Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Racing View Post
    Its a shame, I was really excited to come out and try one of your events in my club ford, but as I understand it you allow the dirty Honda engine cars in?

That is disgusting.

Looks like I am locked into the Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series this year! I was reading their rules and I was pleasantly surprised to see no Honda crap allowed (http://www.formulafordchallengeseries.com).

Pretty cool I'd say!!!

Too many Sunday cocktails or just poor form?
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 19

Default Congrats Mr. Cass. Spoken like a true Professional Wrestler

WOW, You don't see this to often in a true gentlemen's sport like formula ford where a competitor would insult the equipment choice (that is legal) of a fellow competitor, but in this case I suspect that said competitor is most likely more suited to a sport like professional wrestling or roller derby or other sports along those lines, where trash talk of this nature is part of the game, or it just could be he has no respect for racers who take the sport seriously.

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

I am just surprised that someone with such views would be using a computer, and the internet, to distribute them. Writing a letter and sending it through the mail would seem appropriate. I guess he is selective on his use of 21st century technology.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

6. The following 4 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Hey, let's not turn this into a Royal pissing match like the discussion of that other series has become.

Ed

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 78

Some people just don't get it! Lets talk about how good this series will be and how many drivers are going to run with all types of cars. On a side note Mike Kelly has been helping me make a seat for the DB1 this weekend. Or should I say that he has been making a seat for the DB1 as I act like I am helping him. I am the driver I have important things to do like sit in the car and get covered with foam. Now that I have this fancy seat I cant gain any weight!

10. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Default Wow, thats interesting.

WOAH, is this how the DUFFUS's respond to a potential new driver who expresses an opinion?

Well forgive me! Didn't know the Right Wing Formula Ford Society was so sensitive?

VRG seems to have a much more welcoming atmosphere, perhaps you should let potential drivers of your series know that. A sense of humor helps from time to time.

And , as I stated before, I would LOVE to come race with you guys. I was at your Pittsburgh event 2 years in a row to spectate and would love to be your 8th driver. If we want to make that happen tell the Honda's to stay home.

Cheerio!

Liked: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    Some people just don't get it! Lets talk about how good this series will be and how many drivers are going to run with all types of cars. On a side note Mike Kelly has been helping me make a seat for the DB1 this weekend. Or should I say that he has been making a seat for the DB1 as I act like I am helping him. I am the driver I have important things to do like sit in the car and get covered with foam. Now that I have this fancy seat I cant gain any weight!
    Derek, Sorry you wasted Mike's time and hard work. Just save time and remove the seat now, by June you will not fit in it!
    Craig Walker
    Crossle 25F CF #71
    "Paying alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse". Groucho Marx.

Liked: 201

WOAH, is this how the DUFFUS's respond to a potential new driver who expresses an opinion?

Well forgive me! Didn't know the Right Wing Formula Ford Society was so sensitive?

VRG seems to have a much more welcoming atmosphere, perhaps you should let potential drivers of your series know that. A sense of humor helps from time to time.

And , as I stated before, I would LOVE to come race with you guys. I was at your Pittsburgh event 2 years in a row to spectate and would love to be your 8th driver. If we want to make that happen tell the Honda's to stay home.

Cheerio!
    If you were there to spectate 2 years in a row then you saw a great feature race in 2014 between a Honda and a Ford with 1-2 passes each lap for the lead. More welcoming should be inclusive not exclusive. It sounds like VRG is exclusive, not the other way around.

Default I did

Yep, I did see a great battle. Still don't think Honda's should be there, as I said that is just my opinion. I am allowed to find those cars disgusting.

HOWEVER, your drivers telling me to go **** myself because of my opinions tells me a lot about the type of series this is. No other series has done that to me.

Its a shame. Now, if those things were said in the heat of the moment I have no problem with that. They should just apologize as gentlemen racers.

Craig remember I normally help you get strapped in the car. I can make those belts very tight...

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 74

Cheerio!
    Please come to VIR. We'll see what Kent's can do, before you have to worry about Honda's.

Refer to my other post about a Steak Dinner haha

Liked: 67

Cheerio!
    Nigel, you have stated that you have no intention of racing with "dirty" and "disgusting" Honda powered cars, so why are you pulling the pin and throwing grenades into a room you don't even care about? Especially a series that is open to your car?

You stated your opinion and Sean stated his. Welcome to the Internet. To claim umbrage when folks respond negatively to you pissing in their cornflakes is more than clueless. Makes me worry about you, on-track and off...

