Thread: AR Tires

Liked: 45

Default AR Tires

Has anyone rune the AR Tires yet? I'm curious...

Also, I spoke with Hoosier this morning. They are still making and you can still purchase the Hoosier FE tire. Apparently, there is a series at Autobahn country club (maybe the Radial cars?) that speced the FE tire. So Hoosier is still manufacturing them. These tires would obviously not be legal for use in the SCCA, but you could use them for track days or practice.

Jon

Liked: 29

not a lot of sense to run tires on track days/practice that you are not going to use on race weekends.

we can still use hoosiers on the P2 version, as long as there are not 5 of us at the same race and trying to run under the gpfour/crefit voucher concept.

kevin kloepfer worked it out where the primus rep brought AR's to VIR to save us some on shiping. justin and I, as well as current track record holder Scott Rettich (1:10.841), will have them at the SP majors in 2 weeks. that should give us a better idea on how they perform/last with 3 different levels of driving styles, as in real fast, fast, and hanging around in the back trying to stay on the lead lap....

the following weekend MARRS is back at VIR for a double race weekend. i was thinking about skipping it before, but now i will try and get there to see how the AR's behave after just being there this past weekend for the majors. this will try out the "they last longer" theory, will use the same set from SP, that will pick up at cycle 6 for sat qual and 7 for sat race, then either new ones for sun qual/race or if no one around, old ones for qual and new ones for race, all depends on lap time drop off. doubt if there will be any other MARRS FE's there, so may just as well keep the same set the whole time.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

The ESR in P2 can ALWAYS use the Hoosier FE tires, they just don't count towards the 3 ESR running AR tires contingency program requirements, and are not eligible for it's rewards.

3 ESR running AR tires is still a large number, and I don't plan to make the switch to AR anytime soon.

ok, 3 instead of 5, but i thought they said that for contingency purposes, that 3 count minimum all had to be on AR. place standing as a p2 would not matter which tire you are on.

either way, i have several low cycle hoosier's and 2 stickers to use for the year on the p2, as well as 1 cycle rain and 1 sticker rain set, if they do not get used in next couple majors before AR gets theirs out to us. cannot remember what condition the 3rd set of rains are in.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Yes you got to have 3 ESR on AR tires for the plan to kick in, those not on AR are not eligible. also not sure if P2 race finish order, or ESR only racer finish order, or ESR on AR race finish order sets the deal, probably overall race finish order.

I can only see one chance for 3 ESR to get together and that's MARRS. But I have Hoosiers dry and rains for the time being as do you so it's highly unlikely the AR contingency program will ever kick in.

well, that and the contingency will most likely be at the majors level only. they started late, se majors was almost done, so they are doing regionals for them this year

Thread Information