Thread: Formula Honda

Liked: 13

Default Formula Honda

I see in the FRCCA section that they are welcoming the Formula Hondas as a seperate class. To date only remarks are coming from outside the Norteast area. The class sounds like a place where the Honda powered formula cars can have what the Honda drivers want. Additional info at Andy 201-665-8682.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

The majority of drivers with Honda-powered FFs want to race FF. They want to race against lots of similar cars in the same class with modern technology and reliability. That is the whole idea! Creating a class for a few rogue types is wasting your time. Who would spend $10-15K to put a FIT engine in a FS car when there is 100s of other options for cheaper and more exotic engines and cars to choose from. You are chasing a market that is very small or non-existent.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

I think you have the wrong end of the stick problem child
    We're not trying to start converting cars over to honda's
    We're inviting those who already run Honda's to run in their own unrestricted
    Class with the FRCCA
    I personally can't think of anything worse than buying or converting a car
    Only to then have to restrict it's performance
    Honda owners are out there and we are simply hoping to give them a place to race and feel welcome.
    if that's 1 or 100 cars thats ok with us

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by 86vd View Post
    Class with the FRCCA
    Honda owners are out there and we are simply hoping to give them a place to race and feel welcome.
    You don't seem to be getting any response, and I'm telling you why. People that have Honda powered FFs bought them, or converted them, because they want to race FF. They just don't want to race with old engines that require maintenance, and have reliability issues. If you are trying to attract people to your series, then you should target a reasonable demographic ..... or you are just wasting your time. That is "marketing 101". I'll stick with my end of the stick thanks.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

I'm still not sure we're your getting the idea we want them to run with od engines
    We're talking about Honda's running with Honda's
    But thanks for your input

Classifieds Super License Raceworks's Avatar
    Liked: 215

Quote Originally Posted by 86vd View Post
    Class with the FRCCA
    Me, I never had a problem with equalizing us with the Kents via an air restrictor. The only two things I've had problems with was the tiny one they started us out on.

The problem is for those of us with existing packages that have been competing for years is that if I were to pull the restrictor out I'm going to have to junk about $6,000 worth of LD-200 gears & re-buy, then I'm going to have to re-do all my chassis set-ups to deal with the extra acceleration (and I've just NOW gotten competitive again after adapting to the new spec tire), then I may need to spend more money on better brakes because of the extra top end (or I'll just wear out my existing brakes faster, either way more $$$). Even if I sell off the old stuff and get good money for it I'm still going to be out around $4,000 just to run with one series that's a bit of a tow for met to get to. If I want to maintain my other programs I'm out $8,000 because I can't sell my old gear. Even us "big money" guys don't have unlimited budgets.

I think it's great FRCCA is trying to give the Honda powered FF owners another venue to race in, but I'm not sure the demographic they're trying to appeal to exists. Even on Apexspeed the most complaining you've gotten for the last couple years isn't from Honda engine guys, it's from some very vocal Kent people (one of the most vocal recently bought one of those blankety-blank Honda-powered cars).
    Sam Lockwood
    Raceworks, Inc
    www.lockraceworks.com

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

cool

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information