Liked: 229

Default Racer Parts Wholesale

Does any one have contact information for a senior management position at Racers Parts Wholesale?
    Please pm me that information.

thanks

Contributing Member
    Liked: 471

Quote Originally Posted by Pi_guy View Post
    Does any one have contact information for a senior management position at Racers Parts Wholesale?
    Please pm me that information.

thanks
    They don't exactly make it obvious, but:

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/aboutus

Key Indianapolis Staff

Tom Volk, Owner

Tom Volk owns several companies, and they all have something to do with mechanics, engineering and high performance. He's fascinated with making all things work better, including his businesses. He guides RPW with integrity, sound business practices and the commitment to supply quality products at competitive prices along with excellent customer service.

Tom raced motorcycles in motocross events while he was in high school and college. He began racing SCCA Spec Racers in 1989. He ran regional and national SCCA in S2000, GT3 and GT1. He ran a limited schedule in Trans Am for several years before moving into Prototype racing. That progressed to the purchase of a Kudzu in 1997 followed by a Riley and Scott in 1998.

Tom drove in many prestigious events, including six Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and several Sebring Twelve-Hour races with his team, TRV Motorsport. It was one of 11 teams that ended the Sports Racing Prototype era in November 2002 at Daytona.

Jack Borsos, General Manager

Jack has been with the company since the days of selling undercar exhaust in the Indianapolis area. He now serves as RPW’s general manager, and as such he is involved in all facets of our operations. Jack's business relationships with our manufacturers and dealers help us provide low prices and the latest products.

Jack was a tire changer on TRV Motorsport's pit crew, as well as the pit crew leader that kept the rest of the crew corralled and ready to go at a moment’s notice. Jack’s track experience also extended to retail sales with RPW’s retail trailer at SCCA and Grand-Am events.
    As a daily commuter and long-distance motorcycle rider, Jack has a thorough knowledge and extensive experience with all of the motorcycle products RPW sells. If you are on the phone with Jack and hear a dog rustling around in the background, make sure to ask about his rescued Greyhound Grace, who sleeps most of the day away in her bed next to Jack’s desk. Not only do we like fast cars and motorcycles, but we like fast dogs!

Tom Volk also owns Ohio Belting and Transmission.

I know you all have been sitting on the edge of your seats wondering what this was about, for any one who cares.
    Just got a notice from my CC company that they have refunded my money that I was charged for shipping. WhenIi completed the transaction I got a receipt that had the purchase price and free shipping on the document.
    The next day they send me an e-mail that there is no free shipping on that item.
    I call them we have a very unfriendly conversation I slam the phone down.
    They send me a e-mail that unless I approve the charge they are not going to ship.
    I never respond and start looking at other places like Summit that offers free shipping on that item. But get busy with a RFR with a wiring problem.
    A few days later I get a charge on my card for the shipping and a notice it shipped.
    Well I filed with BBB and my credit card company, he lied to the BBB but could not beat the paper trail with the e-mail time line with the CC company.

Then they sent me a e-mail to review the product and the company I wonder if that review is still up, the e-mail adverts stopped.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4353

I purchased from them one time. That was enough for me
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 175

A couple of years ago I was interested in buying a product from them, but I didn't want to pay the cost of shipping it from Indianapolis to Lafayette, which was ridiculous in light of the short distance involved. I had plans to go to Indianapolis for something else one day, so I called that day to confirm that they had the product in stock in Indianapolis. They represented that they did. So I swung by their shop to pick it up, and guess what? They didn't have it (and hadn't had it). Last time I ever contacted them about anything.

Liked: 99

I have only had positive experiences with them, mostly pickup but also shipping.

Well my view in this day and age is if your going to do sales on the web the technology you employ you keep up with the times. You advertize free shipping all over your web site and you do not have the technical ability to include a shipping notice on your receipt.

So I called after receiving the You no pay we no ship e-mail. I explained my position that you issued a receipt with no shipping charge and no indication that I was going to be charged shipping.
    She stated that if I did not agree to shipping charge it would not ship. Prior to this point I would have split shipping. Then I say can I talk to a manager she says no. Then says I am the marketing manager and I make the decision.

Well I have several comments on her ability to market and none of them pleasant.
    I was raised by a phd chemist who's best friend at the university was the chair of the honors dept. Her friend was a english phd and so many arguments were based on science and technology vs the arts.
    But as I have learned through life peoples experiences cloud their judgement.

Thread Information