Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Swift17 View Post
    ....My first office was in the "arrow" bldg; "X" is the advertised building......[/COLOR]
    Five cars in the parking lot doesn't make a thriving brewery. Matter of fact 5 cars doesn't even make a healthy startup company.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 232

Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    .... I learned years ago to never do business with anyone that has a Fort Lauderdale address. It is home to 95% of the scam artist in the country. ........Ed
    That is completely unfair - characterizations like that are insulting if not repulsive. Generalizations by their nature are more reflective of the speaker rather than the recipient.

That being said ..........

I have some land just west of Fort Lauderdale to show you - could be the investment you are looking for and being offered to you first ! Have a very reputable builder who will be happy to drain (err develop ) the land for you ... he drives a db-6
    EJ

Swift db-1 (019-85) / Ducati Paso Ltd SS / 70 Triumph "Bonnie"
    Plantation (Ft.Lauderdale)/SCCA-Florida Region 37 years
    JGenerotti's friend, dad, mechanic, assoc. sponsor, etc.

3. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 232

Default P.I. Report ...........

MEMO

DATE: 4/22/16

TO: Apexspeed'ers

RE: Oak and Cane/Fortify Group ("OC/FG")
    Subject: Building Site
    Topic: On-site Visit
    Visit date: 4/21/16
    __________________________________________________ ___________

As planned, a visit was conducted @ 16 NE 4th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL to locate and, if possible, interview any individual(s) from the OC/FG.

The single story concrete construction building was approached @10:30am and the parking lot was moderately filled - the main portion of the building (P1 attached) is occupied by a well known settlement purchasing company - it buys the "paper" held by individuals who have structured settlement resulting from lawsuits or, in some cases, life insurance ("LF") policies, usually from ill individuals who want a portion of their proceeds BEFORE death.

There was NO access to Suite 110B from the main entrance.

A side door was located to the north/left of the main building entrance and identified as an "Executive Suite" facility/ (P3 see arrrow) and a building Marque was located next to the door which identified OC/FG (P2)

The door was locked; looking inside thru the window, no one was seated at the reception desk located behind a closed clear window - there was no evidence of any "buzzer/external telephone" to call tenants - waited a few minutes to see if anyone entered or exited this portion of the building -there was NO activity - left the location @ 10:45am.

Follow-up:

Contact was made on the same date @ 9:30pm with a fellow member and President of the well known "Fort Lauderdale Italian Motorcycle & Gourmet Dining Club" (FtLIB&G) who advised that recently an unknown named "...craft rum emporium/distillery..." opened approximately one mile north of the subject 4th Street location and two blocks from the FtLIB&G Clubhouse.

Time permitting, a site visit to this second location will be conducted this weekend.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim Rockford (.... an alias to protect from character assaults due to status as being from Fort Lauderdale )
    Last edited by Swift17; 02.21.17 at 8:30 AM.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 1432

Why do people feel the need to park the car until the bumpers hit the concrete stops? With a Ferrari, that should be cause to repo the car.

Nice work Jimbo. Have Dennis Becker run the plate on the Ferrari and have Chapman book 'em. If you did get into the building, I bet Angel would be running the show. Seems like his type of thing.

Liked: 3787

Many "special brand" spirits are not custom crafted in a classic distillery.

They are bought in bulk from an established company with large capacity, shipped into the US in bulk, and then "custom" bottled. Doesn't take much of a infrastructure to accomplish.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180

Judging by that pretty large crack in the doorframe the building might not be standing much longer anyway. Must've skimped on the rebar.
    Last edited by HayesCages; 04.22.16 at 1:31 PM.
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Liked: 799

I guess this and many other questions all get answered in 35 days at Lime Rock

11. The following members LIKED this post:

After looking at the Facebook page, it seems this is a legit start up attempt. I don't think our favorite web-site-creating con man would go to that length to make a shadow sponsor. A more likely story is both Oak/Cane and LEGP need some mutual puffery so they went in on this thinking it would make them both look better.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 177

Well this is getting quite entertaining.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 355

https://www.facebook.com/f4uschampio...91480424366514

seems he is somehow actually putting something together?
    sounds like some of you guys will be able to ask Jon in person at Mid-Ohio.
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Liked: 799

Roebling Road website shows "LEADING EDGE" has the track on 6/27-28

it'll be worth 15 minutes to wander over and see who/what if anything :-)

So he's the team owner again? He resigned according the Facebook page's previous posts. Maybe he re-hired himself.

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Narcissists cannot stand not being in the limelight. They mentally cannot endure being a silent partner in anything. They thrive on titles like "President" "CEO" etc.

Liked: 151

Default Jon Lewis is Back

F1000 championship series reunion at Mid Ohio! I'm looking forward to it.

I wonder if Renegade ever got that loaner trailer back from him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. The following 2 users liked this post:

La la la la
    Last edited by marshall9; 06.15.16 at 11:45 AM.

Liked: 1112

Aw, Marshall, why did you have to mention hiring security?

He might not have thought of that, but we know he reads these posts...
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

24. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 30

I would feel sorry for the drivers that paid for these rides if the local sheriff showed up with an injunction and padlock the cars and equipment.

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Jon called me a few weeks ago and asked me what he could do to make things better with this community. Now, it's not like Jon and I are buddies, but when someone that owes you $12,850 calls, you answer the phone.

I listened to him for a while, upset that this site had run off his sponsor and made it impossible for him to put anything together. I listened to more stories of why the F1000 thing fell apart, and why it wasn't his fault.

He then asked me what he could do, and I suggested that making some (any) progress toward paying the prize money promised for the F1000 series would be a step in the correct direction.

He offered to send me $2500, and in exchange I was to report the payment here. I was skeptical that the check would arrive and clear, but it did.

Postscript:
    Jon is mad at me for not posting this sooner. I agree with him that I should have posted something earlier. This was happening at a crazy few weeks for me, and I should have made time to post, but didn't. Then Jon sent me an e-mail that I don't even think that I read the whole thing. It was clear that he was mad, and "washing his hands" of the whole F1000 thing. That didn't motivate me to get on Apex and post this, more the opposite. Anyway, as I have thought more about it, I said that I would report the payment, so I have reported the payment.

27. The following 4 users liked this post:

It's hard to buy a reputation. Even harder to buy a good one, trading in a bad one for twenty cents on the dollar. You did the right thing Brandon.

Liked: 229

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Dixon View Post

He offered to send me $2500, and in exchange I was to report the payment here. I was skeptical that the check would arrive and clear, but it did.

Postscript:
    Jon is mad at me for not posting this sooner. I agree with him that I should have posted something earlier. This was happening at a crazy few weeks for me, and I should have made time to post, but didn't. Then Jon sent me an e-mail that I don't even think that I read the whole thing. It was clear that he was mad, and "washing his hands" of the whole F1000 thing. That didn't motivate me to get on Apex and post this, more the opposite. Anyway, as I have thought more about it, I said that I would report the payment, so I have reported the payment.
    Dance to your own tune.
    Working on his schedule is to his benefit not yours.
    Enjoy every time you get his panties in a bunch...

But was looking through a 1990 autoweek last night and saw a classified for a driving program. To be an Indy lights driver send 20 dollars and your resume and no driving experience is needed.

had a chuckle wondered if the two were connected

Liked: 80

Hey Jon,

When will the rest of us receive 20 cents on the dollar?

Jeremy Hill

31. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 703

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Dixon View Post
    Jon called me a few weeks ago and asked me what he could do to make things better with this community. Now, it's not like Jon and I are buddies, but when someone that owes you $12,850 calls, you answer the phone.

I listened to him for a while, upset that this site had run off his sponsor and made it impossible for him to put anything together. I listened to more stories of why the F1000 thing fell apart, and why it wasn't his fault.

He then asked me what he could do, and I suggested that making some (any) progress toward paying the prize money promised for the F1000 series would be a step in the correct direction.

Postscript:
    I wonder if he made similar phone calls to SCCA Pro, Mosport, Sunoco, or any of the other entities that he defrauded. Not to mention a call to Reid and the other people he slandered in one of his stupors.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

33. The following 2 users liked this post:

I think he killed his own reputation. Apexspeed just reports it to those who can do a Google search. He is not doing this out of goodwill, or a realization he has done wrong to the racing community and trying to make amends. He is doing this because his past is catching up with him and making it harder for him to carry on as he does.

He finished off any shred of credibility he may have had when he made that super awesome website. The pedophile thing was a nice touch though. Pretty hard to 'make that right'.

35. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 38

Default F4 entry list

OK enough of this crap. Anyone seen a friggin entry list for the F4 series at Mid Ohio with FRP this weekend? Monty is out there promoting all the series regular entries. The East Coast Knuckle Head FF group is giving us as much info as possible for there group. The VW guys have posted some information about there part in this. And I see nothing about the F4 . I talked to Bob this morning and he said yes they were racing and the field was 13 cars so far. Does anyone know what PRO MO TION is?
    HT

Quote Originally Posted by H.L.Tallman View Post
    Does anyone know what PRO MO TION is?
    HT
    Do you mean at the Secret Car Club of America?
    Last edited by reidhazelton; 06.28.16 at 4:01 PM.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Does anyone know what PRO MO TION is?
    HT
    When I raced the Toyota Atlantic series, Vicky O'Connor (the nicest women in racing) owned a company named Pro Motion who administrated the series. I have no idea if the two are connected or are the same but I doubt Vicky has anything to do with the F4 series. If she does, the series will be successful under her guidance.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Its not FRP.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

As Bob said it is not FRP as they run their own series and have good press releases/updates.

Not sure what you mean there is no promotion as F4 has an announcement on their website listed today that there is a race at Mid Ohio this weekend. What more is needed
    Steve Bamford

41. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by stonebridge20 View Post
    When I raced the Toyota Atlantic series, Vicky O'Connor (the nicest women in racing) owned a company named Pro Motion who administrated the series. I have no idea if the two are connected or are the same but I doubt Vicky has anything to do with the F4 series. If she does, the series will be successful under her guidance.
    +1 for Vicky. When I was a little 12 year old kid, and first found the internet I went straight to race car sites. (Yeah, I know...) I stumbled on a link for more information and Vicky sent me all sorts of stuff. She sent a full media kit, a few hero card things, and a t shirt. I read that media book cover to cover countless times and wore the shirt out in a month I wore it so much.

That is how you do promotion.

PS. I took the previous post where "PRO MO TION" was used as a jest, asking if anyone knows how to promote something. I did not think he was asking what it was, as an entity. Could be wrong, just how I read it.

43. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    +1 for Vicky. When I was a little 12 year old kid, and first found the internet I went straight to race car sites. (Yeah, I know...) I stumbled on a link for more information and Vicky sent me all sorts of stuff. She sent a full media kit, a few hero card things, and a t shirt. I read that media book cover to cover countless times and wore the shirt out in a month I wore it so much.

1996 at Mid Ohio, I qualified P1 in the C2 class in the rain on slicks. I come into pit lane and Vicky walks over to me and asks why I went out on slicks and not rains. I tell her that I don't have any rains. She says "go to the Yokohama truck and get some rains" I then tell her I don't have rains because I can't afford a set. She looks me in the eye and says "go get a set of rains, I'll take care of it" She did and I'll always remember her for that!

46. The following 5 users liked this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bamford View Post
    As Bob said it is not FRP as they run their own series and have good press releases/updates.

Not sure what you mean there is no promotion as F4 has an announcement on their website listed today that there is a race at Mid Ohio this weekend. What more is needed
    I hope the "rest of the world" does not notice the other 5 classes of formula cars racing there.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    I wonder if he made similar phone calls to SCCA Pro, Mosport, Sunoco, or any of the other entities that he defrauded. Not to mention a call to Reid and the other people he slandered in one of his stupors.
    My understanding was that he had contacted multiple other victims around the same time. I will leave it to them to say whether or not he contacted them.

I wonder if SCCA Pro got their money? He was supposedly banned by them until he paid. He might have had to pay them to get the ban lifted. I wonder what they will say if I ask them to justify why they are promoting this guy when he is a proven scam artist. There was someone who paid him for a ride in the F1000 series who never even got to sit in a car. It shows how desperate SCCA is to get participants in the series.

In retrospect, it is obvious now that he never intended to pay back the people that he scammed. He spent a little bit of money so that whenever someone asks him about all of this mess, he can point to this incident and say, "I tried to make it right, those guys are the problem. I'm not the problem." I hope that the information here keeps anyone from believing him.

OK enough of this crap. Anyone seen a friggin entry list for the F4 series at Mid Ohio with FRP this weekend? Monty is out there promoting all the series regular entries. The East Coast Knuckle Head FF group is giving us as much info as possible for there group. The VW guys have posted some information about there part in this. And I see nothing about the F4 . I talked to Bob this morning and he said yes they were racing and the field was 13 cars so far. Does anyone know what PRO MO TION is?
    HT
    Releasing that information would just show what a disaster it is shaping up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    I hope the "rest of the world" does not notice the other 5 classes of formula cars racing there.
    I wonder if the world will notice that the cars are going to be about as fast as a good club ford?

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Wren you could be right, or close on the speeds due to the size of the car, tunnels & power to weight ratio however it won't matter as all cars will be equal.

I hate to break it to those wanting the series to fail but regardless of who is running it or a part of it the series will only increase over the next few years. It definitely has had its major growing pains but regardless of what many wish to think ultimately it will grow. The series is not focused towards the club driver nor is it focused on an older driver such as myself. F4 has some very good teams signed on who I am sure will do very well with some excellent drivers.

The current press releases are lacking, this weekend will be the first so I am sure there will be issues but a year from now things will be much better.

Car supply has been a stumbling block so far, once they are caught up and a few race weekend are completed I think you will see some positive momentum.

I wish I was wrong & that they old tried tested & true series would dominate the future however I don't think that is the case going forward. There is still a place for them, just maybe a little different then it was a few years ago.
    Last edited by Steve Bamford; 06.28.16 at 8:00 PM.
    Steve Bamford

50. The following 3 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    My understanding was that he had contacted multiple other victims around the same time. I will leave it to them to say whether or not he contacted them.
    Nope.

Liked: 59

We raced with a new F4 two weeks ago. It was a Primus entry. We stopped by to say hello to James the owner/driver, and Primus. Beautiful car and build. It was quicker than the FC's on the Sebring short course, but might have been because it was a great driver. It had to run FA class. I wish the series luck. But I root for and support all the F classes, FA, FB, FRP 2000, 1600, FC, FF, FV, and F4.

Cool car! Had quite a rumble to it on the grid.
    Last edited by billwald; 06.28.16 at 10:50 PM.

Liked: 20

I'm glad that a Primus is being talked about in the context of Leading Edge GP.

Might as well lump scammers together.

In my opinion these people are putting a serious stink on an exciting new car and series.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post

In my opinion these people are putting a serious stink on an exciting new car and series.
    That's a pretty broad stroke.

Liked: 38

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post

PS. I took the previous post where "PRO MO TION" was used as a jest, asking if anyone knows how to promote something. I did not think he was asking what it was, as an entity. Could be wrong, just how I read it.
    You are not wrong. That is exactly what I meant. To many deep thinkers out there.
    HT

Liked: 59

Parker, I never put two and two together. I dealt with Primus in 90's and early 2000's before I started racing FB. Great people and they treated me well. I was only commenting on an F4 we raced with two weeks ago. The owner/driver; James Goughary is a friend. Thanks!

PS: I never had any business dealings or racing entries in Jon's series and have no comments to add. I was simply talking about a sharp new race car that showed up on the grid and we went to have a closer look later. Maybe I should have started a new thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post

Last edited by billwald; 06.29.16 at 4:15 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information