane, asking if anything looked bent or leaking and the upper railing arm on the right rear was indeed pretzeled so into the paddock we go to effect repairs.
    Turns out the water pipe was crimped but not flattened or leaking and the hoses maintained their integrity so I, being hugely lazy, left well enough alone. No water flow problems or overheating for the subsequent two 20 lappers, one that very afternoon the
    second just before the requisite South Jersey mercifully brief monsoon Sunday PM.
    Anyway, the car whose left front whacked my right rear was promptly loaded up and was seen departing about a half hour later.....
    The Saturday Right Coast race featured a five car train for the lead with me sort of hanging on and finishing 4th OA and 3rd in CF.
    It seems we have some very fast CF cars and drivers , not the least of which are JD Kings 19 year old son Max and Reilly Harries along with Wayne Nicolette in a ridiculously fast Lola T340/2.
    Had a ball running with every one of these guys, throw Ross Devoe and David Petzko into the mix and it was a real old time FF scrum.....but clean and safe.
    Sunday was a bit more subdued at least from my perspective as my usual crappy start led to me being a lonely race trying to chase down the slowly disappearing lead group. Finished 3rd OA and3rd CF.
    So next I get to return to home atLime Rock June 17-18 before the long haul out to Mid Ohio for Right Coast weekend #2 July 1-3.
    I think it is going to be a great season.
    All FF/CF are welcome regardless of your motor or tire choice and with the runoffs coing up at Mid Ohio in Septemeber we will be running tha "Pro Course" layout so come and get all tuned up .
    We Right Coasters are running an all open wheel weekend, the first I can recall ever having happened at this level since I started doing this. We are with FRP F2000/F1600/FAtlantic as well as FV and the now rescheduled F4 inaugural weekend, it is all formula cars all the time !
    Each group having two sessions dedicated to just that group each day Fri-Sat-Sun.
    Ought to be a weekend to remember.

OK, so this turned out to not actually be that brief....oh well.

48. The following 4 users liked this post:

Default Race results posted

Race results are now posted on the Right Coast Formula F Series web site: www.rcffs.org

Thread Information