Liked: 10

Default Looking for entry level position

Hello,
    My name is Brandon and I have always been in love with racing. I want nothing more than to experience the feel of being in a racing environment in an important role. I grew up around a local drag strip and essentially was there every weekend. I have no real racing experience and the only automotive experience I have is personal experience from 5 years of performance builds and restoring vintage porsche's. I want to eventually race a car one day once I have the funds to make it happen, but I figure getting my foot in the door in a race team is the best way to get involved. I have a background in marketing and currently working towards a degree.

I do not seek much compensation other than my travel expenses. I would accept a fly-in position if one were available as well.

Racing is a dream of mine and I want to make it happen.

I can be contacted at bcvinar@gmail.com or the messaging system here.

Thank you!
    Last edited by bcvinar; 05.05.16 at 2:34 PM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 229

Quote Originally Posted by bcvinar View Post
    Hello,
    My name is Brandon and I have always been in love with racing. I want nothing more than to experience the feel of being in a racing environment in an important role. I grew up around a local drag strip and essentially was there every weekend. I have no real racing experience and the only automotive experience I have is personal experience from 5 years of performance builds and restoring vintage porsche's. I want to eventually race a car one day once I have the funds to make it happen, but I figure getting my foot in the door in a race team is the best way to get involved. I have a background in marketing and currently working towards a degree.

I do not seek much compensation other than my travel expenses. I would accept a fly-in position if one were available as well.

Racing is a dream of mine and I want to make it happen.

I can be contacted at bcvinar@gmail.com or the messaging system here.

Thank you!
    Go to the next SCCA event at NHIS work as a volunteer meet some people and gain a little experience.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 65

this post makes me think of one weekend many years ago at Moroso, now known as Palm Beach International. A guy stopped and talked to Surfer Bob at the Goodyear trailer and then stopped and talked to me at the Hoosier Trailer. The guy asked us both the same question "How did you end up working in Motorsports?" We both told him the same thing. "We were at the wrong place at the wrong time"

I have since moved on where my day job is neutron scattering science (because race tires and neutron scattering science share so much in common) However, of all the jobs I have had, working the races is my most fond memory. The people I hated to deal with can be counted on one hand. One of those one was banned for life from SCCA for shoving a corner worker down and pegging a car with his helmet. Another was found dead in a trunk of a car riddled with bullets... it appears to have been a suicide.. ... So 3 people after 25+ years of SCCA involvement remain that I really don't want to deal with. That says A LOT about the great people who are involved in racing with the SCCA.

I got my start, working part time after I showed up at a race at Roebling Road, Savannah GA. I had hitched a ride to the track with no clue where I would sleep. The tire guy said " you can sleep in the back of the truck if you kick the dog out" I kicked the Greyhound out, and asked if anyone was gonna eat the day old pizza. This obviously pissed off the Greyhound but impressed the tire guy who thought "I need to hire this guy" I ended up being his first full time employee and it seems this tire company has the highest customer satisfaction of any racing tire track side support in North America.

So, long story short, as has been mentioned, If you want to work in Motorsports, go to the track. See who needs help. Do work. Do it to the best of your ability. You will not get rich. Have a good attitude. You never know where you will end up.

6. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 63

That was how Jim McGee got started. If you dont know who he is looking him up.

Liked: 229

The Jim Mcgee I knew was from here
    http://www.1966shelbynotchbackmustan...ytona1967.html

And helped some chick named Janet at Indy...

Thread Information