Liked: 3

For Sale 2000 QRE Invader QC1A with spares for sale

Up for sale is a 2000 QRE Invader QCA1 set up for road racing. My son and I had planned to turn this into an autocross car, but alas my size (6’5”) made it such that we would need to do significant chassis modifications to it, and instead we purchased a second car already built to accommodate my size and set up for autocross.

Car has been very successful in the past. This started out as a QRE car and Mike Brent drove it for a while. Captain Eddie also owned the car and then it transferred to Steve and Nick Thomas and then sold to the guy I bought it from in 2011. It sat from 2011 to 2015 without seeing track action, although it had been stored properly with fluids drained, occasional marvel mystery oil and hand turning engine, etc. When we purchased my son and I proceeded to methodically go through the car, cleaning out fuel and cooling systems and got it up and running and just did low speed test drives down the driveway. There is video of it starting, running and driving in the gallery linked below. We then went through the chassis, cleaned up everything, did a some paint touch up here and there, checked rod ends, inspected shock rubbers, lubed things as needed and spent a bunch of time making sure everything seemed really solid. Bodywork is a little tired, but functional and chassis appears to be in excellent shape. Have spent a bunch of time on the phone with Q (thank you Q) as we have been looking things over. I suspect it will need some sorting when you get on track, but a lot of the grunt work has already been done for you.

Engine is a 494 non-RAVE motor, belt drive, 38mm carbs etc. It was a regular front runner and we have full logbooks. Belts are expired and will need replaced if road racing. Fire system appears to be intact and shows good on gauge but we have not tested. Don’t yet know a lot about these cars so have been learning as quickly as we can and happy to test things for prospective buyers and have you stop by and inspect in person. Formula car lift in the photos is not included (we need that for the other car).
    Car will be sold with a bunch of spares as well. Basically take a look through the gallery of photos, but a lot of things included to reduce the additional parts you may need to invest in. Things like extra clutches, rims, spare bodywork, gears, starter, calipers, etc.

Also have an open trailer with tire rack if interested. I planned to keep it as for local events it’s really useful and good on gas, but I do already have two enclosed trailers to use. Tows solid although it’s not tremendously pretty.

Link to gallery of photos and videos is at http://www.photoplace.com/Cars/QRE-Invader/ . All of the photos expand to very high resolution. After you’ve clicked on a thumbnail there will be a small icon in the bottom right to allow you to select sizes up to original resolution. So you should be able to get in close to look at details before you decide if you want to come see it in person.

I’m located about 20 miles north of Albany, NY and can be reached via cell at 518.951.9753 or email at saul (at) photoplace (dot) com. $6k will include the car and spares. Trailer I would add in for an additional $500 WITH the car. Very happy to answer questions, provide additional photos as needed etc.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default New F-500 driver in SEDIV

My son Carl has decided to enter the F500 arena with this car. Plans to run the TT series this year, including the dragon hill climb events with the idea of a possible Suzuki transplant later down the road. Notice I didn't say necessarily 600cc. Thanks Saul. It's going to be a long drive up to north Albany, NY!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 3

Default Sale is pending.

Deposit has been taken and look forward to meeting you in person in a couple weeks Scott!

Thread Information