Liked: 9

Default New Exhaust System built recently

I needed a new header/collector for my '90 Reynard so after making a few calls I settled on using GP Headers, http://www.gpheaders.com/ in Barnesville, MN. Zach Griffin and his guys did a great job reproducing the old header that was on my car. Their craftsmanship was excellent. The old header had Stahl's name stamped on the flange so I am assuming it was made by them.

The new header bolted up and the tailpipe also fit the transaxle mount perfectly. I had them make up a 'two piece' tailpipe so I can sub a muffler when needed.

Last edited by jdp526; 03.08.16 at 12:42 AM. Reason: add pics

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Price?

PM if that's better.

Thanks!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 9

Zach charged me $1200 plus shipping which was about $68 to ship new header along with the old one. They packed the items very well and box arrived without any damage.

This exhaust is made of 304 s/s and the header weighs about five pounds more than the old one that was quite old and rusted out. Tubing is apprx .072" and flange is .375", thicker than the original.

I would suggest sending a flange or pattern to them because they had to make one using the old header. One or two bolt holes were slightly off-center but they were oversize so I did not have any trouble bolting up header. They did use the oversize tubing, 1 3/4", so ports are larger than the those on the head, like the old header. I also asked him to weld tabs to top and bottom of tubing where it fits to flange to reinforce welds.

I marked the spots on the older header where there was minimal clearance and I sent them a bunch of photos so they could see how it fit between frame and block.

They also welded mounts on header and collector so the two can be bolted together. The lower set of mounts were very close to shift rod but there was enough clearance to use the bolt without having to modify the mounts. I would probably ask them to move the bottom mounts towards the outside a bit to be sure you dont have a clearance problem.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Excellent. Thanks for the reply!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Thread Information