Liked: 0

Default HELP!!!! Bell RS7 Carbon SA2015 Or Arai GP-6 SAH2015 ???????

Which one should I buy? They are relatively similar in price, with the Arai being a little bit more expensive. What makes which one better specifically? What makes it worse? Anybody worn and tried both of them? Really would like to make the right decision before spending this amount of money! Thanks all.

Liked: 15

After years of wearing Bell, I switched to an Arai GP6 recently. I've only had it on my head for less than 5 hours, but so far I'm impressed. The quality is fantastic, the fit was great out of the box, and it's not made in China.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 42

For most people Bell and Arai are not helmets that fit both people. I fit Bell very well. Arai not even close.

Default How could I try them before buying them?

I live in Tampa FL and there are no auto racing stores around here that have these helmets and would let me try them on. My only option is to order the one I want online and hope it fits properly

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Default I agree with Joe

I must have the same shaped head as Joe. Bells fit me great; Arais don't.

Even if you have to mail order both and ship one back at your cost, it would be worth it in my opinion.

Are there motorcycle shops in your area that sell these two brands? Even if it is not the exact model you are after, you will get a basic idea if the forms they use to make their helmets are suitable for your head shape.

Liked: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jeffords View Post
    Even if you have to mail order both and ship one back at your cost, it would be worth it in my opinion.

Are there motorcycle shops in your area that sell these two brands? Even if it is not the exact model you are after, you will get a basic idea if the forms they use to make their helmets are suitable for your head shape.
    Agree you may have to buy two and return one.

However, if a Bell motorcycle helmet fits a Bell Racing helmet probably won't. They are remarkably different, as I found when shopping for the bike.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 177

Have you looked into Black Armor Helmets? I would look into them unless you set on only the two brands mentioned.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Verify that you can see downward to the dash in the Bell from inside you car. Arai makes the GP6 in a "W" which helped me a lot with this in the SRF.

Liked: 9

Lot of Bell helmets are on backorder right now. Some Arai's on b/o as well but you might get an Arai sooner depending on size.

Bell seems to fit rounder shaped heads (front to back). Arai fits oval shaped heads better in my experience.

If the Bell is snug in the forehead or you get a hot spot, Arai should fit better. Bell will sometimes be tight in the forehead and loose in the cheeks and wobble if you have an oval head.

Make sure the vendor has the helmets in stock before you buy. Some of our customers have said that they've purchased from some of our competitors, they get billed for the order and then it doesn't ship for 2-3 months - we don't do that. Our system pre authorizes the cc, we notify you if the helmet is on b/o and you are not billed until it's ready to ship.

Good luck!

PS: Stilo fits kind of similar to Arai, so if you have an oval shaped head, that might be an option too.
    ApexPerformance.net
    Premier Racing Outfitters

Liked: 610

Default Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Agree you may have to buy two and return one.

However, if a Bell motorcycle helmet fits a Bell Racing helmet probably won't. They are remarkably different, as I found when shopping for the bike.
    They are run by different companies.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    For most people Bell and Arai are not helmets that fit both people. I fit Bell very well. Arai not even close.
    Funny, they both fit me very well, with Simpson not even remotely close.

I was a really big fan of Bell until I started doing work that allowed me to take all different brands of helmets apart. From someone who has seen the inside of both brands you mention, I would put my money and head into an Arai.

Just an opinion.

Default Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    Funny, they both fit me very well, with Simpson not even remotely close.

I was a really big fan of Bell until I started doing work that allowed me to take all different brands of helmets apart. From someone who has seen the inside of both brands you mention, I would put my money and head into an Arai.

Just an opinion.
    Much of the delay in Bell Racing helmets this year is the move to a new factory, in a different location (one now, it was two), with new state-of the art equpment and processes. I think you will find it much different now that what you saw in the past !
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    Much of the delay in Bell Racing helmets this year is the move to a new factory, in a different location (one now, it was two), with new state-of the art equpment and processes. I think you will find it much different now that what you saw in the past !
    That's really good to hear. I was frankly kind of shocked the first time I took apart a Vortex and a Dominator.

Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Currently using 2005 snell but now new cert is out in 2015 I need a new one for scca right ????

Default Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by steve everard View Post
    Currently using 2005 snell but now new cert is out in 2015 I need a new one for scca right ????
    I don't think SCCA has said anything yet, but I'm guessing you will for next year.
    Keith
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3294

Quote Originally Posted by kea View Post
    I don't think SCCA has said anything yet, but I'm guessing you will for next year.
    Confirmation per the April 2016 update of the GCR:

Crash helmets approved by the Snell Foundation with Snell sticker 2005 or later Special Application SA2005 (SA2005 will no longer be accepted as of 1/1/2017)
    Dave Weitzenhof

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 95

Default Last time I looked

There is a shop in Florida. Right at the entrance to Sebring! AND I'm a Canadian for God's sake!
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Liked: 530

yes if you are in Tampa area, I highly recommend you go visit wine country motorsports over at Sebring. they have a showroom and you can try on lots of stuff. This is how I made my decision on Stilo as well as my Sparco race suit. Sure it is a bit of a drive, but far better than ordering and returning multiple times and you can compare stuff side by side.

Would anybody know the difference in sizes?
    A Bell 57 small equals to a 58 Arai?
    I dont get to test any of those here Colombia. There arent any shops.
    Last edited by ZuluagaRacer; 07.13.16 at 12:06 AM.

Thread Information