Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 120

Default 2016 NWFC schedule

June 17-19 3 races Spokane County Raceway

July 23-25 2 races Pacific Raceway

Aug 6-7 3 races Mission

Aug 27-28 2 races Castrol

Bonus races available all weekends except Pacific.

We are happy to announce that PR1MUS is back on board for 2016 with a similar prize structure to what we had in 2015. We have also been invited back to Mission as the feature race for the SCCBC weekend that was such a success this past season (If you missed it last season make sure to make it this season).

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    2016 shaping up to be a good season

Currently using everyones old cars and paint schemes and missing the 6 or so new guys but hopefully will have it all completed for Spokane.
    From elsewhere

Liked: 131

I'm excited to race with you guys but disappointed no ORP or TRMP!

Liked: 442

Went with whats best geographically this season as we went with what people said they wanted (ORP and The Ridge) last season and those where the lightest attended races.

Schedule is always a tough one but we hope to learn from every season and every change.

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Went with whats best geographically this season as we went with what people said they wanted (ORP and The Ridge) last season and those where the lightest attended races....
    Well, I can certainly understand why you did what you did. On the other hand, if there are die hard people who just gotta run in Oregon, they can always do the other ICSCC events down there for club points.

Personally, if we were still in it, I'd think a four weekend season was pretty short and I'd be looking for other races.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    Well, I can certainly understand why you did what you did. On the other hand, if there are die hard people who just gotta run in Oregon, they can always do the other ICSCC events down there for club points.

Personally, if we were still in it, I'd think a four weekend season was pretty short and I'd be looking for other races.
    Thanks for the feedback Rick,

You are correct, more than four weekends is definitely doable for a lot of our drivers. Making more than four specific weekends of travel away from home however is not according to both our entry numbers, and driver feedback.

We definitely encourage our participants to make events outside of our schedule, especially ICSCC events, which most of them do. I know that there will be around 5 fc's that will make it to ORP this year, so just because it is not on our schedule doesn't mean it will not be fun for those who do make it.

Our schedule also minimizes schedule conflict with other events our drivers are likely to attend.

Furthermore, our goal with our schedule is to get people who attend one or two events to make it to one more trip away from home this year. Hopefully, this schedule allows them to do that as it minimizes travel and travel costs while keeping intact our best attended races.

Also, weather patterns were taken into account for all of our available tracks as rain is a big deterrent to FC participation. All these events should be sunny.

Liked: 145

The schedule allows for all NWFC drivers to complete the maximum number of races allowed for the championship by completing their home race and traveling to two additional tracks.

It minimizes the number of travel days and distances, for the majority of drivers.

We also did a win probability matrix and adjusted accordingly so as to minimize any single drivers home track advantage.

We will never be accused of not looking at all the information available while crafting our schedule.

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

OMG!

Steve Litsky is still running FC? That is just fantastic. Jeff and I were at Pacific during his first race in an FC with his wife and young son along. He seriously hammered it at Turn 5 and Jeff and I helped him get a badly bent car into the trailer after the race.

He repaid the good deed about 1.75 years ago by being my recovery doctor after my first time falling and cracking my head open..... GOOD LUCK Steve!

Liked: 145

Lmao......sorry about that.....I tend to live in a multi variant world that generates surfaces rather than lines

Sorry guys I was not trying to indict anyone; I know you guys put a lot of work into this!

If I can make a suggestion for next year: Why not keep the points based on your top 8 races and still add a weekend? 8/12 isn't much different than 8/10, and it would let people like me with limited vacation time and questionable reliability be able to skip or DNF one race without losing major points opportunities. Similarly the Alberta guys could still skip ORP or wherever.

I don't know if I can make it all the way to Castrol or not, but I don't mind trying. I just think 4 weekends is really short and doesn't leave much wiggle room. I know I'm not a championship contender anyway, but I want to be at least able to pretend.

Please don't take this as complaining, I really appreciate you guys putting this together. This series is the only reason I own an FC instead of some other car.

