Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    F4 announced FIA approval of the tub on February 12th...
    One assumes also that some basic aspects of the car were designed over the winter and into early manufacturing well before that....

Yet they cant deliver 12 cars in the subsequent 12 weeks ???
    What were the plans to accommodate the 30+ cars envisioned?

The press release reads like Crawford being thrown under the bus, but I just can't believe it's that simple.
    If not holding Crawford accountable then who would you think would be causing the issue with lack of production?
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 27

Is there any information on how many cars have been delivered?

Quote Originally Posted by gfastr View Post
    Is there any information on how many cars have been delivered?
    Yes the teams know. Not enough to make a full grid as of yet. As listed it isn't fair to teams who need multiple cars to start before they get them all.

I wasn't around for FE but weren't there production delays with them causing lost sales?
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 896

F4 announced FIA approval of the tub on February 12th...
    One assumes also that some basic aspects of the car were designed over the winter and into early manufacturing well before that....

Yet they cant deliver 12 cars in the subsequent 12 weeks ???
    What were the plans to accommodate the 30+ cars envisioned?

The press release reads like Crawford being thrown under the bus, but I just can't believe it's that simple.
    I do not care how complete the design is. There is no one in this country who can build and assemble 12 carbon tub race cars in 12 weeks.

I expected this kind of problem when I saw how aggressive the target date was. Tough job.
    I have no doubt that the cars will be spectacular when completed.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 442

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    I do not care how complete the design is. There is no one in this country who can build and assemble 12 carbon tub race cars in 12 weeks.
    I think the part about it having to be this country is the problem. They should have gone with one of the pre-existing F4 manufacturers if they wanted to have any hope of getting the series going on time. (Mygale/Tatuus/Dome)

Or if they wanted to think of the future and make a real interesting F4 series allow all F4 chassis!

Liked: 802

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post
    If not holding Crawford accountable then who would you think would be causing the issue with lack of production?
    I've no inside info, but could be sub-contract supply issues.
    Or maybe the F4 Honda is as under-powered as the Lites one was, and they're reluctant to be seen to fail twice.
    Might also be a simple case of smoke-and-mirrors on how many true sales they've had, and scca is deflecting the truth.
    Time will tell if there's ever an actual event....

I've no inside info, but could be sub-contract supply issues.
    Or maybe the F4 Honda is as under-powered as the Lites one was, and they're reluctant to be seen to fail twice.
    Might also be a simple case of smoke-and-mirrors on how many true sales they've had, and scca is deflecting the truth.
    Time will tell if there's ever an actual event....
    Sub-contract would still be the responsibility of Crawford since they would be the ones managing that.

The F4 engine has to run as per FIA guidelines which is 158 hp, so it will not be a rocket ship but they will all have the same hp.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 151

Default SCCA Pro Racing postpones launch of F4 U.S. Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Creighton View Post
    Greg
    First you have to understand that SCCA Pro is a separate company and has no bearing on the running of Club Racing whatsoever.
    That's easy to say, but it was our awesome president of SCCA who showed up with Walker to threaten FRP. You can also see the SCCA's "leadership" in just how messed up this whole situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it ironic the group F4 will be running their first event with?

I'm excited to have front row seats to the **** show.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    I think the part about it having to be this country is the problem. They should have gone with one of the pre-existing F4 manufacturers if they wanted to have any hope of getting the series going on time. (Mygale/Tatuus/Dome)

Are the tubs even built in this country? My understanding is that the tubs were subbed out to someone. I'm not sure they were domestic.

After hearing about the supply problems with FL, production problems with F4 is the least shocking news ever.

This series is heavily reliant on prep shop involvement. Reputable prep shops expect to give a budget to their customers before the season starts. It's almost June and no one knows what a season is going to cost yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    That's easy to say, but it was our awesome president of SCCA who showed up with Walker to threaten FRP. You can also see the SCCA's "leadership" in just how messed up this whole situation is.

In the interest of fair and balanced coverage, I don't think Derrick Walker was on-board at the start of this episode. IIRC it was his predescesor who put in an appearance.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 151

Default SCCA Pro Racing postpones launch of F4 U.S. Championship

In the interest of fair and balanced coverage, I don't think Derrick Walker was on-board at the start of this episode. IIRC it was his predescesor who put in an appearance.

Ah, thank you for the correction. I just remembered seeing Lisa and some guy I didn't recognize. I assumed it was him after the fact.

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post
    Sub-contract would still be the responsibility of Crawford since they would be the ones managing that.

The F4 engine has to run as per FIA guidelines which is 158 hp, so it will not be a rocket ship but they will all have the same hp.
    Yes, understood that all along, was suggesting that one possible reason was perhaps they can't meet 158 and are forced to delay?

Yes, understood that all along, was suggesting that one possible reason was perhaps they can't meet 158 and are forced to delay?
    Nope.
    Steve Bamford

Walker is doing his best with what he has in front of him. He is busy picking up the pieces of what others have left for him and is doing his best. Do not blame him for any of this, I am certain he didn't realize how delayed the program would be when he signed on to help out.
    Steve Bamford

18. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default seriously ?

from F4 Facebook today:

"Austin will compete alongside teammate Michael Goodyear in the inaugural F4 U.S. Championship season.
    If fans would like to learn more about Austin, like what superstitious thing he does before each race, the last thing he snapped a photo of on his phone and the name of his childhood imaginary friend visit click here."

riveting stuff I imagine ....

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default riveting indeed! i thought they were carbon fibre

can't wait to face austin on likebook

Liked: 106

if anyone happens to be going to the 500 we will have a car on display there with Honda

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Quote Originally Posted by phil picard View Post
    if anyone happens to be going to the 500 we will have a car on display there with honda

hrti?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information