Liked: 3

Default March Fast Track and Restictors

Did anyone get a chance to digest the posting about restrictors in the March Fastrack. It looks like it has not been approved but if so will go into effect in March? Am I reading that right? I did not get a chance to read it closely but I think it was 37.5mm for most engines. Thanks.

http://www.scca.com/downloads/13120-16-fastrack-march

James

Liked: 126

I read that as approved.

Liked: 159

Default wtf

Once again, my letter asking them NOT to try to cap speeds based on Daytona results.....and asking for restrictor only on engines newer than 08 (bmw, etc.).....is being used to justify this.

HOWEVER....it was my understanding from previous postings that the 37.5 thing stirred up such a fuss that they decided to drop that idea. No competitor ever ask for it, that is for sure.

Now we have to start screaming foul again. Start your lobbying efforts asap.

Jerry
    Last edited by JerryH; 02.21.16 at 11:05 PM.

Liked: 273

Quote Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
    Once again, my letter asking them NOT to try to cap speeds based on Daytona results.....and asking for restrictor only on engines newer than 09 (bmw, etc.).....is being used to justify this.

HOWEVER....it was my understanding from previous postings that the 37.5 thing stirred up such a fuss that they decided to drop that idea. No competitor ever ask for it, that is for sure.

Now we have to start screaming foul again. Start your lobbying efforts asap.

Jerry
    Obviously Jerry whatever point you were trying to make was not interpreted the way you intended it. I'm not too happy about this at all.

I thought the CRB had come to a consensus that there was not a majority that wanted this. Starting my entire letter writting campaign all over again.

In my opinion purchasing restrictors from one supplier (engine builder) at this point is wrong in so many ways and for those of you that don't dyno tune your engine do so at your own risk.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 139

Really, We get to do this all over again....
    Gary
    Looks like you did a good job this weekend.

Liked: 175

You are looking at the minutes of the January 20-23, 2016 Board of Directors meeting during the 2016 National Convention, and the key sentence says, "If passed, the CRB recommends this change to be effective 3/1/2016."

Moving on to the minutes of the more recent CRB teleconference on February 2, 2016, we find in the Taken Care Of section a response to Letter #18781 that says, "Please see the response to letter #18713, February 2016 Fastrack." The referenced response to letter #18713, February 2016 Fastrack (found in the Not Recommended section) states, "The CRB is withdrawing the recommendation in letter 18344, January 2016 Fastrack Minutes."

Quote Originally Posted by James Michael View Post
    Did anyone get a chance to digest the posting about restrictors in the March Fastrack. It looks like it has not been approved but if so will go into effect in March? Am I reading that right? I did not get a chance to read it closely but I think it was 37.5mm for most engines. Thanks.

http://www.scca.com/downloads/13120-16-fastrack-march

James

James and to all
    I was told this was inadvertently posted. The CRB in February recommended that the restrictors be removed completely.

No restrictors for FB recommended by the CRB.

Thanks David for pointing this out. Amazing how many text messages I got about this while I was at the Willow Springs Majors.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 83

Default No Restrictors for FB

March Fastrack contains an error: Letter 18344 was withdrawn as listed in the Feb Fastrack. A correction will be posted in the near future.

David Arken

Liked: 83

Default FB Restrictors Correction posted

A Racing Memo correction has been posted
    David

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files...pdf?1456244329

Liked: 3

Default Yea!

Yea! Thanks! No Restrictors!

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 48

so IS this finally OVER NO restrictors for any FB? and off the table going forward in the future ? I HOPE SO
    friend us on FaceBook search "velocity haus"
    like on facebook search "velocity haus Engineering"
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Quote Originally Posted by greg pizzo View Post
    so IS this finally OVER NO restrictors for any FB? and off the table going forward in the future ? I HOPE SO
    I would say at least for the next few years. We hit the CRB and the BOD with a unanimous amount of driver feedback for no restrictors they got the message.

To be honest with all I think this was blow back from just a few car owners that couldn't handle the fact that JRO kicked their arsses and thought the Gen4 Kawi was some killer power plant.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 48

so JUST TO BE CLEAR you can use ANY production power plant any year just as it comes out of the bike with the allowable modifications .... ie dry sump etc ?
    friend us on FaceBook search "velocity haus"
    like on facebook search "velocity haus Engineering"
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by greg pizzo View Post
    so JUST TO BE CLEAR you can use ANY production power plant any year just as it comes out of the bike with the allowable modifications .... ie dry sump etc ?
    Greg, Since the July, August and September GCRs all appear to have the same errors wrt to the engine table and restrictors, I suggest that the current legal rules for the FB class will revert to the June 2016 GCR at this moment in time. June 2016 is the last month that the GCR shows no restrictors required. At that point in time the rules from the June 2016 GCR has a list of approved engines. So my interpretation is that the ONLY ENGINES ALLOWED ARE THOSE IN THAT LIST.

I have no idea what will happen when these errors are corrected. I suspect that the rules will be corrected to what is in the June 2016 GCR.

The above is Just my opinion. It would be good to hear from someone in actual authority.

BTW, 3 months with the same error and no one catches it. WASUP Qith that? I did not either but then I am not racing in FB.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Thread Information