No worries Pat all input is good input.

You and us here in Alberta are in the same boat as at least 1 race of the season is really really far away. So you need to make the rest of the season so you don't have to make that trip if you don't need it.

For you I see this. Your close races are Spokane and Pacific your longer travel weekend is Mission and your really long haul is Castrol. So you pretty much need to make Spokane and Mission but could probably get away with missing Pacific. You would still be able to get 8 races in using the bonus races at Spokane & Mission to sub for the races at Pacific if you can't make it. Doesn't leave any wiggle room for DNF's during those weekends but it would keep you in the points race if you did make them.

We had always envisioned the championship as a 4 race weekend series with a bonus race weekend but right now we are trying to maximize attendance at the core 4 races. Everyone usually does an early season race as a shakedown but everybody tends to try and stay very close to home for that race so making it an NWFC event doesn't always work out as we planned.

Liked: 30

Starting to think about summer racing plans and looking at the conversation here. I can't imagine doing the tow to castrol, but the others are doable. If I was needing points I'd have the option of towing to Castrol and leaving the car there for a couple of weeks and flying home. It's the 15 hours tow home from there that kills me!

As to adding bonus rounds later, let's all at least coordinate which would be good ones and try to center on those. I'm liking ORP and/or The Ridge in September.

See you in Spokane.

Russ Werner

BTW Greg, we should find a loaner car for Jeremko in Spokane!

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180

Quote Originally Posted by drdestructo View Post
    I know a guy that has 3 chassis, one is completely stripped though.
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

17. The following 2 users liked this post:

I second this. As Lawrence mentioned, we know where the car is. I'm available to crew. Just have to convince the owner to loan it out.

Charlie

We need to get post 2 above made into a poster once it is filled out!

Russ

Charlie

We need to get post 2 above made into a poster once it is filled out!

Russ
    That is the plan once everybody gets me photos of their new and updated cars.

Good idea Russ, I'll get the final from Roger and we can have some posters ready for Spokane. Also, Roger has been working on some t-shirts.

Where can I find the series points allocation and also, how many races count this year?

Suggestion for a fall bonus race.....everyone required to bring a case of hometown beer. Divide it up on the podium!

Russ

Russ did you get the Jan newsletter? It was covered in that and you can take a look at the news section(Races) and about(Points) section on the website.

But here is the break down.

10 NWFC Races best 8 Count
    3 x Spokane
    2 x Pacific
    3 x Mission
    2 x Castrol

Also any bonus races on an NWFC weekend can be used to substitute for a missed race DNF etc in a official NWFC race (Max 2 subs for the season).

Based on last years event schedules we anticipate the following possible bonus races on the NWFC weekends
    2 x Spokane
    0 x Pacific
    1 x Mission
    3 x Castrol

Points are OG F1 style top six 9/6/4/3/2/1 with a bonus point per race start and up to 3 bonus points for cars finished ahead of. Finishing ahead of a car in your class is worth 0.5 point/car and classes above are worth 1 point/car.

Classes are Zetec / Pinto (90-now) / CFC (pre-90)

Each class is scored seperatly each race so the top finishing car in Zetec / Pinto / and CFC all get 9 points as long as they have a min of 3 cars in that class. Then everyone is grouped together after the weekend for the overall weekend winner prizes and overall NWFC championship.

I think thats everything if you didn't get the newsletter let me know and we will resend.

Roger

"Points are OG F1 style" is the best thing I read all day.

Thanks. I found the newsletter, buried and never read. I need to change the email address I have with NWFC.

RUSS

3 Months until Spokane!

Hopefully everyone is in full panic mode rebuilding cars ordering parts and prepping for the season.

We will be doing some light coverage of pre-season races that we see our competitors participating in seeing who is faster what cars they are driving etc.

We also need anyone who hasn't submitted their car profile pictures to do so now this will help us have promotional items ready for the season (Website/posters/video/etc). This includes people with new cars, new paint schemes and new drivers.

