Liked: 799

Default Heads up - Longacre Racing

Just a heads up ....
    While Longacre makes great products, be forewarned:

For the second time in 6 months (shame on me for there being a second time), I've learned the hard way that they can not/will not quote an exact shipping cost when you place an order.
    Was given an estimate last week of $13 shipping on a $74 order. Learned today it was $34, not 13 !

They "understand your frustration sir", but claim they cannot control UPS. They were equally clueless when I pointed out the disservice they do people by not admitting they are giving you a worthless guess. A cynic might even think they quote low on purpose ....

YMMV

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

I had what I consider to be an unnecessarily bad interaction with what serves for customer service with those guys a couple years back when all I wanted was a drawing of one of their switches to make sure it would fit. They expected me to buy it and send it back if it didn't.

On the other hand, I swallowed my pride and I bought a smart camber set-up from their scratch and dent catalog last month - and not only was it perfect, the shipping was almost reasonable.

Not enough top-down leadership when it comes to expectations when interacting with customers I guess.

Liked: 235

Yes, a mixed bag. I called and asked for the size of a part. They were very helpful and gave me dimensions measured off a part that the service person was holding in her hand.

But shipping was on the high side. Not crazy high, but more than I thought was appropriate. But good products.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

I have nothing but good things to say about Longacre.

A couple of years ago my ancient Longacre scales gave up the ghost.

They sent me obsolete chips (the ones for my scales), and eventually an entire board from a similar but different model. All at no charge and they did not even charge me for the shipping.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 26

Standard operating procedure for internet-based orders in today's market. Ever order items from Rockauto? Great base pricing and the shipping is added profit.

No complaints on our Longacre scales.

JN
    Last edited by jnortonjr; 04.23.16 at 2:46 PM.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

You know how I know you've never tried to buy a Kodiak platform back in the day?
    :O)

Thread Information