Liked: 73

Is it June yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    Getting ready and cannot wait!!
    JD
    Zink Z10

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 78

I just got back from a very cold race weekend. Trying to learn how to drive on radials. The entire weekend I was thinking about the race coming up at NJMP.

Liked: 1

Default Gears?

Hey, im looking to go to the New Jersey race and have never been. What kind of gears would you recommend for 9:31 ring and pinion? From what i can tell from turn radiui it seems similar to nelsons ledges. Any help woud be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Nice to hear that you are bringing the Gemini to NJMP!

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Robert, I have never been either but have been told gearing similar if not perfect using Pitt Race setup and as you went well there last October suggest starting there.
    Derek, where was this wet and cold race last weekend anyway ?
    20 and counting, keep bugging your friends and neighbors to join Right Coast at NJMP in just over a week !

That post was older. It was the first weekend in April at Summit. I was trying to drive my car on radials with a cold track and not the right setup. So basically I was taking my car out for a Sunday drive vs racing. I think I have figured out things with setup so hopefully things will go better at NJMP. I think the race car gods are against me. I went to load the car into the trailer Sunday. I went to check timing one last time. The Pertronix in my Pertronix distributor died again. Then I noticed water on the ground and steam coming from the radiator. Looks like a hole from a rock.

Liked: 280

Default Suggested Gear Ratios

Hi Reilly,

Glad to hear that you are going to join us. I have a 9/31 R&P and use 20/32, 21/30, 23/28, 25/26. If you try those you will be really close.

Joe Marcinski

Liked: 1

Default Minimum weight for CF

Joe,
    What is our required minimum weight for CF as Dave, Phil, and myself were in Gingerman this past weekend and the minimum weight we were required to have was 1110 lbs. Just want to clarify if that is the minimum weight of if it is still the normal 1100lbs.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 280

Default Minimum Weight

Hi Reilly,

We have decided to follow the 2016 GCR so the minimum weight will be 1110 pounds.

Joe M.

Liked: 157

Default Let me know if you need some ballast

I have lead weights in all different form factors. If anyone needs something like 5 or 7 pounds let me know before the weekend so I load up some lead in the trailer. Haven't looked at the stash in a while, but can help out few folks if they are close. PM me if you are in need.

See you all soon.

Off to the Glen this weekend for the Chump race in a nice (non Chump) BMW, as a second string driver . 19 hours should put the car and 4 drivers to the test. Get the old hand eye coordination tuned up and reaction times dialed in for the Lightning race!

Steve

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Weight

I dream of the day I need ballast in the Bowman. Nice solid car, which make a nice heavy car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information