I will send you guys some pictures as soon as I can, but it will be at least a month as I still have a way to go on rebuilding....

Over this past weekend we had a number of NWFC drivers take their first runs of 2016.

In the ICSCC we had Scott Morton take out his new to him 2002 Van Diemen for a long enduro run out at the ridge. Running some very respectable times in his first outing he logged a good number of laps over the 50 min enduro. Other than some late sway bar issues everything seemed to run smoothly for the former conference GT-2 Champion.

Out at Mission Raceway the BC contingent started their season with the CACC McRae Memorial Weekend. On the ground we had Brad Law doing special correspondence and he has done a full write up of the weekend.

CACC Race 1 Report
    SCCBC hosted the first sanctioned ASN motorsport event in Canada for the 2016 season this weekend. Cool mornings and pleasant afternoons made this a very comfortable opening event. The track was in good condition which lead to track times much in line with the end of last season. The weekend finished with no crashes in any classes.

CACC has recognized FC as a class in their conference this year and FC put 6 club cars on the grid for opening event. All 6 cars plan to attend every CACC race at Mission this year. 2 novice FC drivers joined the SCCBC fold over the winter - Patrick Wilson and Mitch Egner. Patrick is driving Michael Lensen’s former Pinto powered car and has just begun his racing career. Mitch Egner arrived with a well sorted late model Van Diemen Zetec. He is is a former karter and sprint car driver with much experience and speed.

Mitch was the story this weekend with the fastest qualifying time of any car in any class over the weekend laying down a blistering 1:06.641 on Saturday morning.. Later he won the 1st and 3rd race, but suffered a DNF on the second race with a mechanical issue. Mitch was calm and collected during the event with a Schumacher like demeanor. Mitch will be a force to be reckoned with in NWFC this year.

The majority of open wheelers attended the open wheel BBQ (and some tin tops snuck in too) held every Saturday night at all Mission races and for the first time FC where the most numerous participants taking the torch from the formula ford racers who started the event 4 years ago..

The first race on Saturday saw Mitch Egner move from 14th position on the grid (Novices start at the back at CACC) to winning the FC division in his first ever race in FC. Mitch was followed by James Nadolny and Kerry McEwan respectively. Micheal Lensen was a surprise 5th place finisher (and anticipated front runner) with an electrical problems that plagued him throughout the weekend. His attempts during the weekend to trade his new car for his old car where unsuccessful. Brad Law failed to fuel his car adequately turning his potential 2nd place finish into a 3rd place coming up a half a lap short and red faced at the end of the race.

The second race saw the expected winner Mitch fail to complete the race as a piece of his intake made its way into a cy cylinder damaging a spark plug resulting in a DNF. The race was won by James with another of his consistent performances in his finely tuned Pinto car. Kerry followed in 2nd place. Brad Law once again took some time off during the race with a flaky master kill switch but did manage to get his car restarted and pick up 3rd spot.

The third race saw Mitch once again charge from the back of the pack to 1st place in a very sunny and warm race. James lost his well deserved second place finish as he failed to scale and traded positions with Brad as a result.

Thanks to Brad for that.

We have seen a wide spectrum of starts already with a solid start for Scott Morton a rough begining with a new car for Michael Lensen and a possible wrench in everyone's Championship plans with the new addition of a young Mitch Egner.

To see photos of the CACC event you can check out Martins Action Photography he should have them up shortly.

29. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 49

Brad,
    you got your shock fixed ok? I got the message too late, we were in Oregon.

.....BTW Greg, we should find a loaner car for Jeremko in Spokane!
    REALLY??

From years of watching Jeremko race the Stohr against some of the finest drivers in the country in D/SR during the SCCA Nationals, I think you're putting a ringer in the field that would be hard to beat. I have never seen any driver do the Turn 5 - 6 complex at Pacific faster the Jeremko in the Stohr and that includes the really hot shoe big bores in SOVREN!

