Thread: tire

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Default tire

Ran an entire weekend on tires left over from coles run at sebring. Not peak performance but durable, consistent,competitive. Good news was the ugly old purple haze (not to say purple is necessarily ugly) went away on out lap.

For those of us that are used to running on tire budget these things are great. For those that are used to stickers to find speed, keep spending money, can I have your take offs.

2. The following 7 users liked this post:

Liked: 29

Jim - we ran about 65 laps on the new tires on Saturday and my initial reaction was very positive. How many laps do you think your tires managed before you felt them start to drop off?

Contributing Member

Hard to compare heavy laps in one day vs. number of heat cycles with storage in between.
    Also PBIR was much harder on tires than Sebring significant graining.

That all being said I cant describe any falloff during session, while used tires lack the overall level of grip compared to new they just don't fall of like biased used to.

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by AGMelv View Post
    Jim - we ran about 65 laps on the new tires on Saturday and my initial reaction was very positive. How many laps do you think your tires managed before you felt them start to drop off?
    You may want to ask Cole that question. Jim doesn't experience fall off. He cut his teeth racing Fred Flintstone on stone tires...anything is grippy to him (or Norm)
    "If you're not driving on the edge you're taking up too much space.... "

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

JP

That actually was the complaint last weekend that I've just had more practice on hard rubber than most.
    Yabba Dabba Do

8. The following 4 users liked this post:

Thread Information