Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Default Are Homologation Papers Required?

Has the whole homologation process been suspended or this still required in 2016?
    Thanks!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

I read that it is not. Just get an annual tech and a logbook.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3787

Steve is correct.
    Reading the current GCR... if you build the car to the GCR rules, you only need to find a tech inspector and get a log book assigned.
    If you want to build different from the GCR you need to apply to Topeka for an exception. That most probably will require engineering sign offs, etc, along with their forms.

No more homolagation of formula cars in SCCA.

But..... if your existing car has been previously homolagated, keep the paperwork to prove legality (as in being 'grandfathered in')

Liked: 183

What if you car was never homologated in the first place? All I need to do is get a log book? I know the car model has been homologated, just not this particular car.

Liked: 3787

You should be able to get a logbook issued. It might speed up the day if you can show examples of the same chassis that have homolagation papers.
    But a used car with no 'papers' coming into the club is the same as a new car coming into the club.

Liked: 183

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    You should be able to get a logbook issued. It might speed up the day if you can show examples of the same chassis that have homolagation papers.
    But a used car with no 'papers' coming into the club is the same as a new car coming into the club.
    that would be awesome.. I can easily provide proof, even a log book number. But I guess I would need to get the car inspected for GCR compliance before getting the log book.

definitely something to think about.

Thread Information