Nigel, as an organizer of the Royale Series and a member of VRG (you are a member, aren't you?), there is nothing funny, humorous or welcoming about your posts.

VRG, and historic racing in general, IS welcoming. It's just a few peculiar individuals that aren't... Please don't continue invoking VRG as if you speak for them. You don't, and neither do I.

Your warped sense of humor and failed attempts at disarming banter mimic the plaintive bleatings of your buddy from Royersford. Your posts are incendiary and designed to inflame.

I hope the other, more sensible members of your committee reach out to the Formula Ford community and reassure them that they are, in fact, welcome.

Based on your posts, it sure doesn't sound like it.
    -Peter Krause
    1984 Tiga SC
    www.peterkrause.net
    "The Driver is the Greatest Performance Variable in the Racing Equation"

19. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

I don't think Sean's comments are any more typical of the Duffus crowd than Cass's comments are typical of the vintage crowd. When you tell someone their kid is dirty and disgusting, you're not looking to set up a play date. Cass got the response he was looking for, so hopefully we can get back to talking about the racing

I'm working every weekend of the Series, so I will be unable to participate, but hope to sneak away to watch a few laps any chance I get.

I like hearing about (cool or unique or ordinary) classic FF cars, so I would prefer people share a bit about their race cars, rather than trash talk. Don't be shy ..... whose racing what? Lets see some pics! Every car has a story
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

21. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 9

Default Newbie Response

Its a shame, I was really excited to come out and try one of your events in my club ford, but as I understand it you allow the dirty Honda engine cars in?

That is disgusting.

Looks like I am locked into the Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series this year! I was reading their rules and I was pleasantly surprised to see no Honda crap allowed (http://www.formulafordchallengeseries.com).

Pretty cool I'd say!!!
    Let me say up front that I've been racing with VRG for years and really enjoy the sportsmanship and seat time they provide in their events.

I'm brand new to this forum and to FF racing. Haven't been in a formula car for over 15 years as I've been racing vintage production cars. My impression is the FF community on ApexSpeed not only is very inviting and but also seems to have a lot of fun with each other...its what finally got me involved and motivated enough to buy my "new" Crossle 30F.

By contrast, I don't understand the meaning of Cass Racing's comments. They're mean spirited and completely unnecessary. Glad you like racing with VRG, but throwing dirt on someone else's series is completely uncalled for. Sounds to me like the Duffus guys are having lots of fun and they're happy to have anyone come join them. To me that's great and that's what racing is all about...if you (Cass Racing) don't like their series, fine...don't race with them, but there's no need for the nasty comments.

To come back later on another post and expect an apology, like everyone else is in the wrong, is simply being blind to the idea that you are way off base here. It's you and your poor attitude that need adjusting and it should be you who apologizes for how you entered the forum in the first place.

I do intend to get my feet wet running my FF mostly with VRG this season, but I'm interested in checking out and trying running with other folks too. My car (and it's driver) may not be particularly competitive with the Duffus run group, but any chance to get out on the track sounds great to me.

The only thing I'm "locked into" is having a good time, learning how to drive a FF and meeting some great new friends, just as I have done in production racing. As far as I'm concerned whiners and haters should take their games somewhere else. Who needs/wants to deal with that garbage?

23. The following 9 users liked this post:

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Default G

Quote Originally Posted by stonebridge20 View Post
    Too many Sunday cocktails or just poor form?
    Both?

Liked: 1417

That is disgusting.

Pretty cool I'd say!!!

We have very clear rules against flame baiting and trolling, which this post is obviously in that category. This type of behavior is not acceptable at the track or here in this community.

First warning, last warning.

26. The following 8 users liked this post:

Default Severe Tire Damage

Well this escalated quickly!

I take absolutely no responsibility for anyone being offended on here.

When Dr. Samuel Johnson published what would become the first English dictionary, the upper class women's societies of London congratulated him on not putting any "offensive" words in his book. He responded, "Ladies, I admire your unwavering desire to look them up!".

My point is, there are clearly people LOOKING to be offended on here. If someone's opinion about your hobby-car sends you into a rage, then you need to go watch the US Election because this isn't that important!

Clearly the grossly offended out number me here, so tomorrow morning I will delete my profile and that will be the end of it.

However, if you still want to discuss this, send me a private message by tomorrow morning with your telephone number and I will give you a call. I am happy to discuss my opinion regarding Honda engines with any of you who find it that important. I am also willing to bet that many of you will actually like me when we speak, but we won't know that until we try.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Bye bye.....

29. The following 5 users liked this post:

Default Dirty Honda

Bye bye.....