He should have had a pro career somewhere. Skilled and fearless driver.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    He should have had a pro career somewhere. Skilled and fearless driver.
    There's a lot more to the story of his career, maybe he'll write about it sometime.

I did best his time in an autocross once...must've had a bad day or something
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Rick we haven't mentioned the loaner will be a dreaded 85 Reynard F2000 car that should slow him down enough.

34. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Smith View Post
    Brad,
    you got your shock fixed ok? I got the message too late, we were in Oregon.
    Hey Brad

I did not get my shocks fixed, however... while wandering through Alan McColls shop I discovered an "abandoned" Tiga with shocks that were sized near perfectly to fit my Citation. So, I "borrowed" them and ran the race weekend.

I still plan to get you the a-arms that I believe may fit your car. Show up at CACC2 and they should be there.

Liked: 8

Default 2016 SCCBC race weekend #1 April 30-May 1, 2016

Photo's of the 6 FC racers at CACC sanctioned SCCBC race weekend #1
    all photos at www.martinsactionphotography.smugmug.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

RACE REPORT

We had a number of NWFC drivers take to the track this past weekend both North and South of the border.

We had the BC contingent complete their second race weekend of the season out at Mission getting the jump on everyone in preparation for the season opener in Spokane. Mitch Egner? was once again the class of the field winning all 3 races. He was followed by James Nadolny who during Sunday morning Qualy knocked off over a second from his personal best lap time on his way to 3 second place finishes. With a Third and 2 fourths Keray Mcewan also took a second off his personal best lap time showing just how quick the track was this weekend. Michael Lensen? finally overcame his misfire issue for the final race of the weekend bringing the #18 Van Diemen home in 3rd place. Brad Law? had some struggles early on with a suspension issue but managed to recover for a 3rd and a 5th in the final two races of the weekend.

Down South we had Scott Morton?, Mike Hilliker?, Pat Wildfire? and Daryl Harsha take to the track in Portland at the Rose City Opener. With some drivers completing their Novice license requirements and registering in multiple run groups for more track time we didn't get to see a straight fight between them but we did see all improve their times over the weekend as they worked through their early season shake down runs. Mike Hilliker didn't have as trouble free a weekend as he had hoped but when the car was running smooth he got down to a promising 1:12.5. Scott Morton managed to complete all his laps this weekend getting that valuable seat time in his new Van Diemen. Pat Wildfire was shaking down his Mygale after the winter rebuild and said the car handle very well even though a wrong choice of gearing meant he was off the pace slightly. Daryl Harsha made one of his usual appearances while only running in group 6 during the weekend he did manage a time of 1:18.3 in his 83 Van Diemen before problems ended his weekend early.

38. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default NWFC gearing

As an extremely lazy individual, I run the same gears at PIR (chicane), Spokane, and the Ridge.

I've never run the FC at Pacific, Mission, or Castrol.

Any idea of ratios (10-31) for those? I have a pretty good idea where I'll start (think "lazy") but I hate changing gears at the track!

Cheers,

Russ

40. The following 2 users liked this post:

Pacific can be the same as PIR and Spokane (it is for us)

I can't recall the other two but they were the same as well.

We run the same gearing at Castrol as we do at Mission and it's almost spot on.

The series will be sending out gearing info as part of the drivers package before each event for Zetec and Pinto but I can send you some stuff now if you would like.

Roger

Gearing recommendations are plus or minus 4 teeth?
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Quote Originally Posted by HayesCages View Post
    Gearing recommendations are plus or minus 4 teeth?
    No we actually give 4 different recommendations but don't mention what RP or motor they are for so you have to guess and choose.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by RSS; 05.05.16 at 11:45 AM.

45. The following members LIKED this post:

Plus or minus a few teeth......
    Attached Images Attached Images

47. The following members LIKED this post:

Look, I have to see that mouth-rot everyday around the 'hood. Bleck
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

49. The following 2 users liked this post: