Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Liked: 30

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by romoman View Post
    Looks like Jon likes Reid http://www.reidhazelton.com/

It had more content earlier.

There's grounds for a lawsuit or at least a good a## kicking!!

If Jon did this I can't believe he want to go toe to toe with every one...

Liked: 1432

Oh, Jon did it. If not him, it was the 'oversteertv' guy. Either way, they are in on it together. Classy as ever.

I'm 'looking into it'. Might give a call to the USF4 and SCCA and see how they approve of this as the Facebook post identifies the poster as speaking for 'the team'. I am happy to know I caused him to spend the extra couple hundo on registering the domain name anonymously.

Hey Wren - how jealous are you that even you didn't get your own 'Created By Jon' website?

I hope this means we have given him enough exposure to make his scams more difficult. I know on good authority he is running the team and identifies himself as the team principal.

I've always wanted my own website!

PS. He got my email wrong - it's @aol.com, I'm old school.
    Last edited by reidhazelton; 03.31.16 at 6:15 PM.

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    I am happy to know I caused him to spend the extra couple hundo on registering the domain name anonymously.
    Don't be too happy Reid. It was probably somebody else's money.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by stonebridge20 View Post
    Don't be too happy Reid. It was probably somebody else's money.
    Way to be a Debbie Downer.

Liked: 1417

At lease his web design skills are improving.

I'm still so very proud of this, though...

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 151

Default Jon Lewis is Back

Hey Wren - how jealous are you that even you didn't get your own 'Created By Jon' website?
    I don't even know what else to do. I tried everything.

I'm sorry, but I deserve it more than you do.

On a serious note, it reflects poorly on the SCCA that they are helping to promote Leading Edge GP. Whether his name is removed or not, he is still calling the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    At lease his web design skills are improving.

I'm still so very proud of this, though...

I will kick in $100 towards you getting this tattoo.

You know you want it.

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Default Reid's email address

Reid,

I tried your email on your website & this is the message I received:

Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s):

Failed Recipient: cocksucker@gmail.com
    Reason: Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

Not sure why your email is not working on your website but I hope you update it so I can contact you once again.

Oh & don't be jealous Wren, Reid hasn't had anyone write FU with his name on their car...yet!
    Steve Bamford

12. The following 3 users liked this post:

Hah! I forgot about the whole #FUWREN thing. That was almost as classy as my email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I will kick in $100 towards you getting this tattoo.
    You know you want it.
    Oh, I already have it. It was a dare from Kim.

15. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

I am told Lewis has resigned from Leading Edge.

Not sure what to make of that. Did he get ousted? Or, did he 'resign' due to his reputation, but still pulling the strings?
    Looks like he has reinstated himself, from a "press release" on their website dated March 28:

“We at Leading Edge Grand Prix are extremely excited about our partnership with Oak & Cane,” said, John Lewis, Vice President of Leading Edge Grand Prix. “It is definitely one of the most exciting brands of rum to hit the market in many years, and we are looking forward to many future years of a successful partnership as we work together to bring the Oak & Cane brand to mainstream America.”
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 190

http://www.reidhazelton.com/

It's obviously a "work in progress"

It keeps fading away......
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 84

Missed it. Whatever was on that web page is gone. What was it? What's going on?
    "If you're not driving on the edge you're taking up too much space.... "

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

He doesn't seem to be hiding his involvement too much...

http://www.leadingedgegp.com/Crew.html

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

This is the original page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    Did he really post a "press release" with his first name spelled wrong on his own Facebook page?
    It now looks like he's making an attempt to keep the search engines from finding all of the great motorsports background history about "Jon Lewis." Now, people can also search, "John Lewis." Maybe we should preemptively include "John Louis" and "Jon Louis" in the future Google results that point here, as well.

I love that he can't keep himself away from anonymously trolling ApexSpeed, too.

Wow. I didn't see the 'fine print'. I like the "child molester/little boys" part. That's made this go from mildly amusing to quite sad actually. But, I guess if you're going for outright slander, that's always worked in the past.

I like how Mike B. got a shout out too.

If there was ever any doubt at to his lack of legitimacy, this pretty much eliminates that. Speaks quit loud for the person he is.
    Last edited by reidhazelton; 04.01.16 at 12:39 PM.

Liked: 111

Classy that they would include someone like Tomy Drissi as well....

24. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3787

Jon really needs to get out of the racing business and start a new career in a business he would be better suited for... say ... pay day loans.

26. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Raceworks's Avatar
    Liked: 215

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Jon really needs to get out of the racing business and start a new career in a business he would be better suited for... say ... pay day loans.

Or politics.
    Sam Lockwood
    Raceworks, Inc
    www.lockraceworks.com

Liked: 111

Default name change

I guess I'll have to change the name of my race team.. from Leading Edge Racing to "me myself and I"... dont want to be associated with this guy, even by mistake.. bummer, cuz I liked the name..

-Bob

Liked: 84

Hahaha this guy is a legend!!
    "If you're not driving on the edge you're taking up too much space.... "

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by helipilot04 View Post
    I guess I'll have to change the name of my race team.. from Leading Edge Racing to "me myself and I"... dont want to be associated with this guy, even by mistake.. bummer, cuz I liked the name..

-Bob
    You've proved your competence. I'll let you race under the Stonebridge banner if you

want.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Oak & Cane Revs Its Engine and Prepares to Break Onto the Formula Racing Scene FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 4, 2016 FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Oak & Cane, an emerging Floridian rum launching in April 2016 added another feather to its cap today, announcing a new partnership with Leading Edge Grand Prix as sponsors in a multi-year deal that will put the company squarely in front of the millions who watch the FIA Formula 4 league racing series. "This is an incredible opportunity and development for our brand," saidCameron Grace, one of the co-founders of Oak & Cane. "We are thrilled to be partnering with Leading Edge Grand Prix and also very proud to be part of the roster of previous liquor sponsors that have included Cabo Wabotequila, owned by Sammy Hagar that sold to Grupo Campari, and among the current sponsors, which include Honda Racing and Pirelli." This is a major milestone for Oak & Cane, and an enormous boost to our visibility in the market," said Fred Greene one of the co-founders of Oak & Cane. Oak & Cane is a craft rum made entirely from ingredients sourced in Florida; it offers a taste that is inescapably Floridian. Rum's popularity has been on the rise in the United States, and Oak & Cane will be one of the brand's sure to benefit from this trend. As part of the multi-year exclusive sponsorship deal, Oak & Cane will be the only spirits served in the Leading Edge hospitality suite during the 2016 FIA Formula 4 series. The series kicks off this Memorial Day weekend on May 27, 2016, in Lakeville, Connecticut and will close at the Homestead Miami Speedway in Miami, Florida on October 8-10th, 2016. "We at Leading Edge Grand Prix are extremely excited about our partnership with Oak & Cane," said, John Lewis, Vice President of Leading Edge Grand Prix. "It is definitely one of the most exciting brands of rum to hit the market in many years, and we are looking forward to many future years of a successful partnership as we work together to bring the Oak & Cane brand to mainstream America." For more information about Oak & Cane, visit http://www.oakandcane.com/ Dates of FIA F4 United States Championship events and more details can be found at http://www.f4uschampionship.com/ Oak & Cane will be available for sale online starting May 1st and will be served in select restaurants in Florida, California, and New York. About Oak & Cane Oak & Cane is a Florida craft rum made from premium Florida ingredients, classically aged in white American oak that has been infused with fresh cut Florida orange peels. Debuting at the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America Convention in April 2016, the beverage is already attracting interest from rum lovers everywhere. For more information, please visit Oak & Cane's website.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 126

It almost reads like something out of The Onion.

Liked: 177

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    Oak & Cane Revs Its Engine and Prepares to Break Onto the Formula Racing Scene FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 4, 2016 FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Oak & Cane, an emerging Floridian rum launching in April 2016 added another feather to its cap today, announcing a new partnership with Leading Edge Grand Prix as sponsors in a multi-year deal that will put the company squarely in front of the millions who watch the FIA Formula 4 league racing series. "This is an incredible opportunity and development for our brand," saidCameron Grace, one of the co-founders of Oak & Cane. "We are thrilled to be partnering with Leading Edge Grand Prix and also very proud to be part of the roster of previous liquor sponsors that have included Cabo Wabotequila, owned by Sammy Hagar that sold to Grupo Campari, and among the current sponsors, which include Honda Racing and Pirelli." This is a major milestone for Oak & Cane, and an enormous boost to our visibility in the market," said Fred Greene one of the co-founders of Oak & Cane. Oak & Cane is a craft rum made entirely from ingredients sourced in Florida; it offers a taste that is inescapably Floridian. Rum's popularity has been on the rise in the United States, and Oak & Cane will be one of the brand's sure to benefit from this trend. As part of the multi-year exclusive sponsorship deal, Oak & Cane will be the only spirits served in the Leading Edge hospitality suite during the 2016 FIA Formula 4 series. The series kicks off this Memorial Day weekend on May 27, 2016, in Lakeville, Connecticut and will close at the Homestead Miami Speedway in Miami, Florida on October 8-10th, 2016. "We at Leading Edge Grand Prix are extremely excited about our partnership with Oak & Cane," said, John Lewis, Vice President of Leading Edge Grand Prix. "It is definitely one of the most exciting brands of rum to hit the market in many years, and we are looking forward to many future years of a successful partnership as we work together to bring the Oak & Cane brand to mainstream America." For more information about Oak & Cane, visit http://www.oakandcane.com/ Dates of FIA F4 United States Championship events and more details can be found at http://www.f4uschampionship.com/ Oak & Cane will be available for sale online starting May 1st and will be served in select restaurants in Florida, California, and New York. About Oak & Cane Oak & Cane is a Florida craft rum made from premium Florida ingredients, classically aged in white American oak that has been infused with fresh cut Florida orange peels. Debuting at the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America Convention in April 2016, the beverage is already attracting interest from rum lovers everywhere. For more information, please visit Oak & Cane's website.
    Damn, they are about to realize thier mistake. And they think millions will be watching, I cant imagine what else he lied to them about.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Liked: 442

a multi-year deal that will put the company squarely in front of the millions who watch the FIA Formula 4 league racing series.

I must have missed those races on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    a multi-year deal that will put the company squarely in front of the millions who watch the FIA Formula 4 league racing series.

I must have missed those races on TV!
    I looked at Oak and Canes website. No contact info. Somebody should warn them.

36. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Liked: 322

"in a multi-year deal that will put the company squarely in front of the millions who watch the FIA Formula ".... one?? Maybe they don't know that Formula FOUR is not ONE.. They may think they got a great marketing deal with the 'new' F1 team.

OR, maybe I didn't know this series had that many spectators, I guess I may be wrong
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 1112

".. squarely in front of the DOZENS of who watch.."
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Due diligence

Don't do a proper due diligence you get what you deserve

Ed

41. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 30

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
    I looked at Oak and Canes website. No contact info. Somebody should warn them.

43. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by allof6 View Post
    I looked up the corporations number. No answer and no voicemail. Odd

Liked: 127

I particularly enjoyed the part about it being the only spirit served at the Leading Edge hospitality suite.

The scenarios he presented to these guys must have been laughable at best. Hospitality tents, sipping rum, and lounging under palm trees. That's how our weekends typically go at the track, right?
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Contributing Member

Default Oak & Cane

Beginning to think the whole Oak & Cane think is just another scam. He made it up to look like he had major sponsors to draw in others.

Ed

47. The following 5 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    Beginning to think the whole Oak & Cane think is just another scam. He made it up to look like he had major sponsors to draw in others.

Ed
    Yup, I work with a private investigative company. The two numbers that came up for the company either had no voucemail or were disconnected. I will spend a minute on it tomorrow if i get the time.

Liked: 3787

How ironic that it was filed on 4/1/16

From Florida Department of State Corporate Records:

Florida Profit Corporation
    OAK & CANE CO.
    Filing Information Document NumberP16000030044
    FEI/EIN Number: NONE
    Date Filed: 04/01/2016
    Effective Date: 03/28/2016
    State FL Status: ACTIVE

Principal Address:
    16 NE 4TH ST
    STE 110B
    FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33301

Mailing Address:

16 NE 4TH ST
    STE 110B

Registered Agent Name & Address

FORTIFY GROUP INC
    16 NE 4TH ST
    STE 110B

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    Beginning to think the whole Oak & Cane think is just another scam. He made it up to look like he had major sponsors to draw in others...... Ed
    I think you are dead on. The Oak & Cane web site is obviously brand spanking new and very much incomplete. I'll bet they haven't made a single bottle of rum as yet.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 232

Default Interesting ......

I'll be downtown this morning ........

This is about 3.5 blocks from the Federal Courthouse (convenient ?).

My first office was in the "arrow" bldg; "X" is the advertised building.

If I have time maybe I'll saunter by .........
    Last edited by Swift17; 02.21.17 at 8:30 AM.

Contributing Member

Default Fort Lauderdale

The address tells you all you need to know. I learned years ago to never do business with anyone that has a Fort Lauderdale address. It is home to 95% of the scam artist in the country. The only good thing about Fort Laurerdale is the airport is a lot easier to get in and out of then Miami. Guess it makes for a quick get away.

Ed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information