Thread: Trailering FE

Liked: 16

Default Trailering FE

What is the smallest enclosed trailer being used out there in FE?

What is the smallest enclosed trailer being used out there in FE and you don't hate your life every time you have to load it to go to/from the track?

I know the best way to trailer is usually "go as big as you can afford/your vehicle can pull" but I'm curious to what everyone is using.

Thanks!

Liked: 45

I've put a couple FE's in this trailer.

It's very light weight, no load leveling hitch needed, no extended mirrors for your pickup.

Tows like a dream.

I haven't been advertising it but, it's still for sale.

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68562

Quote Originally Posted by goncalv3 View Post
    What is the smallest enclosed trailer being used out there in FE?

What is the smallest enclosed trailer being used out there in FE and you don't hate your life every time you have to load it to go to/from the track?

I know the best way to trailer is usually "go as big as you can afford/your vehicle can pull" but I'm curious to what everyone is using.

Thanks!
    I have a 7' wide enclosed trailer and the car fits just fine. The narrower width makes it easier to tow, since you don't have to punch such a large hole in the air.

It would be nice to have the extra width, but the car does fit without too much hassle. It's simply awkward to walk around once parked in the trailer (you have to climb over the tires, rather than walking around the car), and you have to line it up pretty well before getting it to fit through the door (only a few inches of clearance on either side).

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 77

My Trailer is 20' and i have enough room for the car plus a full size ATV and large roll around tool box , plus the built in cabinets and work bench.
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 447

We successfully towed our FC before we bought our FE in a 16' enclosed trailer. The car was roughly the same wheelbase. You would need to get inventive on where to store other things and take the nose off of the car to get everything to fit. The rear wing was kept on in the FC, but depending on your pit vehicle needs, that may need to come off too.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

My FeatherLite (post 2) is an 18 foot, plenty of room between the front of the car and the work bench. It too has a roller cabinet (2 pins in the workbench will release it to roll it out).

More than anything, the weight savings is why I went this route.
    Last edited by BillH; 04.07.16 at 5:49 PM.

Liked: 177

I'm using a 16'x7' trailer. Put e track running horizontal on the side walls and then get some e track 2x4 holders. You can put 2x4's running over the car and can hold up some plywood to store anything else that you can't fit.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Chet Zerlin's Avatar
    Liked: 4

We've been using a Pace 7x14 single axle trailer for a number of years. I've installed an electric winch and jack which makes loading the FE a cinch. I also lowered the height by 18" which means that it all fits nicely inside a standard size two car garage.

Since we now have two FE's and just ordered a 36' Gooseneck to transport both of them. Once it comes in I'll advertise the trailer here on Apexspeed.

Trailer is located in Long Island, NY.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 16

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

I sent you a message via email.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chet Zerlin View Post
    We've been using a Pace 7x14 single axle trailer for a number of years.
    So getting back to the original question in the thread, this seems to be the smallest confirmed size. What about a 6x12? Specifically where the wheels are outboard so you have the full 6' width for the whole length. Would that work? The car is listed as 62" front track width with 8 inch wheels, but I don't have one to measure the true total width.

What is total length of the car with all the body work still on?

Quote Originally Posted by FormulaRedline View Post
    So getting back to the original question in the thread, this seems to be the smallest confirmed size. What about a 6x12? Specifically where the wheels are outboard so you have the full 6' width for the whole length. Would that work? The car is listed as 62" front track width with 8 inch wheels, but I don't have one to measure the true total width.

It would work theoretically but thats not advisable.

Liked: 91

Quote Originally Posted by FormulaRedline View Post

Don't forget that you could use TRANSPORT WHEELS instead of the slicks, and trim a few inches of width off there as well.

Liked: 77

When I used transport wheels the front track was actually wider than with the OZ wheels.
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Thread Information