Good job Mike. Best post of the thread.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Well this escalated quickly!

I take absolutely no responsibility for anyone being offended on here.

However, if you still want to discuss this, send me a private message by tomorrow morning with your telephone number and I will give you a call. I am happy to discuss my opinion regarding Honda engines with any of you who find it that important. I am also willing to bet that many of you will actually like me when we speak, but we won't know that until we try.
    I'm sure his inbox got almost completely full after such a generous offer.....
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

32. The following members LIKED this post:

Default All emotional rants aside.....

Just need to take an opportunity to say I cant wait to run some RCFFS events, especially against Derek Holmes at different tracks..... Derek, I will be bringing a notepad, mainly to copy down your excuses at a new track. This will be a blast. Time to put those skills to test!

For what its worth, Derek is rumored to be nicknamed "One-Track Wonder" by the Stewards, I, however have been nicknamed "The Mechanic". Mainly because I work on my car fixing stuff than I do driving it!!
    Last edited by S. Frebert; 03.22.16 at 9:03 PM.

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Geez, I will run my 71 Lotus 61 kent powered with any car whether it be Ford or Honda. The more the merrier is my understanding. I would rather run with 20 mixed motors than 6 Kents. Either way I will be just in there somewhere with a big smile on my face.
    Graham

35. The following 2 users liked this post:

Graham, I heard there were 19 FFs at Road Atlanta last weekend!
    Garey Guzman
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

37. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    Yes, there were 19 FF's.
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Graham,
    That's the idea, a good field with a cross section of chassis from every era of FF that is inclusive of all the motors allowed be they Cortina or Kent or Fit.
    And you the entrant/drivers are welcome to run your car on whatever tires you prefer, treaded or shaved radials or sticky slicks or rock hard slicks, whatever you have with no requirement to buy a set of tires for one or two weekends unless you want to.
    We have several really interesting developments and will be making numerous announcements in the coming weeks.
    I believe you are already on the email contact list so stand by !

And it seems the Shayne and Derek grudge match is warming up nicely and NJMP is still like 12 weeks away !
    I for one will be curious as to the what their wager will have on offer for the winner, or would that be the loser.....

40. The following members LIKED this post:

Does anyone actually think that knows me or my car really think that Shayne has a chance? Shayne don't worry I remember my first beer.

42. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    Does anyone actually think that knows me or my car really think that Shayne has a chance? Shayne don't worry I remember my first beer.
    4 hours, 52 minutes

This is the amount of time that's passed, with no response

I do agree if people know you, but that was Summit Point haha. That's like me bringing up when we all went go karting. I was Senna in comparison

You car though....hmm..

Guess the car does the driving? I though that's only part of the equation!
    We both know trick parts, honda, pushrod, spectrum's don't necessarily conceive a fast driver...... unless yours is......special..... aka: Hot......

Hahah Either way, Cant wait for this seasons events and to race at some more tracks.

Liked: 2

Default Who sanctioned the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    Who ran the event, SCCA?

Yup, SCCA. It was a Major too.
    Garey Guzman

46. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Rccffs njmp-l

Just out of curiosity how many people plan on being at NJMP June 3-5 for Event #1?

Liked: 20

I will there !

49. The following members LIKED this post:

I will be there.

51. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 280

I will be there racing the RP24.

Joe Marcinski

53. The following 2 users liked this post:

Joe are you sure we will be able to see this new car?

Liked: 280

Grasshopper,

If you are going poke the bear, stick with Shane.............

Joe M.

56. The following 2 users liked this post:

Good point...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default The CAR

I have seen the car, it does exist. But it was just a bare rolling chassis

Ed

Liked: 12

Default Njmp #1

I plan on being there.
    Craig Walker
    Crossle 25F CF #71
    "Paying alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse". Groucho Marx.

60. The following members LIKED this post:

Rand here, Crossle 30F/Fit, and will be there as well, already booked my room, can't wait to learn Lightning, never drove a lap there and many have said it is a blast......

62. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Njmp-l

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    Rand here, Crossle 30F/Fit, and will be there as well, already booked my room, can't wait to learn Lightning, never drove a lap there and many have said it is a blast......
    You'll love the track. High speeds, banked 95 mph last corner, elevation change, a few real good overtaking zones, no corners below 60 mph. This place has seen good open wheel races about 4-5 years back. RCFFS is a perfect fit for this track.

Here's my onboard Lightning video if anyone wants to learn the track:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXiFmgoBP-E

64. The following 2 users liked this post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information